• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmins Portrayed in Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all

good to see a community for us.
I donno whether this topic has been discussed before.

I am totally upset with the way brahmins are portrayed in tamil movies.
I was watching the movie "New" and saw that Kiran was portrayed as an Iyer who tries to do some mean acts.

The content is so cheap displaying the real character of the director SJ Suryah. Though his intention is to take such scenes why is he targetting the iyer community. This is just one incident, I m sure that we have so many scenes where we are protrayed very bad.

A strong opposition should be done by the Tamil Nadu Brahmins Association to voice against such acts and try to see that we are not targetted again

Sriram Natarajan

Hello all

I was watching the movie "New" and saw that Kiran was portrayed as an Iyer who tries to do some mean acts.

The content is so cheap displaying the real character of the director SJ Suryah. Though his intention is to take such scenes why is he targetting the iyer community. This is just one incident, I m sure that we have so many scenes where we are protrayed very bad.

A strong opposition should be done by the Tamil Nadu Brahmins Association to voice against such acts and try to see that we are not targetted again

Sriram Natarajan

First off, welcome to the forum. Second, I think this sort of stereotyping is common in every movie. For instance, tamils are often portrayed as black, short, skinny ppl in Hindi Movies. Sikhs often have funny accents in tamil movies, and so on and so forth. Of course, I agree it's annoying to see Brahmins being shown as the bad guys. We just have to live with it, just as we've been living with other stereotypes like "tamils are black", "muslims are extremists", and the like. There are some things that can never be changed.

sriram u r correct. we may have to explore legal options for this.

Sriram,

Welcome.

And you are bang on target. Although stereotypes exist in movies, the way tamil brahmins are portrayed in tamil movies is vulgar and that only reveals the crooked hate mentality of all these non brahmin tamils.

These portrayals nothing short of hate crimes.

Hence legal options must be explored.

BTw there is already a couple of threads under general Discussions which have covered this. Pl explore the forum.

PIL against such vulgar , crude portrayals and hate crimes in movies and media

We need to file a PIL in the high court against such vulgar , crude portrayal of brahmins in tamil movies too.

sir - it is against law of land, and against censor rules too to potray any community in an offensive manner in films. i am sure, though i do not have any proof, that film makers should have bribed censor officials to include these scenes in their films.

Do we lack a sense of humour ?

Aww. come on. How is this different from stereotyping sardarjis? How is this different from mallus being portrayed as either debauched item girls or villians?

For goodness sake, it's a fictional "iyer" committing fictional "mean" acts in a movie.

Hello all

Sriram Natarajan

sirs- potraying any community in an offensive manner in public is a penal offence, and is also against censor rules and regulations. so you cannot violate law of your land and escape punishment under the excuse of 'sense of humour'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back