• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

tamilfonts fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could explain what in Azakibut was not useful, it will help me understand your position better?
Have you tried Tamil Fonts ?
Nowadays, with transliteration available, no one bothers to type these characters in their native language.
Just type your thoughts in english, transliterate in the language your original thoughts were and you get the stuff
that you can just cut n paste.
Most of us pretty much are used to this.

I think Sundar talks about Azhagi font. Google mail page is good enough to type out Tamil but to copy paste in MS word, one

needs Tamil Font in the computer hard disk. I do not have it in my PC and hence I send the g-mails to my sister and she gets the

print outs for me. She has 'Latha' font in her PC disk which was uploaded by a hardware engineer. Sundar can get the help of a

hardware engineer to sort out the problem.

I think Sundar talks about Azhagi font. Google mail page is good enough to type out Tamil but to copy paste in MS word, one

needs Tamil Font in the computer hard disk. I do not have it in my PC and hence I send the g-mails to my sister and she gets the

print outs for me. She has 'Latha' font in her PC disk which was uploaded by a hardware engineer. Sundar can get the help of a

hardware engineer to sort out the problem.

Just save this to your hard disk, rename it as latha.ttf, double click, and verify it delights you.

Attachments

• latha.doc
    71.6 KB · Views: 106
Latha is unicode tamil font supplied by miscrosoft and is installed when os is loaded. The font also can be downloaded free and installed separately.

If a tamil keyboard is necessary, Sri haridas siva had given a link some time back for loading a virtual keyboard. If large amount of data/ text entry in tamil is the requirement, then a physical keyboard with language overlay will be needed.

Windows xp comes with latha font. If you have xp, latha can be brought into use, by these steps. go to control panel- regional and language options- languages - tick "enable complex scripts including right to left fonts".
then go to 'details' in the same menu. add languages. select tamil.
you will find a langauge bar on your desktop with the letters EN. if you click this you will find english and tamil in this. click tamil.
over.

Now what you type will appear in tamil fonts. to know which key stands for which tamil letter, you can use on screen keyboard available in your accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back