• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

iPhone controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BostonSankara

Dear Members,

Knowing that the membership of the board is so widely distributed across the globe I can't think of a better forum to discuss this in. As many of you know Apple Inc. an American computer company with a shining imagine created a phone that changed the world in a way, the iPhone. I do not own one personally as they are very pricey but I would love to one day. Apple has always presented itself as a company that follows a moral high road. Many applications deemed to contain questionable content have been denied a place on the iPhone for instance. So you can all imagine what a shock it was when the Foxconn scandal broke out. Essentially the factory where the phones are made is a complete NIGHTMARE! A place where 17 worker suicides have taken place! The hit on Apple has been huge and their Public Relations departments are reeling in the aftermath.

Here is just one of many articles on the subject for those interested:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/b...osts-for-workers-in-china.html?pagewanted=all

-
Sankara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back