• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Library / நூலகம் - அனாமிகா

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamika

Library / நூலகம் - அனாமிகா

Dear Friends,

In this section I wish to share with you my favourite articles - poems, stories, etc. written by various authors in Tamil and English. I am planning to quote my favoutire lines and in case it's a story, to give a short synopsis of the story . Hope you will like it.

என் நெஞ்சில் நிலைத்த கவிதைகளில் இதுவும் ஒன்று.

இது இலக்குமி குமாரன் எழுதிய "....என்பதாய் இருக்கிறது" என்ற தொகுப்பில் இடம்பெற்றது.

மிக யதார்த்தமான பார்வை, எளிமையான சொற்கள், சிந்த்னையைத் தூண்டும் கடைசி வரிகள் - தன்னம்பிக்கை தரும் கருத்து!! - இதனால் இந்தக் கவிதை எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடிக்கும்.

சுமை

யாருக்கு இல்லை
புல்லின் நுனிக்குப் பனித்துளி
நத்தைக்கு அது அடங்கும் ஓடு
செடிக்கு
அதனி கீழிழுக்கும் பழம்
பிச்சைக்காரப் பெண்மணிக்குக்
கழுத்தில் தொங்கும் தூளி
பள்ளிச் சிறுவனுக்கு
பயன்படாத சிந்தனைகளடங்கிய
புத்தகப் பொதி
மலேசிய மாமாவுக்கு
மூச்சு திணற வைக்கும் தொந்தி
வேலை கிடைக்காத அக்காவுக்கு
மீதமிருக்கும் நாட்கள்
உன்னிப்பாகப் பார்த்தால்
உயிர் கூடத் தான்.

நாவல் : அப்பம், வடை, தயிர்சாதம்
ஆசிரியர் : திரு. பாலகுமாரன் அவர்கள்

கிட்டத்தட்ட ஒரு 100 ஆண்டுகளில் நம் பிராமண சமூகம் கண்டுள்ள மாற்றங்கள், அதன் அடிப்படைக் காரணங்கள் - இவற்றை ஒரு அழகான ஒரு குடும்பக் கதையோடு கொடுத்துள்ள நல்ல நாவல் இது. சுதந்திரத்துக்கு முன்பிருந்த ஒரு வைதீக குடும்பம் வைதீகத்தை விடுத்து வேறு ஒரு துறைக்கு செல்ல நேருவது, அப்படியே படிப்படியாய் வேறு சில துறைகளிலும் பிராமணர்கள் செல்லுவது, அதனால் அவர்கள் வாழ்வில், கலாச்சாரத்தில் ஏற்படும் மாற்றங்கள் - இதனோடு கூடவே சுதந்திரப் போராட்டம் பற்றிய இழை - அனைத்தையும் சொல்லுகிறது.
இன்றும், எந்தத் துறையிலும் பிராமணன் ஜெயிப்பதற்கான காரணம், அவன் ஆன்ம பலம், காயத்ரி மந்திரம் அவனுக்குத் தரும் ஏகாக்கிரகம் (concentration) என்று காயத்ரி மந்திரம், தியானம் குறித்த பெருமையும் விரிவாக விளக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

நாவல் : துளசிமாடம்
ஆசிரியர் : திரு. நா. பார்த்தசாரதி அவர்கள்

1978 -79 ல் வெளிவந்த நாவல் இது, chennailibrary.com இணையதளம் மூலம் எனக்கு இதைப் படிக்கும் நல்ல வாய்ப்பு கிடைத்தது.

ஒரு சிறிய கிராமத்தின் முக்கியமான ஒரு அந்தணக் குடும்பத்தின் பிள்ளை வெளிநாட்டுப் பெண்ணை மணம் செய்து கொள்கிறான். இதன் பின்னால் ஏற்படக் கூடிய சிக்கல்கள், உண்மையான ஞானம் என்பது என்ன, நம் வழக்கங்களும், ஆசார அடையாளங்களும் எல்லாருக்கும் பூரண ஞானத்தைத் தந்து விடுகிறதா அல்லது அவை சிலரைப் பொறுத்த வரை வெறும் அடையாளச் சின்னங்களாகவே நின்று விடுகிறதா - இந்தக் கேள்விகள் எல்லாம் பல்வேறு கதாபாத்திரங்கள் மூலம் விரிவாக அலசப்பட்டு, தெளிவான விளக்கங்கள் அளிக்கப்பட்டு உள்ளன.

ஆசிரியரின் வார்த்தைகளில்,

"பூரண ஞானிகளும் விருப்பு வெறுப்பற்ற அறிவாளிகளும் உலகெங்குமுள்ள மனிதர்களை இனம், நிறம், மொழி, வேறுபாடுகளைக் கருதாமல் சமதிருஷ்டியோடு பார்க்கிறார்கள். சமதிருஷ்டியும், சஹ்ருதயமும், பக்குவத்தாலும் பண்பாட்டுக் கனிவு, முதிர்ச்சி ஆகியவற்றாலுமே வருவன. அவை எல்லாருக்கும் எல்லா இடத்திலும் வந்து விடுபவை அல்ல.

சர்மாவுக்கும், இறைமுடிமணிக்கும், அறிவாலும் சமதிருஷ்டியாலும் கிடைக்கும் கனிவு, சீமாவையருக்கும் பிறருக்கும் எதனாலும் எப்போதும் கிடைக்கவில்லை என்பதைத்தான் கதை நமக்குச் சொல்லுகிறது. மகாகவி பாரதி கூறுவதைப் போல்,

"நோக்கும் இடம் எங்கும்
நாமன்றி வேறில்லை
நோக்க நோக்கக் களியாட்டம்"
என்கிற 'சமதரிசனம்' தான் அறிவின் முடிவான பயன்."

Novel : The Inimitable Jeeves
Author : P.G. Wodehouse

P.G. Wodehouse is one of my favourite authors in English, his humour and clear characterization of characters is so lovely.

The series of books with Bertram Wooster, the master and his servant, the 'intelligent' Jeeves - are based on the English society of the 19th century, their traditions and habits, the most important among them is that a gentleman ought not to refuse a girl's proposal to marriage with him. Bertram who never ever wants to get married, gets caught into many hilarious situations and almost in all the series Jeeves comes to his rescue. (there is always a subtle confusion as to who the real master is).

In this book, Bertie's friend Bingo falls in love with so many ladies from a waitress at the tea shop to the Amazonian Honoria ( whom Aunt Agatha has earmarked for Bertie). How Jeeves helps his Bertie and Bingo is the story. I like these series very much as there is no crooked villain or evil-plotting characters but the story itself presents with so hilarious situations and traps and is a delight to read.

நாவல் : பார்த்திபன் கனவு
ஆசிரியர் : திரு. கல்கி அவர்கள்

பலரும் கல்கியின் இந்த நாவலை படித்திருப்பீர்கள்; இருந்தாலும், இது வரை படிக்காதவர்களுக்காகவே இந்த சிற்றுரை..

நம்மில் பலருக்கும் பிரிட்டன், பிரான்ஸ் போன்ற பல தேச வரலாறுகள் தெரியும்; ஆனால், நம் தமிழ்நாட்டின் வரலாறு என்றால், கொஞ்சம் அலட்சியம் தான்; வரலாறு வகுப்பு என்றாலே ஓட்டம் எடுப்பவரைக் கூட இழுத்துப் பிடித்து அழகாக பாடம் நடத்துபவர் ஆசிரியர் 'கல்கி' அவர்கள். சரித்திரக் கதைகளை விறுவிறுப்பாகவும், சுவை குறையாமலும், கிட்டத்தட்ட ஒரு 'டிடெக்டிவ்' நாவல் போல அவர் கையாளும் அழகுக்காகவே எல்லாரும் ஒரு முறை கண்டிப்பாக அவர் நாவல்களை வாசிக்கலாம்.

இந்த நாவலில் பார்த்திபன் கனவு என்று தலைப்பில் இருந்தாலும், முக்கியக் கதாபாத்திரங்கள் - பார்த்திப சோழனின் மகன் விக்கிரமன், நரசிம்ம பல்லவ சக்ரவர்த்தி, அவர் மகள் குந்தவி ஆகியோர். அந்தக் கால தமிழகம் எப்படி இருந்தது, அரசாட்சி, மக்கள் வாழ்க்கை முறை, போக்குவரத்து முறை - இதெல்லாம் படிக்கும்போது வியப்பாக இருக்கும்.

அழகழகான இயற்கை வர்ணனைகள், பாத்திரங்களின் இயல்பை வர்ணிப்பது, அவர்களின் உணர்ச்சிகளை நுட்பத்துடன் விளக்குவது - இவை எல்லாமே உணரலாம்.

நரசிம்ம பல்லவ சக்ரவர்த்தியால் நாடு கடத்தப்பட்ட சோழன் விக்கிரமனை பல்லவன் மகளான குந்தவி அவன் யாரென்று தெரியாமலேயே காதல் கொள்ளுகிறாள். விக்கிரமனும் அவள் தன் குலப் பகைவன் நரசிம்ம பல்லவன் மகள் என்று தெரியாமல் விரும்புகிறான். விக்கிரமன் மீண்டும் தன் தாய்நாட்டுக்கு வந்தானா, தன் தந்தை பார்த்திபன் விரும்பியபடி சுதந்திர நாட்டை அரசாட்சி செய்தானா, குந்தவி - பார்த்திபன் காதல் நிறைவேறியதா - இந்தக் கேள்விகள் உங்கள் மனத்தில் எழுந்தால், நாவலைப் படித்து விடை தெரிந்து கொள்ளலாம்.

Title : The Mystery of the Burnt Cottage
Author: Enid Blyton

Actually this is the first of Enid Blyton's thrilling Mystery books. My husband suggested this for my son in grade V. Though this is supposed to be for children, I found it really interesting and we have now completed around half the series. This series has 15 books.

This story is about the five find-outers, a group of five children, aged between eight and fourteen ( love to be detectives) who solve the mystery of a burnt cottage.

They form their team ' Find-outers and the dog' in this first book and this team consisting of Fatty, Larry, Daisy, Pip, Bets and Buster, the dog - continue to solve some tough cases. Their village Policeman, Mr. Goon doesn't like them as they prove to be smarter than him!

What I like about this series is the intelligent plotting, listing of suspects, improving logical analysis and of course, the fun the kids have in solving the mysteries!

Title : The Mystery of the Burnt Cottage

Actually this is the first of Enid Blyton's thrilling Mystery books. My husband suggested this for my son in grade V. Though this is supposed to be for children, I found it really interesting and we have now completed around half the series. This series has 15 books.

This story is about the five find-outers, a group of five children, aged between eight and fourteen ( love to be detectives) who solve the mystery of a burnt cottage.

They form their team ' Find-outers and the dog' in this first book and this team consisting of Fatty, Larry, Daisy, Pip, Bets and Buster, the dog - continue to solve some tough cases. Their village Policeman, Mr. Goon doesn't like them as they prove to be smarter than him!

What I like about this series is the intelligent plotting, listing of suspects, improving logical analysis and of course, the fun the kids have in solving the mysteries!

actually i liked the later books of the findouters... or as inspector jenks terms them the first time 'fine-doubters' if my memory serves me right.

frederick algernon trotville, i always admired and identified. fat but extremely intelligent, the brains behind the group. and ofcourse my favourite mr goon in his bike, huffing and puffing, and making all the mistakes - the caricature of a village policemen of old blighty of those gentle yesteryears !!

yes, i grew up with them as well as the 'famous five'...i think enid blyton is now passe in the u.k. and probably has readers only in india and maybe australia/new zealand. just a gut feeling.

Dear Sir,

You have a truly wonderful memory! and we also like Mr. Goon without whom the comedy will never be complete.

Regards
Anamika

Novel : The Mystery of the Vanished Prince

This is one of the find-outer's series and one of the best in terms of suspense and guessing. Ern, Goon's nephew also joins in Fatty's team in this mystery.

A jolly disguising done by the find-outers as Princess and others lands them into trouble as a real Prince goes missing in their nearby place. What's more interesting is, as usual, Mr. Goon believes their disguise and reports it to the chief, Jenks. Now, Fatty lands into trouble and he has to solve the mystery of the vanishing Prince so that they can win the affection and admiration of the chief. How they do it is a treat to read!

Title : The Mystery of the Hidden House

This is one of the interesting mysteries of Enid Blyton. Ern Goon, nephew of the Constable Goon comes to Peterswood and he also joins with the five find-outers Fatty, Pip, Larry, Daisy, Bets and Buster, the dog ofcourse! Though they have problems accepting Ern Goon into their fold, once they see that he also shares their feelings towards his Uncle ,he is accepted!!

The find-outers plan a series of false 'clues' for Ern but by mistake Ern stumbles upon a real mystery and in the process Ern is kidnapped by the gansters!How the find-outers guess and solve the mystery and save Ern is told in a interesting fashion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back