• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

60 second interview with sri sathya sai baba

Status
Not open for further replies.
sathya sai.jpg

Q: Babaji, Namasthe. What is the purpose of Krishna Avatar (incarnation)?

Sri Krishna was born as the eighth child of Devaki. This is significant, for Samadhi is the eighth stage of spiritual effort, coming after Yama, Niyama, Asana, and Pranayama. Pratyahara, Dharana and Dhyana. These are grouped as Ashtanga Yoga, the Eight­fold Discipline. The Lord can be visualised only after the seven steps are successfully negotiated and the mind purified in the process. Samadhi means, sama (equal) dhi (intelligence) that is say, intelligence, grasp­ing the equality (fundamental) of every be­ing. Not only will all idea of difference and distinction disappear, but, even the idea of duality—heat and cold, grief and joy, good and bad—disappears. And, when man reaches that state, the Lord is born, auto­matically in his consciousness.

Q: Baba,Where is God?

A: GOD is neither distant, nor distinct from you. God is in you, around you, behind you, above you, beside you.

Q: What should I do every day to remain good?
Start the Day with Love;
Spend the Day with Love;
Fill the Day with Love;
End the Day with Love;
This is the way to God.

Q: Thanks, Baba. I will start observing it from an auspicious day.
Yesterday has deceived you and gone; Tomorrow is a doubtful visitor. Today is a fast friend — hold fast to it.

Q: At any one time a violent agitation or a war is happening in at least one part of the world. How can we establish peace?
If there is righteousness in the heart, there will be beauty in character;
If there is beauty in character, there will be harmony in the home;
When there is harmony in the house, there will be order in the nation;
When there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the World.

Q: Baba, even followers of religions fight among themselves. Cant you stop it?
There is only one religion, the religion of Love;
There is only one language, the language of the Heart;
There is only one caste, the caste of Humanity;
There is only one law, the law of Karma;
There is only one God, He is Omnipresent.

Q: Babaji, I have vowed to shave my head if I pass in the exam.
MANY believe that a pilgrimage to holy places is conductive to spiritual progress. They journey to Tirupathi, Rameswaram, Badrinath or Amarnath and pray for the removal of their mundane troubles. They vow to remove their hair if, through Divine intervention, they win a prize in the State Lotteries, as if God is in need of hair. This trick of bargaining is only cheating oneself in an attempt to cheat God. Do not pray to God for wealth or fame, positions of power or for the fruits of your actions. The genuine seeker will pray for nothing else but God.

Q:Babaj, I fear losing in the competition.
A: Every experience is a lesson, every loss is a gain.
Q: Is it true that human birth is better than others?
Each one of you has struggled upward from the stone to a plant,
From the plant to an animal,
From the animal to a man.
Do not slide into an animal.
Rise higher to divinity
Shining with the new effulgence of love.

Q: Swamiji Sometimes I feel bored. I don’t know how to explain my dull feelings
A: Life is Love, enjoy it;
Life is Challenge, meet it;
Life is a Song, sing it;
Life is a Dream, realize it;
Life is a Game, play it;
Life is a Goal, achieve it.
Q: Babaji,What is your message to our youths?
Bharat has always produced excellent people in abundance-intelligent, courageous, valorous, devoted, strong and virtuous. Yet we were conquered by foreigners. Why? Only because there was no unity. For this reason Bharat had to endure slavery and untold injustice at the hands of invaders. Students must cultivate unity. The reputation and future prosperity of the nation are hinged on the behaviour of students. Ensure that your conduct is prper. All the future leaders are among today’s students. “Start early, drive slowly and reach safely”. Imprint the nation’s welfare as the primary goal in your heart, starting in your student days

Baba, we have got only sixty seconds. You have to be a quick.
Haste makes waste;
Waste makes worry;
So do not be in a hurry.

Q. Baba, It may sound a bit embarrassing. About your miracles?
My miracles are my visiting cards to attract the devotees.

Q: Last question Baba. Who am I?
A:You are not one person, but three:
The one you think you are;
The one others think you are;
The one you really are.
(Imaginary Questions are mine; Answers are from Baba’s speeches)

Q: Babaji, Namasthe. What is the purpose of Krishna Avatar (incarnation)?

Sri Krishna was born as the eighth child of Devaki. This is significant, for Samadhi is the eighth stage of spiritual effort, coming after Yama, Niyama, Asana, and Pranayama. Pratyahara, Dharana and Dhyana. These are grouped as Ashtanga Yoga, the Eight­fold Discipline. The Lord can be visualised only after the seven steps are successfully negotiated and the mind purified in the process. Samadhi means, sama (equal) dhi (intelligence) that is say, intelligence, grasp­ing the equality (fundamental) of every be­ing. Not only will all idea of difference and distinction disappear, but, even the idea of duality—heat and cold, grief and joy, good and bad—disappears. And, when man reaches that state, the Lord is born, auto­matically in his consciousness.

Q: Baba,Where is God?

A: GOD is neither distant, nor distinct from you. God is in you, around you, behind you, above you, beside you.

Q: What should I do every day to remain good?
Start the Day with Love;
Spend the Day with Love;
Fill the Day with Love;
End the Day with Love;
This is the way to God.

Q: Thanks, Baba. I will start observing it from an auspicious day.
Yesterday has deceived you and gone; Tomorrow is a doubtful visitor. Today is a fast friend — hold fast to it.

Q: At any one time a violent agitation or a war is happening in at least one part of the world. How can we establish peace?
If there is righteousness in the heart, there will be beauty in character;
If there is beauty in character, there will be harmony in the home;
When there is harmony in the house, there will be order in the nation;
When there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the World.

Q: Baba, even followers of religions fight among themselves. Cant you stop it?
There is only one religion, the religion of Love;
There is only one language, the language of the Heart;
There is only one caste, the caste of Humanity;
There is only one law, the law of Karma;
There is only one God, He is Omnipresent.

Q: Babaji, I have vowed to shave my head if I pass in the exam.
MANY believe that a pilgrimage to holy places is conductive to spiritual progress. They journey to Tirupathi, Rameswaram, Badrinath or Amarnath and pray for the removal of their mundane troubles. They vow to remove their hair if, through Divine intervention, they win a prize in the State Lotteries, as if God is in need of hair. This trick of bargaining is only cheating oneself in an attempt to cheat God. Do not pray to God for wealth or fame, positions of power or for the fruits of your actions. The genuine seeker will pray for nothing else but God.

Q:Babaj, I fear losing in the competition.
A: Every experience is a lesson, every loss is a gain.
Q: Is it true that human birth is better than others?
Each one of you has struggled upward from the stone to a plant,
From the plant to an animal,
From the animal to a man.
Do not slide into an animal.
Rise higher to divinity
Shining with the new effulgence of love.

Q: Swamiji Sometimes I feel bored. I don’t know how to explain my dull feelings
A: Life is Love, enjoy it;
Life is Challenge, meet it;
Life is a Song, sing it;
Life is a Dream, realize it;
Life is a Game, play it;
Life is a Goal, achieve it.
Q: Babaji,What is your message to our youths?
Bharat has always produced excellent people in abundance-intelligent, courageous, valorous, devoted, strong and virtuous. Yet we were conquered by foreigners. Why? Only because there was no unity. For this reason Bharat had to endure slavery and untold injustice at the hands of invaders. Students must cultivate unity. The reputation and future prosperity of the nation are hinged on the behaviour of students. Ensure that your conduct is prper. All the future leaders are among today’s students. “Start early, drive slowly and reach safely”. Imprint the nation’s welfare as the primary goal in your heart, starting in your student days

Baba, we have got only sixty seconds. You have to be a quick.
Haste makes waste;
Waste makes worry;
So do not be in a hurry.

Q. Baba, It may sound a bit embarrassing. About your miracles?
My miracles are my visiting cards to attract the devotees.

Q: Last question Baba. Who am I?
A:You are not one person, but three:
The one you think you are;
The one others think you are;
The one you really are.
(Imaginary Questions are mine; Answers are from Baba’s speeches)

It is a nice presentation. Thanks.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back