• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Women and morality

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have always wondered why there are so few women criminals. In general women seem to hold themselves to a higher moral standard. Most women I have met try to do their jobs to the very best of their ability. They are very disciplined, don't cut corners, don't waste time, don't steal from their employers.

Of course there are always exceptions. But I have been very impressed by women as a martial race, good at giving and taking orders, enforcing rules, controlling chaos. Would it have been better for the human race if women were in charge of everything? Is there something in the extra X chromosome that gives women the advantage (including longer life span)?

So I have always wondered why there are so few women criminals. In general women seem to hold themselves to a higher moral standard. Most women I have met try to do their jobs to the very best of their ability. They are very disciplined, don't cut corners, don't waste time, don't steal from their employers.

Of course there are always exceptions. But I have been very impressed by women as a martial race, good at giving and taking orders, enforcing rules, controlling chaos. Would it have been better for the human race if women were in charge of everything? Is there something in the extra X chromosome that gives women the advantage (including longer life span)?

Yes and No..may be less of hard core criminals but more of smooth criminals.
I have to agree may be they do jobs a bit better at times but not all the time.

I see so many female patients who fake being sick just before and after a holiday and absent from work on the slightest excuse esp when they are pregnant..believe me..reproductive age group when they get pregnant esp non professional woman are not that productive at work.
Some woman when their husband is on leave they will try to fake illness to get a day off cos they dont want to use up their annual leave.

Female teachers most of the time plan their pregnancies so that they do not deliver during school holidays..so that they get to enjoy more holidays.
When there is a replacement day in school most teachers fake illness to avoid an extra day at school and the students have no teacher at school for the day or they combine classes with the next class and get nothing done.

Some teachers do not teach well at school cos they want to reserve their energy for the tuition classes they give at home.

Wow Biswa you feel females dont steal!!! I used to work at a diiferent clinic before I opened my own and the nurse there used to tear up cards and not record the patient cos she was pocketing the money when the cheif doctor was not around.
Just say we charge the patient RM 30..she will charge the patient at the counter RM 50 and pocket the RM 20.
Many of my friends also complain that their nurses have done that.
For me I am very careful cos the money is right in my room so I see whats going on and my room is situated near the dispensary so that I can hear what goes on.

So I wouldnt really think women are much better off to men.
May be woman are scared of going to jail!! thats why the seldom break rules.

You see in Jail you wont get your favorite moisturizer,your fav perfume,lipstick,shampoo..skin will get dry and wrinkled..you wont get your fav fruit juice and food sucks in jail so by the time you come out you will age and become totally out of shape too cos you have to miss your yoga,gym etc.
Out here its all non veg in jails so a veg will hardly get a balanced meal..so if you ask me I wouldnt dare misbehave as to land in jail.

So Biswa dont wish for an extra X chromosome..otherwise you will be XXY and I am sure you wouldnt want to be wearing lipstick etc.!!LOL

Yeah, XXY does not sound pleasant at all. Please don't wish that on me, or even your worst enemies!

And sure, women are vain about looks, makeup, figure etc. More women check out women than men do. Women make more biting/sniping cruel remarks. All that I agree.

However violent crime for sure, less women. Mass murderers like Hitler, Gaddafi, Assad etc all men. Conniving corrupt stealing politicians mostly men.

Of course petty crime sure. I have seen lazy women in banks govt jobs as well. But if men seem 90% corrupt, women are like 50%.

In other evidence, in girls schools, all girls are terrified of their teachers. Women don't seem to tolerate even minor slip-ups. Are women searching for a perfect, utopian world?

Last edited:
Dear Biswa,

You wrote :
Conniving corrupt stealing politicians mostly men.

Hehehehe..you havent really met females in politics yet!!

Anyway behind every Conniving Corrupt stealing Politicians there is always a well decked women( wife/mistress that desires material!!!)
Have you heard of any women filing for divorce cos she didnt want her children to grow up with corrupt money??

BTW not all woman fix the table cloth..you know how I handle that..I dont use a table cloth!! Just plain dining table sans cloth!!!

dear renus,

a very profound and telling post #2.

basically, i believe in gender equality and equal opportunity for both.

for the first time ever, in the history of humankind, western women have achieved close to gender equality - jobs, opportunities but above all MINDSET.

europe is not far behind, but i sense that asia, though coming second, still has some distance to cover, with perhaps singpo in the forefront, and afghan behind (surprisingly pak/bangle are rated ahead of india - do not think of the tambram woman, but of the dalit of U.P./Bihar/southern tamilnadu.

so, minus of the gender differences, i would prefer to think, that men women, be equal in talent - whether be administrators. or crooks.

having said that, in my 30+ years of work experience, all in canada, i have found, my women bosses more talented, fair and appreciative of my jobskills than men. on an average that is. but women have also been more tempermental and unexplicably moody, which i dont find in men, who almost always, are sunny, if dumb and pleasant.

i think, in a generation or two, western women would, with all the opportunities for corruption, would come upto par, with their penis hanging counterparts re not only the volumes of money swindled but also the pervasiveness of fraud.

i only hope, i live long enough to see it :)

God Bless womankind :)

Dear Kunjs,

You wrote :
i think, in a generation or two, western women would, with all the opportunities for corruption, would come upto par, with their penis hanging counterparts re not only the volumes of money swindled but also the pervasiveness of fraud.

Hey why leave the Eastern woman out? They are equally good at fraud and corruption..so many cases on internet fraud and transfer of money done by Eastern woman too and corruption cases lining up in court.

The Eastern woman has one advantage that is they can hide any wrong doing by putting on an innocent act of Eastern values.

There is only one version of "You've been hit by..you've been hit by ..Smooth Criminal!!
It holds good for both the West and the East.

Why put women on a pedestal? Did they ask for it? Men always seem to be doing that subconsiously it seems. Why hold them to higher moral standards.They are not better than men (i'm not sure i actually believe what i'm typing here at all ;)) and they are not worse than men. They are as HUMAN as men. With the same flaws and everything else. They just look different. Full stop.

Last edited:
Would it have been better for the human race if women were in charge of everything? Is there something in the extra X chromosome that gives women the advantage (including longer life span)?

Nope. Unfortunately not possible for women to be in charge. They are like the Indian crabs with each other. You know about the Indian crabs don't you. When one crab attempts to climb out of a container all the other crabs drag it back down! So if women were in charge, other women will be sure to bring them down even before the men get to them!! :(

Nope. Unfortunately not possible for women to be in charge. They are like the Indian crabs with each other. You know about the Indian crabs don't you. When one crab attempts to climb out of a container all the other crabs drag it back down! So if women were in charge, other women will be sure to bring them down even before the men get to them!! :(

I thought that was a madrasi trait (from my experience in this site).

having said that, in my 30+ years of work experience, all in canada, i have found, my women bosses more talented, fair and appreciative of my jobskills than men. on an average that is. but women have also been more tempermental and unexplicably moody, which i dont find in men, who almost always, are sunny, if dumb and pleasant.

Rest of the post censored! :)

God Bless womankind

This might be an interesting exception. Most people (both men and women) complain about women bosses. They seem to be too meddling and detail-oriented as well as emotional and personal. Some say they overcompensate for not being a man.

That said, there is a new movie called The Iron Lady​ about Margaret Thatcher which seems to suggest that the British Tory establishment hated her just for being a woman boss.

Why put women on a pedestal? Did they ask for it? Men always seem to be doing that subconsiously it seems.

Ask for it or not, they do seem to enjoy it. And in the Indian culture it is taken for granted.

Remember the Hindi dialog: "Ghar mein maa behen nahin hai kya?"

I feel sometimes women are highly over rated and put on some high pedestal.
You know it actually sucks cos then we are somewhat forced to "behave" according to what society expects.
That actually puts more pressure on woman..I feel we women also should start placing men on a pedestal and equally pressurize them!!LOL

But some women enjoy that too..some of married woman I know act as if they are personification of the Jaganmata and feel the song Janani Janani Janani Agam nee plays in the background as they walk accompanied by Puspha Varsha from Swarga Lok.

Anyway the best is just to be our true selves and not act what we are not even if it turns out to be less feminine.
I still enjoy climbing over the house gate sometimes if I had left the keys.

Last edited:
I have a question..what is the male equivalent of
सौतन (sautan)/சக்களத்தி(Sakkalithi).

I would like to know both in Hindi and Tamil.

Always had this doubt..since we are looking for gender equality I guess this is a good start to start defining important terminologies.

Always had this doubt..since we are looking for gender equality I guess this is a good start to start defining important terminologies.

Paraya Mard?

We Indians have always trained our women to be wary of the Paraya Mard!

Now if you are looking for the equivalent of polyandry, I have no idea. I thought that was simply not allowed (except for special exceptions).

I think I know why. In the good ol' days there was no DNA testing and it would become hard to establish paternity. And without that, there is no bread-and-butter support. Sad, but that's how it was.

In the current age, I think you can make a good case for polyandry! Case in point, Padma Lakshmi, Elizabeth Hurley!

:D More power to you! You could also use a pole vault, you know! Or use a man's shoulder as a step ladder!

You know there is a technique how to do this..most people make lots of noise when they climb over the gate and jump down and even injure themselves.
The technique I use is climb up like spider man and jump down like a cat..landing has to be silent and land on toes first and walk on toes for a while only then you will minimize impact of jump.

I enjoyed the above posts. Feminist discussions in the academic context if you
start analyzing it in depth, virtue ethics comes up to our mind. It rather relates
to their striving to possess and display certain characteristics that are deemed
in the sense objectively good. Of late, women in uniform are now breaking the
'combat barrier' and fighting in the war front, despite the terrain or environment
hurdles, side by side with male soldiers who are destined to do that.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear Renu

All along these years I thought that 'சக்களத்தி' means the mistress of a man. Oh dear, just now when I rushed to my 'தமிழ் அகராதி' to find the equivalent of that word I found out that the meaning for சக்களத்தி is - relationship among the wives of a man!!!

I did not find the equivalent of that word which I presumed to be 'சக்களத்தன்'! Maybe it is a completely different word, maybe the wellread people in our forum can enlighten us!

Good going Girl!!! :)

With love

Dear Renu

I stand corrected- 'சக்களத்தி' is ofcourse the term used used either between the wives of a man or the word a legitimate wife uses to address either the concubine or mistress!! :)

The word that refers to the concubine or mistress is 'வைப்பாட்டி' meaning ஆசை நாயகி!

P.S. Folks, I have used the words legally published in Lifco 'பேரகராதி' and 'Oxford English Dictionary', so I can't be blamed as using banned words here!

Dear Renu

All along these years I thought that 'சக்களத்தி' means the mistress of a man. Oh dear, just now when I rushed to my 'தமிழ் அகராதி' to find the equivalent of that word I found out that the meaning for சக்களத்தி is - relationship among the wives of a man!!!

I did not find the equivalent of that word which I presumed to be 'சக்களத்தன்'! Maybe it is a completely different word, maybe the wellread people in our forum can enlighten us!

Good going Girl!!! :)

With love

Yes dear Valli,

In fact I know a person who actually got married to another person by a simple Thali tying at a temple in secret.(no one knows about it)
She is someone else's wife to start with and the guy is also a married man.
So he is her 2nd hubby and she is his 2nd wife(they are not planning to divorce their respective 1st spouses)
So I was wondering what will be the terminology to describe this peculiar relationship.

சக்களத்தி & சக்களத்தன்??

Last edited:
Renu, maybe its called 'thiruttu kalyanam'...lol...imagine people wanting to do it but with a 'marriage' of this thiruttu sort...maybe they think this sorta relationship is so pavitram...but come to think of it, maybe the poor dearies cannot divorce for whatever reasons, and so had to resort to this...hmmm cannot judge...

You even i thought சக்களத்தி only meant mistress or keep. Sautan is "co-wife" and its not the same as Paraya Mard at all. Paraya mard are men who are not related by blood to a woman.

I guess there is no word for "co-husband" and polygamy only is way more popular culturally/religion-wise/socially compared to polyandry.

I just saw this saying yesterday somewhere. "Motherhood is fact. Fatherhood is a matter of opinion". I guess its not exactly that way anymore with paternity tests etc.

And to Mr Biswa kindly don't keep repeating Padmalakshmi and Elizabeth Hurley. They don't practise polyandry. They are what you call "serial monogamists"! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back