• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Symbol for lord muruga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Symbol of Lord Muruga

If I am correct, from the discourses heard, I would like humbly submit the following.

The Sharp, Triangular lance or Vel (we call it in Tamil) is called the Sacred Weapon of the
Hindu God Lord Subrahmanya, who is also called Vadivela, Vetrivela, Muruga, Shanmuga,
Karthikeyaa, Sarvanabava, etc.

The 'Vel' in Vedic Mythology was a demon-slaying weapon or instrument. The Soora
Samharam Celebration, which is celebrated annually at Tiruchendur, (according to
Puranas - where the demon-slaying event took place), is one such festival of reminiscent
event. Therefore, devotees in Lakhs throng over there to see this Godly feature. The
Vel thus symbolises penetrating spiritual knowledge, Wisdom and the cutting away of ignorance.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

May I venture into something more esoteric and theosophical? Please do a google search for Tetragramamaton.

Very simply put the two equilateral triangles - one with its apex pointed up depicts the elevation of the "spirit" to higher realms and the other with its apex pointed downwards denotes all the regions below this world and the downfall of the "spirit". Thus the ordinary ஆறுமுக்குச்சக்ரம் or tetragrammaton depicts everything, so to say; Murugan therefore becomes the Lord of All.

Symbol of Lord Muruga

Thank you very much.

That holy devotee, who prostrates to Lord Guha/Shanmuga, reciting Shri Subramanya Bhujangam
Stotra daily, with devotion, will be blessed with all pleasures and happiness in life.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

The Shatkona or the 6-kona of muruga denotes the merging of Shiva chakra and Shakti chakra. The bless of the goddess Shakti comes down from the sky and is denoted by the triangle which is coming down. The mind of sadhaka which always wants to get the higher things (thinking of the grace of devi) (i.e., always in nishta) denotes the shiva chakra (the triangle which goes up), when both these traingles merges the shiva-sakthi aikyam happens and where lord muruga appears.

This is what the somaskandha Thatva also explains. The sadhaka who gets the grace of both devi and shiva remains always young as kumara and beautiful like a star like karthigeya.

Pranams

The Shatkona or the 6-kona of muruga denotes the merging of Shiva chakra and Shakti chakra. The bless of the goddess Shakti comes down from the sky and is denoted by the triangle which is coming down. The mind of sadhaka which always wants to get the higher things (thinking of the grace of devi) (i.e., always in nishta) denotes the shiva chakra (the triangle which goes up), when both these traingles merges the shiva-sakthi aikyam happens and where lord muruga appears.

This is what the somaskandha Thatva also explains. The sadhaka who gets the grace of both devi and shiva remains always young as kumara and beautiful like a star like karthigeya.

Pranams

Shri Durgadasan,

Is there anyone who "remains always young as kumara and beautiful like a star like karthigeya"? Even shining stars like Rajnikant, Kamalhasan etc., depend on their make-up artistes!

Thank you very much for your inputs. The information what you have explained herein is described
clearly in Sikkal Singara Velan Temple. During the Skantha Sashti Festival, Lord Muruga getting Vel
from the Mother Parvathi is celebrated very elaborately in an attractive manner.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Murugan's Vel has also a significant meaning. In the South Murugan is also for "arivu". The Vel is sharp on the top - meaning one's arivu should be sharp like that; it is broad next - 'arivu' should also be broad like that and the Vel is also long and deep - the 'arivu' should also be long and deep.
Shri Durgadasan I am seeing you after a long time. My regards/

Dear Iyarooran sir

Thanks for your wishes... :) Some problem with my system for few months. Thats all. Much happy to see u all again.

Pranams

Sri Vidya Paradevathaa Aadijananee
Durga Jaya Chandiga
Bala Sri Tripureshwari Sivasathee
Shri Raja Rajeswaree
Sri Ragjnee Siva Doothika Sruthinuthaa
Srungaara Choodamani
Ma Ambapurvasinee Bagavathee
Herambamathaavathu

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Lord Skanda is the son of Lord Shiva and Parvathy. As per the legend
HE was born of the six rays of light that emerged from the third eye of
Lord Shiva. His Avatar was to put an end to Soorapadman's cruelty.
Lord Murugan led the army of Devas to attain the victory against demons.
If one meditates or prays Lord Subramaniya, wisdom and power to achieve
the victory can be attained, preferably on Tuesdays, Sashti, Karthigai Star
days.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back