Tamil Brahmins
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Alternatively, consider donating to keep the site up. Donations are accepted via PayPal & via NEFT. Details on how to donate can be found at here
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384

Thread: nice songs!

Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    When I turn to choose came along., before I could make a choice, my son made the choice for me... he noticed me watching this song and smiling....

Last edited by Raghy; 25-12-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I like night time.

I managed to develop a small little garden in the backyard.

It's been raining for the last few days on and off. Frogs like the weather ... they can't keep quiet. I have the constant buzzing of crickets... occasional bats landing on the mango trees followed by the sound of their munching the ripe mangoes..... and the sound of disturbed birds.... I could sit in the backyard all night...

It's the melody of the night....

3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    During my pre-teen years, almost all the brahmin boys were two years or older or 4 years or more younger. There were only a handful of them anyway. They didn't want to have anything with me until I was 15..

I used to go with all the non-brahimn kids... I was a wild card in the village. In our village, the irrigation wells were huge... sometimes 10 X 10 meters in size. I used to go up to 3 kms from the village to find a suitable well to swim.. after swimming, I used to eat something nice... usually I would help myself from the nearest field... 'just unearthed' peanuts... 'just broken away' sugarcane.. 'just plucked' raw mango... there was something else too... prickly pear cactus fruit... Prickly pear is a delicious fruit - provided you carefully removed all the thorns from the fruit... I was part of the nature....

But I was nowhere near an Ocean.....

5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghy View Post
    During my pre-teen years, almost all the brahmin boys were two years or older or 4 years or more younger. There were only a handful of them anyway. They didn't want to have anything with me until I was 15..

I used to go with all the non-brahimn kids... I was a wild card in the village. In our village, the irrigation wells were huge... sometimes 10 X 10 meters in size. I used to go up to 3 kms from the village to find a suitable well to swim.. after swimming, I used to eat something nice... usually I would help myself from the nearest field... 'just unearthed' peanuts... 'just broken away' sugarcane.. 'just plucked' raw mango... there was something else too... prickly pear cactus fruit... Prickly pear is a delicious fruit - provided you carefully removed all the thorns from the fruit... I was part of the nature....

But I was nowhere near an Ocean.....

Raghy,
    Your childhood experiences are remarkably similar to mine. Going and jumping and diving into the irrigation wells for bath, eating the cactus fruit and enjoying the sour-sweet intense taste of it (chappaaththikkalli fruits are indeed tasty in a unique way). I have enjoyed these and many others in my village as a school going boy.
    Are you from Tirunelveli district?
    Last edited by Vaagmi; 25-12-2017 at 05:35 PM.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sri. Vaagmi,

It seems, you also belong to my tribe... Lower Middle Class / less than the lower middle class..

I hailed from a village near Vellore, ( Used to be Noth Arcot District)..

My life was interesting.... as of now.... even I enjoy the way my life twisted and turned....

I always tried to find something nice and cheerful in my life.... I am sure, you did too....

Last edited by Raghy; 25-12-2017 at 06:35 PM.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Opened
    Contact - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you Praveen.

Now to the post.

I think, I should not have walked away.

13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    It was 2006 late January.... I was living in a village about 50 Kms north of Toronto in Ontario, Canada...

I got up at about 5:30 PM after the night shift..No shift to night or the next night .... I looked out at the window from the first floor... It was grey; it was snowing....

I went downstairs.... turned on the hot water and checked the weather channel... more snow predicted... it was - 18 Degrees C outside...

I made the coffee... I was in singlet.. went out anyway for a smoke...

After the smoke, went out to check my car.. It was under a small mount of snow.... I decided, it would be silly to drive all the way to Scarborough for a South Indian Dinner...

Checked the pantry and the fridge.. had enough goodies to make some egg fried rice.. and half a bottle of JD....

Decided not to go out... had a shower.. started to make egg fried rice....

House owner's son showed up at 7:00 PM. "Ramon, aren' you going out? Thought it's your night off!... I said to him I was not going out and asked to play a song... He was a DJ... He knew songs...

He smiled... " I will play you some music, Ramon!".... He played 1959 music..... I liked it though...

It was " Sing Sing Sing"....

Last edited by Raghy; 08-09-2018 at 07:41 PM.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384