Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

do u need financial assistance to run this site?

0 Not allowed!
    Hey folks ( silverfox, praveen and other admins),

I appreciate the service brought by you to the brahmin community. May I know how you plan to foot the cost for running this site. Do you have the
    reosurces to do it? How can the members help in this?
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I appreciate the Thought and the offer for help

At this moment, we are doing fine.

Only area where we need help is to get the word out.
    We could do with lots of help on that. There are many who doesnt know about the site and if each member could help us spread the word, that would be fantastic.

On that note, i would be even willing to have a partnership of some sort which will help in our publicity for some free advertisement as well.
    That we can discuss in person.

without going into specifics, we have the resources to maintain this site.
    Just so, this is not the only site i own, so you can be assured of this site's future
    Contact - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

A Suggestion !!!! Workable ? I dunno !!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by praveen View Post
    Only area where we need help is to get the word out.
    We could do with lots of help on that. There are many who doesnt know about the site and if each member could help us spread the word, that would be fantastic.
    Praveen,

A Thought. I dunno whether it is workable from a technology perspective.

I can give say 5 email id's of tam brams (or just brams, if that's ok). Can you push a mailer to that id with a brief about the forum, a note on some of the initiatives taken, plans going forward etc...

This could perhaps work ?

I dunno whether from a technology pov, this is achievable.
    நன்றி,
    ஹரி

அன்பே சிவம்.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

there are a bunch of mailing lists for kerala iyers. can be used

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hariharan1972 View Post
    Praveen,

A Thought. I dunno whether it is workable from a technology perspective.

I can give say 5 email id's of tam brams (or just brams, if that's ok). Can you push a mailer to that id with a brief about the forum, a note on some of the initiatives taken, plans going forward etc...

This could perhaps work ?

I dunno whether from a technology pov, this is achievable.
    there are a bunch of mailing lists for kerala iyers. can be used to reach more people in 1 shot
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, we can send out emails to people.
    only downside is, it would be seen as an "advertisement".

whereas if a member (Say you for example) refers the site to someone, it would be taken in a diff manner
    Contact - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

We can always word it appropriately

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by praveen View Post
    Yes, we can send out emails to people.
    only downside is, it would be seen as an "advertisement".

whereas if a member (Say you for example) refers the site to someone, it would be taken in a diff manner
    We can always word it appropriately & state that the person has been referred by a particular member.

It can be made to look as an invite to "experience" the site & register only if convinced.

Anyways your choice. The only problem with word of mouth is that we never know when the person would 'try out the site'. With an embedded hyperlink to the site, out of curiosity people may click the link & visit the site.

For my part i have referred to lot of people but i don't think i have had any success. In fact one of the persons i referred to - including details of our plans to start a fund - after sampling the site, said that "looks like you guys won't do anything to help the needy". I clarified to him later that the help section is not visible to the visiting guest & then he relented.

I dunno whether he would still consider joining the forum.
    நன்றி,
    ஹரி

அன்பே சிவம்.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

can we put a link to other brahmins sites and request them to reciprocate

0 Not allowed!
    can we put a link to other brahmins sites and request them to reciprocate - a small step towards better collabaration and integration.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    hi.. i will join now only... but i cann't send mail & private messages?
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

posted a message in the yahoo group of kerala iyers

0 Not allowed!
    Hi admin folks

Pl note that I have posted a message to moderator of the yahoo groups of pattars ( kerala iyers) outlining about www.tamilbrahmins.com.

I have given silverfox and praveen as key contacts over here.

Hope something good will transpire and the two groups can work together.

thanks
    kashyap.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Silverfox and I have made a nice invitation letter for other to join , I will publish in this site , people can cut and paste for thier email, but pls hold on as by end of March we will have the trust up and running which gives much more authenticity and meaning to this , we are planning to have 2-3 goals for this year , incremental steps whill help us move forward instead of trying to do 100 things and failing, this year we will start with Trust opening, education for needy, fund collection and drive and helping Lawyer Vijayan for taking up our cause
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast