• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Need info on a scholarly commentary on Narayaneeyam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melputtur Narayana Bhattathiri's Narayaneeyam is well known as a condensation of Srimad Bhagavatam. Since Bhattatiri was a great exponent of Vyakarana and Mantrashastra there is a lot to it than meets the eye in Narayaneeyam. I learnt recently from my Veda Teacher that there was a commentary in Malayalam called Lakshmivilasa Vyakhyanam. This was published about 50-60years ago by an Educational Trust headed by the Maharaja of Travancore. This is a very scholarly book, useful for people who would like to go beyond the story into the details of the word structure etc., My teacher said that he has obtained one full volume and one partially available moth eaten volume, in a dilapidated condition. If someone could provide information I would be grateful. If the full set were available with someone I would be glad to go over and get a photocopy done. Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Gadhisunu8

Melputtur Narayana Bhattathiri's Narayaneeyam is well known as a condensation of Srimad Bhagavatam. Since Bhattatiri was a great exponent of Vyakarana and Mantrashastra there is a lot to it than meets the eye in Narayaneeyam. I learnt recently from my Veda Teacher that there was a commentary in Malayalam called Lakshmivilasa Vyakhyanam. This was published about 50-60years ago by an Educational Trust headed by the Maharaja of Travancore. This is a very scholarly book, useful for people who would like to go beyond the story into the details of the word structure etc., My teacher said that he has obtained one full volume and one partially available moth eaten volume, in a dilapidated condition. If someone could provide information I would be grateful. If the full set were available with someone I would be glad to go over and get a photocopy done. Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Gadhisunu8

Hi Gadisunu8
You can check with Kuppusami Sastri sanskrit research institute or any oriental research institute library. Probably they might have these vyakhyanam in their reference section.

Thanks
c.r.bala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back