• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Visit to Shirdi Sai Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

venkat2206

Dear All,

At Shirdi Sri Sai temple, online Darshan Tickets (for Aarthi and normal Darshan) can be booked in advance through internet. The facility is excellent and one can complete Darshan in less than 30 minutes. A/C and Non A/C rooms maintained by temple trust are also available. Rooms are very good. Recommended strongly to all the members of the forum.

Anbudan,

Venkat

Details about visiting Shridi and Mantralayam

Dear All,

I am residing at Chennai and plan to visit both shridi and mantralayam by train and hence please provide the below details as mentioned in the same order.

1) Best time to visit this means i need to know the holy / special days etc.
2) I know there is a direct train to sai nagar and from sai nagar how far is the temple ? what is the best way to reach over there ? how much does it cost ?
3) what is the best places to stay over there ? what will be cost of hotels ?
4) what are the other places we must visit along shridi . i believe there is a place for sani bhagawan too. how to reach over there ? what would be the cost of it ?
5) then how to combine mantralayam along with shridi ? what are the trains coming from shridi ? Kindly explain entire (end to end) itinerary and the respective contact persons , cost etc in detail.

Cheers,
Sowmi

Dear Sowmi,

Shirdi is like Tirpati -any time of the month people visit Shirdi. Better to avoid Saturday / Sunday in view of heavy rush. Not sure whether any direct Trains are available from Chennai.

Pune is closer to Shirdi - ~200 KMs. There are trains from Mumbai. My suggestion:

Day 1 - Chennai to Pune (by train - a train around noon time - you will reach Pune on day 2 morning 9.00AM
Day2 - By road to Shirdi - should reach by 3.00 PM after visiting Sani (place is known as SINGNAPUR) temple enroute.
Day 2 - PL refer my first post - Darshan and accommodation can be booked online. Accommodation in temple devasthanam is very good. Book for Darshan in the evening.
Day 3 - Book for one more Darshan in early morning (Special Aarti is very good) and leave for Nashik. There is a temple - Triambakeshwar - one of the 12 Jyotirlingams. Same day evening you can reach Mumbai (Dadar).

Day 3 - Take train from Dadar (leaving by 8.30 PM) to Mantralayam.

Day 4 - Morning 9.30 AM reaching Mantralayam road -temple is 12 KM from Station. Have a overnight stay. Mutt provides accommodation.
Day 5 - Catch the same train at 9.30 AM and reach Chennai by 8.30 PM

Regards and Best Wishes

Venkat

Hello,

Will you please give more details of visit to SHIRDI. Such as staying, food, etc. The shortest route to go to Shirdi etc. We intend going in April.

Thanks Mr Balasubramanian

Regards

Raju

It is near both to Pune (185 Kms) and Manmad (60 Kms). You can go by train and you
can book it through travel agents. Accommodation is available in Shirdi at an affordable
cost. Shirdi Temple also runs a Prasadalaya, where you can get packed food for lunch
and dinner. In fact, this is the ideal time. Contact through Travel Agent. Just browse
Flights, Cheap Hotels at MakeMyTrip - India's No 1 Travel Site | Guaranteed Low Cost Air Tickets, Bus, Book Holiday Packages & Rail Tours Online. You may get some details about the facilities, etc.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back