Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

India's 10 lowest poverty states

0 Not allowed!
    India's 10 Lowest Poverty States - Page 10

not much of a surprise in small states such as delhi or goa or HP in the top rung.

surprising is kerala ahead of everyone in large states, tamilnadu, maharashtra, gujarat .. in that order.

i think, much as we tambrams may feel hurt by the dravidian reformation, the entire tamil community as a whole, has profited for the past 50 years, for in reality, the concept of reservations and upliftment of dalits, started with kamaraj, who was a strong supporter of reservations.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    namaste shrI Kunjuppu.

When you feel that the Tambrams should be pitted against any and every news item, you might as well say the following:

• Delhi is the number 1 state in the lowest poverty because it has mostly been under the rule of Congress;

• Goa is 3rd because it is a Christian state;

• Punjab is 4th because the Punajabis are hardworking and less influenced by casteism;

And surprisingly, when talking about states, the article only talks about Chennai.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    The new measure, the Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI), was developed and applied by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) with UNDP support.

We should know more about that before passing any judgement.

I tend to disbelieve many of these statistics because the very same people were telling us that India was poorer than Guinea Bissau once.

The article twists the old saying "India is rich but Indians are poor" to 'India is poor but Indians are rich". The saying was based on the fact that The gross Domestic Product of India was always high, more than many western nations. But the because of the population, the per capita GDP was low.
    Last edited by Nacchinarkiniyan; 22-09-2011 at 07:47 PM.
    யாதும் ஊரே யாவரும் கேளிர்.

நச்சினார்க்கினியன்.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    namaste shrI Kunjuppu.

When you feel that the Tambrams should be pitted against any and every news item, you might as well say the following:

Delhi is the number 1 state in the lowest poverty because it has mostly been under the rule of Congress;

Goa is 3rd because it is a Christian state;

Punjab is 4th because the Punajabis are hardworking and less influenced by casteism;

And surprisingly, when talking about states, the article only talks about Chennai.
    sorry sai, i really didnt mean to bring in the caste factor here. but in most of the states caste goes hand in hand with development, the most backward states are those with the most rigid structures, afaik. i may err here though.

kerala, is high there, because of remittance from the gulf.

goa, is a small state, like delhi. so not fair to complain. delhi gets preferential treatment as it is the showpiece of the country for foreigners.

what is surprising is maha and guj, below t.n. and karnataka not anywhere there.

btw where is uttarakhand. is it carved out of u.p. bordering delhi (ghaziabad and such stuff?

i think, even though chennai is mentioned, the index included the whole state. which is believable. i have been to bihar and u.p. 10 years ago, and felt like these were in the 1700s. kerala still not all that developed.
    thank you saidevo.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Delhi is rich because the Central Government pumps huge amount of money into developing Delhi. The allocation for Delhi is more than the total allocation of all the seven states of the North East.

As someone said long time back things are no different from the time of Tuglak because at that time the entire India was looted to enrich Delhi. Democratic India is no better. Delhi rules the rest of India.
    யாதும் ஊரே யாவரும் கேளிர்.

நச்சினார்க்கினியன்.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjuppu View Post

btw where is uttarakhand. is it carved out of u.p. bordering delhi (ghaziabad and such stuff?

i think, even though chennai is mentioned, the index included the whole state. which is believable. i have been to bihar and u.p. 10 years ago, and felt like these were in the 1700s. kerala still not all that developed.
    thank you saidevo.
    (just in joke) I was going to praise your articles, till you started to bad mouth my birthplace.

The Eastern part of India has struggled for ever, bad governments, bad weather, bad alliances, bad policies, bad work habits you name it they have it.
    But India is progressing, and it is great joy to most Indians, but especially to us expats. We enjoy vicariously, without experiencing the problems faced by the natives.
    Last edited by prasad1; 22-09-2011 at 08:12 PM.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    "surprising is kerala ahead of everyone in large states, tamilnadu, maharashtra, gujarat .. in that order." -OP

It would be educational if people objectively analyze as to why Kerala and TN are in the forefront of HDI, including per capita GDP and development.

1. What macro policies these two States followed in the past 40 years that others did not follow?

2. Work ethics and skill levels of these two States. Compare and contrast it to other States.

3. Is there any natural advantage to these two States that others don't have?

4. Communist (in Kerala) / Dravidian Ideology (in TN) Vs Others.

Please, members, put your heads around these issues and come up with some consensus.

Thanks

Y
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaka View Post
    "surprising is kerala ahead of everyone in large states, tamilnadu, maharashtra, gujarat .. in that order." -OP

It would be educational if people objectively analyze as to why Kerala and TN are in the forefront of HDI, including per capita GDP and development.

1. What macro policies these two States followed in the past 40 years that others did not follow?

2. Work ethics and skill levels of these two States. Compare and contrast it to other States.

3. Is there any natural advantage to these two States that others don't have?

4. Communist (in Kerala) / Dravidian Ideology (in TN) Vs Others.

Please, members, put your heads around these issues and come up with some consensus.

Thanks

Y
    hi y sir,
    Kerala for malayali....TN for tamilian...............both 2 sides of same coin.....malayali hard works outside...not inside kerala....

tamilian never works anywhere........TN always AMMA OR AYYA ATCHI...........kerala always red flag problem.....my 2 cents

regards
    tbs
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tbs View Post
    hi y sir,
    Kerala for malayali....TN for tamilian...............both 2 sides of same coin.....malayali hard works outside...not inside kerala....

tamilian never works anywhere........TN always AMMA OR AYYA ATCHI...........kerala always red flag problem.....my 2 cents

regards
    tbs
    tbs,

i do beg to differ about this 2 cents of yours.

the tamils are among the most inventive and hard working folks in india. it is just that you may not have had the chance to move with them a lot.

it is not by chance, that we are among the most prosperous states in india. but more than that, thanks to the social revolution, the wealth, both moneywise and knowledgewise, is spread across a wider cross section than any other state in india, bar kerala. i think so.

tamil nadu unlike karnataka has a home grown base of capitalists in the form of chettiars, gounders, muslims, nadars and naidus. the tambrams have excelled in administration and management. the tamil christians thanks to minority education institutions, are and have been giving the tambram a good run for their money in terms of positions vacated by an emigrating tambram community.

today's doctors, teachers and civil servants, by default have been the product of a social revolution, which has essential flattened the social structure of tamil nadu, something that i think, no other state in india has done to such an extent.

myself immigrants from kerala, like my parents, had no problem settling down in madras of yore, starting a small business, and prospering enough to educate the children, marry off the daughters and consider life wholesome. i am not so sure how many states in india, without the benefit of money support or social structure would permit a stranger to come to their city and eke out more than a living.

plurality is an essential entity of today's india. india of today, is a nation of minorities - caste, creed, religion, language and attitudes. in fact i can think of no other country in the world with so much of essentially divisive potentials, yet united politically. tamil nadu post dravidian revolution, has been more indian than many many indian staties - to name? all of north east including assam, punjab, kashmir and kerala (yes kerala - ask any keralite to chose between india and the gulf?)

tbs, you have repeated the oft quoted, 'where do you find a malayali hard at work?'. there are more malayalis (i consider myself more a malayali than tamil) in tamil nadu than anyother state, more telugus but for andhra, more kannadigas but for karnataka, and above all as many folks in the indian armed forces, as punjab or u.p. the last fact, as tambrams,who shun armed forces, will not know. unless we look deep.

tbs. i beg to disagree. not even for one paise, i think ,you are right. sorry sir!!
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    hi K sir,
    thank u for ur reply.....another connected story....

நூறு சதம் கல்வியறிவு பெற பிகாரில் புதிய திட்டம்

நூறு சதம் கல்வியறிவு பெற பிகாரில் புதிய திட்டம்

coutesy dinamani

regards
    tbs
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast