• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Best Upanishadic Bhashyam by Shankaracharya

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRN

I have been reading the upanishadic Bhashyas by Adi Shankaracharya, and once thing I noticed is, in some of them he gives rather terse explanations, as though the additional points/inner meaning, must be obvious to the readers, whereas in some others, he goes into extensive detail on bringing out to the light, the true philosophic tenets of the sruti. I think this will help us get some insights on the chronological order in which he could have written the upanishadic Bhashyas. In my assessment, he has gone into tremendous detail, first in the Brahadaranyaka, and then into the Chandogya. Probably the Kena can be included (due to the two levels of bhashya). Of course this is not including the Brahmasutras and the Gita. Among the upanishads, I would rate the Brahadaranyaka as the one which is the lucid-est if that's the term.

Don't you like the Acharya's Ishvasya-Upanishad Bhashyam! The Acharya's Prasthana Trayam is one great work of a scintillating intellect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back