• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Frequency and journey time of buses from Sirkazhi/Mayiladuthurai to Thirukkadaiyur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sirs,

Will any one inform me about the frequency of buses from Sirkazhi or Mayiladuthurai to Thirukkadaiyur and its journey time as I am planning to visit to Thirukkadaiyur leaving Chennai around 7.00 hrs by train and arrive Sirkazhi / Mayiladuthurai around 15.00 hrs and from there by bus to Thirukkadaiyur for a Dharshanam and return on the same night.

Thanks a lot.

C S Muthukrishnan

Dear Sirs,

Will any one inform me about the frequency of buses from Sirkazhi or Mayiladuthurai to Thirukkadaiyur and its journey time as I am planning to visit to Thirukkadaiyur leaving Chennai around 7.00 hrs by train and arrive Sirkazhi / Mayiladuthurai around 15.00 hrs and from there by bus to Thirukkadaiyur for a Dharshanam and return on the same night.

Thanks a lot.

C S Muthukrishnan
the travel in bus to thirukkaidaiyur is half an hour, bus frequency every half an hour if not earlier. You can drop in at mayiladuthrai and return same evening to mayiladuthurai to catch train back. taxiying locally is still another better choice.

Dear Sir Mr. Muthu Krishnan,

Pranam. You can leave from Mayiladuthurai to Thirukkadaiyur. The bus frequency to Thirukkadaiyur is every 25 mins. Buses will be crowded and not advisable even though frequency is every half an hour. You can book a cab and also go to Kaverippompattinam Thalaichangadu - Thalaichangu Naan Madhiyam Divyadesam Perumal Temple which is 3kms from Akkur. The temple is open till 14:30hrs and from there go to Thirukadaiyur. Thirukkadaiyur is the place where the 60th marriage anniversaries take place. The Thalaichangadu Temple is located in a interior village near Akkur - If you plan to go by a cab you can visit this Divyadesam Perumal temple also. Hope this information helps.

Yours,

B. Jagannath
Advocate - Madras High Court,
West Mambalam,
Chennai - 33

My view is different from others.As you are from Chennai,you catch a Bus to Karaikkal. Thirukkadayur is on the Karaikkal - Chennai Route. You can get down directly in Thirukadayur.

After completing Thirukadayur you can move to Sirkazi which is on Mayiladuthurai - Cuddalore Route. From there you can proceed to Vaitheeswaran Temple which is a Navagraha Temple ( Sevvai).

Then you can proceed to Mayiladuthurai where you can have a Lunch at the famous Kaliyakkudi Hotel. Aftere visiting Mayuranatha Swamy Temple at Mayiladuthurai you can complete your Tour and catch Bus or Train to Chennai.

If you have sufficient time in the morning you can visit Perumal Temple,as suggested by the advocate also...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back