• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Appeal for Volunteers in India!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxrajamo

Friends

Our forum is getting more and more popular and requests for sponsorship/help keep pouring in. It is becoming increasingly difficult to vet these requests. We need more volunteers in the field(INDIA) especially in TamilNadu to help us contact the requesters and vet their requests. We would at the least need 2 per location. More in metros like Chennai.

This is an appeal to all forum members to come forward and volunteer to help us help the needy. If you cannot volunteer, please consider requesting a family member or a friend in the community to vounteer.

If you are interested please email me at [email protected] or send me a private message. Be rest assured that your contact details will be kept strictly confidential.

Thanks for all your cooperation in making this forum a success.

Rgds
Ramki

Some thoughts about support

Friends
We all are very much need of three things. No reinvented thoughts are below ):
  • One is financial help to our poorer peoples
  • Another is education (not financial) support to all layers of our community
  • Cultivation of Vadic and other ritual practices, which is making us to operate at 6+ sense, to our younger generation.

First is straight forward. Our members, can help to find out needed peoples in their society and can post their needs.

Second is very important. Which accelerate our presence in intellectual market. By means of Intellectual market, I am referring all non-government national and international employment and businesses. Hope every on agree in this.

Cultivation of vadic & related practices are self explanatory.

Please post your comments towards how can we execute some voluntary activity to serve 2 and 3rd requirements.

Some of my ideas are blow towards 2nd need:
“We can form a service to help students in 6th standard to 12th standard to better understand the science and mathematical concepts, some monthly coaching class in major cities (like madras, Madurai, salem, etc). Our object may be “Make our students to score more marks and score good knowledge). Most students need good communication skills, so we can try to provide weekly or monthly broadcast. We can also think of sending materials through postal service!”

Some of my ideas towards 3rd need:

As most of us not able to attend padasala kind of activities, we plan to send Audio cd or place monthly vedic classes through our forum. Means some arrangement needed by consulting our aachariyas to prepare these materials. Some direct classes to understand and properly do every day rituals like santhya vandanam, tiruvadaranam and other likes.

Thanks
Sriraman V

It is a good idea. This can be done people who are around that place. Forum can assit them in getting some infrastrucutre for the same.

sirs- most of the bramin priests are living in poverty as their salary is very meagre. they do need lot of economic help and we should think about that. even when we go to temples, instead of contributing to temple hundial, we should contribute our mite to the priests. because the offerings we put in hundial goes to the karunanidhi and his cohorts. so it is a sin as it indirectly breeds anti braminism. but the money contributed to priests helps their families, which is a noble act.

similarly, helping veda patasalas is also a very noble cause.

suresh,

Nothing offensive, I am aware of it. In fact, i tell mypeople you buy material for the temple, it is the trader and the government who benefit. waht you give in person goes to them as a practice all of us must start this.

But the problme with our society is that organization like kanchi madam has got crores but they donot have the tendency to help the needy poor brahmin what can we do. they get donation but not us. I generally believe that i can spend couple of thousand on nobel cause but there is a limitation and this tendency has to increase not only to pity but to contribute.

See our forum but for few donors you donot see any body else and i wil appreciate their limitations.

I can volunteer myself at chennai for the activities/coordination. you can call me at my cell 0944389078 at any time

Can the members explore the concept of micro financing where we assist enterprenuers in our community. It is preferable we fund a guy who could learn fishing to mend for himself and contribute. So along with member who seek funds for needy we must encourage these entrepreneurs to reach us for assistance.

Some thoughts about support - followup

Thanks for all your comment. Towards providing rich knowledge support, which is towards 2nd thought in previous mail (education (not financial) support to all layers of our community).
I would like to get all yours openion and improvement input to execute education support to our community. Before to put the details, some words about the object of this program are below:

Initial version may be: "Just to help 10th standar and 11 & 12th standard students to understand and attain a good level of preparation to score more grade in exams"

Long term vision can be: "consistant support to education and related practics to brahmin students from 3 or 4 th age onwards"

All need a good volunteers & promotive ideas to execute above 2. I am interesting to hear all your inputs not only for above 2 thoughts, but other thoughts are also welcome.

One thing i realize is "If we are absent in community of pratice then we will loos all our strengths (i believe our only strength are intellectual & good life style".

I am okey to find syllabus for 10/11/12 classes and need volunteers to prepare good material using wikipedia.

Above all are open thoughts, please put your valuable inputs further..

Thanks
Sriraman V

Friends

Our forum is getting more and more popular and requests for sponsorship/help keep pouring in. It is becoming increasingly difficult to vet these requests. We need more volunteers in the field(INDIA) especially in TamilNadu to help us contact the requesters and vet their requests. We would at the least need 2 per location. More in metros like Chennai.

This is an appeal to all forum members to come forward and volunteer to help us help the needy. If you cannot volunteer, please consider requesting a family member or a friend in the community to vounteer.

If you are interested please email me at [email protected] or send me a private message. Be rest assured that your contact details will be kept strictly confidential.

Rgds
Ramki

Ramki,
We need to plan activities and then execute them. I submitted some of my ideas in the fourm. Please put your version of what activity we can do. Once we get a good shape activity execution plan, definitly we can involve with.

Thanks
Sriraman V

Dear members,
I am an astrologer and I am running a Jathaka parivarthanai office at Chennai in Tamil nadu and through this I would like to do service to those who wants get married. About 4000 horoscopes and particulars are availabe with me. I hope this is one way of service to our community by helping young boy to settle in their life and live happily. If any one need my service can contact me at [email protected]

Acknowlegement

Dear Sir,
Congratulations for your mighty attempt. What best I can do I will do for this attempt.
Keep inform me now and then.
with regards,
N.S.VASAN

sir, i am in kumbakonam, i can cover nagapattinam, tanjore, thirivarur dt.s,

Friends please add email

Hi
We need to start act on all our vision. I request our moderator/administrator to have a facility to add email ids. Basically it helps to consolidate the email ids of those interesting to start volunteering. It is difficult to collect email ids from reply.

Thanks
Sriraman V

Friends

Rgds
Ramki
dear sr member anbesivam
pls get in touch with me fr yr needs
i wilkl try to do the needful
S.Lakshminarayanan
[email protected]
91 988 412 6417

Hi all,
Namaskarams, I can help in educational/vedic studies. i am basically ph.d
in hindu philosophy with vedic back ground. Presently i am in USA and
helping any body for poor brahmin students.contact drsvmurali@ hotmail.com

Regards
tbs

namaskarams! I am a retired official of govt undertaking . I am 68 years old. I can render help for learing poor bramin children for english and maths. contact timimgs can be arraged by phone contac. my phone number is 22391619.
with regards

saraswathy

helping students

Friends

We all are very much need of three things. No reinvented thoughts are below ):
  • One is financial help to our poorer peoples
  • Another is education (not financial) support to all layers of our community
  • Cultivation of Vadic and other ritual practices, which is making us to operate at 6+ sense, to our younger generation.
First is straight forward. Our members, can help to find out needed peoples in their society and can post their needs.

Second is very important. Which accelerate our presence in intellectual market. By means of Intellectual market, I am referring all non-government national and international employment and businesses. Hope every on agree in this.

Cultivation of vadic & related practices are self explanatory.

Please post your comments towards how can we execute some voluntary activity to serve 2 and 3rd requirements.

Some of my ideas are blow towards 2nd need:
“We can form a service to help students in 6th standard to 12th standard to better understand the science and mathematical concepts, some monthly coaching class in major cities (like madras, Madurai, salem, etc). Our object may be “Make our students to score more marks and score good knowledge). Most students need good communication skills, so we can try to provide weekly or monthly broadcast. We can also think of sending materials through postal service!”

Some of my ideas towards 3rd need:

As most of us not able to attend padasala kind of activities, we plan to send Audio cd or place monthly vedic classes through our forum. Means some arrangement needed by consulting our aachariyas to prepare these materials. Some direct classes to understand and properly do every day rituals like santhya vandanam, tiruvadaranam and other likes.

Thanks
Sriraman V
i am interested in helping students in their english ,maths ,computer subjects upto 10th std.

saraswathy

Appeal for Volunteers in India

I am based in Chennai and willing to work for the Trust. If we have few more like minded people in Chennai we can have a discussion and move forward. It would be really great if you can mail me back to [email protected] if you are interested.

Also i am a member of R.E.A.C.H, an NGO, currently spearheading in identifying, documenting,
conserving and renovating the historical temples in Tamil nadu. We
have so far collected details about 150 such dilipated temples in
our database. Apart from that, we have visited some 15 such
temples, and have extensively documented them in our blog at
templesrevival. blogspot. com. We have also started a dedicated
website for publishing information about ancient heritage, and
related ones.

If you are interested in joining the team please mail me back

Please Visit http://templesrevival.blogspot.com and
http://reachhistory.blogspot.com for the latest updates on our
activity.
Also Visit http://www.ConserveHeitage.org. This site was inaugurated
by his Excellency Governor of Tamil Nadu.
Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/temple_cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back