• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Relationships: Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

saidevo

Some of my articles and compilations on our religion have been well received in other forums. I shall post them here for perusal and feedback from our members. Here is a starter:

Relationships: Icons

As I get up in the morning and look out of the window, I am reminded of the Microsoft Windows operating system of my computer.

As I sit at the dining table for my early morning cup of coffee, I am reminded of Sun Microsystem's Java coffee cup.

If only I were reminded of Lord Krishna in the same way, looking at things, with something of a Bharathi in me, I could have been a far better person!

Have we ever stopped for a moment to think how many icons we meet in our daily life? Virtual hieroglyphics haunt me, taunt me, and control me like a friend, philospher and guide.

Perhaps the most popular icons that every citizen of the world will understand, are the male-female figures on a toilet wall!

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. Perhaps an icon is worth a thousand pictures.

Icons everywhere! In petrol bunks, travel points like airports, railway stations, bus shelters; shops, offices, hospitals; traffic signs on the roadside; and the emoticons in my email!

Icons forcefully change the way I walk, talk, write and think.The slew of technology that has permeated my daily life, is gradually replacing the language, leading me slowly back to the days of the hieroglyphics.

Idols are the icons of Godhood in Hinduism. Installed everywhere in the Hindu world like the modern-day icons, they remind a Hindu of his/her daily dharma.

When I need a plethora of icons for my daily life, is it not sheer arrogance on my part to frown upon the people who use idols?

saidevo

very true.

but unfortunately for us we have no other choice other than to embrace the technology which drives almost every aspect of our life.

When I need a plethora of icons for my daily life, is it not sheer arrogance on my part to frown upon the people who use idols?

no it is not arrogance, it is simply put a cause and relationship effect.

you see microsoft windows or nokia phones, you know how it works where it came from, who designed it, who promoted it, who owns it.

where Idol worship(let me phrase it this way) goes a long long long time ago during which many great things happened for which not a lot of proof exists (generally speaking.) apart from slokas, epics and other related stuff

so our question all mind, makes you to frown upon those who use those idols regularly on the dot every single day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back