Tamil Brahmins
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Alternatively, consider donating to keep the site up. Donations are accepted via PayPal & via NEFT. Details on how to donate can be found at here
    ksksat27 Guest

Auto drivers laugh and make fun of brahmins in TN

0 Not allowed!
    Hi All,

I am in Bangalore but whenever I go to TN I can see that the Auto drivers or Internet server boys or STD booth boys or Milk wala or paper wala etc etc have a sarcastic behaviour with Brahmins.

I hate this very much.

It is only for the sin that they suppress us in Education and Job they are suffering from Tsunami and other floods.

Let more and more calamity fall upon TN and destroy non brahmins until they realize theri ghostic torture they are doing.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Come on man! you should be more civilized than this!. You are talking like Kannagi who burnt madurai, because she got pissed off!. If auto drivers are kidding brahmins, just ignore and go, what would happen if they kid you! do you believe that you can be kidded!.. If someone kids you and act like this it sounds more like an acknowledgement of that behaviour!...

ksksat said>>It is only for the sin that they suppress us in Education and Job they are suffering from Tsunami and other floods.

Let more and more calamity fall upon TN and destroy non brahmins until they realize theri ghostic torture they are doing.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    as Srkpriv said,

just ignore them.

if u engage in an argument with them, then they will ridicule more.

A dog bark will not affect the Sun.
    Contact - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Hi all,

While I do agree that it should be ignored at the individual level I also believe that this should be registered as a human rights problem and brought to the attention of the courts. If Indian courts turn the other way then we should go to international agencies who fight for human rights. Anybody know anybody at Amnesty International?

The worst sin is to keep quiet. This kind of helplessness does not augur well for the community and for the society as a whole. We each are born to live up to our full potential and every democratic society should provide an opportunity for that.

The beginning for this should be the treatment of all human beings with dignity.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    hai all!
    auto drivers nowadayz think too smart of themselves.we surely cant tkeep quiet as tday it has happened to our friend and tmw it mighthappen to us as well!
    it is better to stop using autos instead?????
    actually i had been to chennai 2 dayz back and had a very biter experience with him as well.he said he was also a brahmin and that we should understand him and pay him his fee.i found that so ridiculous as money can be given for wahtever didtance we travel but he conversation was so hot and finally he had to give up when i told him that he doesnt have the dignity or pride an brahmin holds he juz shut his mouth and made his way.i cldnt believe that auto drivers can change their religion to earn!very ridiculous, and was confused for soometime!is it that they r trying to tease brahmins or what is this???
    this happens opnly in tamil nadu and i dont undestand y?
    thnk u
    this is issue cant be solved by goint o court etc.,as no one will hear us.only way is we use thee autos a less thats it.
    thank u
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Auto drivers laugh

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Pal,

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going -

Dont get disheartened by these barking dogs- It is all coming out of their ignorance and inferiority complex...

I am used to this from my child hood days- Even my teachers used to make sarcastic remarks for being a brahmin and that too brilliant among others-

Please for God's sake dont pick up a one-to-one fight - It will only spoil your mood..

All the people in TN are not like that- Only a few are like that - Most will agree with logic at individual level...

Let the caravan proceed ignoring a few barking dogs..

Cheerio!

Shankar
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Good to see different kinds of attitudes towards this problem. Personally speaking I have never kept quiet if ever anybody made fun of me such as auto drivers. I've made it a point to ask a few pointed sharp questions that usually shut them up. Of course I have not been successful every time but I have seen to it that that kind of behavior is not welcome, that they'd think twice before making such remarks. Of course this is one person's way of dealing with a situation. I don't mean to generalize this for everybody. Please do what you think is right and what you feel comfortable with. I only meant to share my experience.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    When I was in school, my classmates of 'mukkulathor' community used to mock at us
    saying, 'Aalum Velum Pallukkurudhi; Iyer Sindu Kaikkurudhi' and so on.
    That there was no brahmin student in our class with 'tuft' (kudumi) was a different matter. Yet, that did not deter them from carrying on with their derisive language and hate behaviour.

They were after all small children and this venom must have been fed into them, by their parents only. Realising this, we used to ignore them. Now, after becoming adults and taking up employment and occupying responsible positions, the same persons repent for what they did in their childhood days and in fact, have become good friends of us and
    respect us even today, for the forbearance shown by us then.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    pann,

thank you for your story. personally, i grew up in a mixed, but predominantly christian neighbourhood and did not experience any such teasing.

however, i live in the west. when my children were born, and well aware of what teasing they could encounter, i deliberately, did not advise against taking offensive postures.

with caution, but offensive. it is the way we carry ourselves. is our language. our overall carriage, should it prove that there will be an attack, verbal or otherwise, should be a deterrent to such behaviour.

we should never take any insults lying down.

fortunately, my children have grown up, and fortunately, they had only good experience in their schools and with their neighbourhood friends. any issues they had with their peers were based on behaviour outside of ethnic stereotypes, and on those occassions, they have stood up on their two feet. i am proud of that.

personally, i think, we should encourage that very important self sustaining aggression as a deterrent tool and which we take great pains to suppress it, especially our boys.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Right.We need to respond .We cannot take everything to court.But if we can get a video and try to telecast it.Put it in youtube.Send to some channels if possible.Let us make a point Brahmins face attacks in this country aimed at their castes.Minimum we need to respond verbally.

BTW there are very few good auto drivers esp in Chennai.We need to find alternatives.But that is separate issue.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.