• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

HINDI SONGS!! Let us share our favourites, past and present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone members and lurkers (be members whaddya waiting for!)

There are threads for Tamil and English and i have been toying with the idea of a Hindi music thread for some time now so I've decided to create one for Hindi songs. I shall kick off by posting my favourite oldies first.

Please post all/any of your favourite Hindi/Urdu songs whether its filmi or ghazals, qawwali or well...even bhajans and albums. Anything really.

I will try my best not to post more than 2 a day! (can't promise though)

Here is my 1st one from Chori Chori. One of my most bestest's :)

Manna Dey & Lata - Aaja Sanam Madhur Chandni - Chori Chori [1956] - YouTube

Hi everyone members and lurkers (be members whaddya waiting for!)

There are threads for Tamil and English and i have been toying with the idea of a Hindi music thread for some time now so I've decided to create one for Hindi songs. I shall kick off by posting my favourite oldies first.

Please post all/any of your favourite Hindi/Urdu songs whether its filmi or ghazals, qawwali or well...even bhajans and albums. Anything really.

I will try my best not to post more than 2 a day! (can't promise though)

Here is my 1st one from Chori Chori. One of my most bestest's :)

Manna Dey & Lata - Aaja Sanam Madhur Chandni - Chori Chori [1956] - YouTube

Dear Amalaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a fantastic thought you had!!!!. It shows your penchant about music. I liked your taste in music and the desire to open such a thread... :)

Hope I can come up with lots of my fines selections as and when time permits...

Hope this thread will be one among the most successful threads... :)

As of now I am planning to post two songs a day..One from old movies and one from the mid/new ones...

Thanks for opening such a thread Amala....

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woYpl85_l6A&feature=related]yeh jeevan hai [high quality sound] - YouTube

musafir hoon yaarone...na ghar hai na tikana ...

Last edited by a moderator:
this movie came out in 1967, and immediately spawned a style of cloth hat. every youngster all over was wearing this funny hat, checked, with a fold.

sachin dev burman was at his peak, i think, and this was among the last movies of vyjayanthi mala. dev anand, ofcourse with his tilted head and puffs et al, had a few more years left in him.

the story was simple, as all dev anand's nav ketan movies were. but the songs were top charters.

among the best, 'dil pukare' is the bestest. it is what i think is assamese or north east indian in origin for the beginnings and moves on to big band bollywood for the crescendo. the scenes of darjeeling are stunning.

vyji is a fat matron, and with a ripe mango face, looks nowhere like the distressed lass she is supposed to play. but i liked her then and thoroughly enjoyed the movie, song dance and all.

from jewel thief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lquTatrN_9Y

Last edited:
this movie came out in 1967, and immediately spawned a style of cloth hat. every youngster all over was wearing this funny hat, checked, with a fold.

sachin dev burman was at his peak, i think, and this was among the last movies of vyjayanthi mala. dev anand, ofcourse with his tilted head and puffs et al, had a few more years left in him.

the story was simple, as all dev anand's nav ketan movies were. but the songs were top charters.

among the best, 'dil pukare' is the bestest. it is what i think is assamese or north east indian in origin for the beginnings and moves on to big band bollywood for the crescendo. the scenes of darjeeling are stunning.

vyji is a fat matron, and with a ripe mango face, looks nowhere like the distressed lass she is supposed to play. but i liked her then and thoroughly enjoyed the movie, song dance and all.

dil pukare aare aare

Shri Kunujupp,

I am thrilled to see your interest in Hindi Music.. :)

You seem to be an all rounder!!!!!!!. Happy that you can share your finest selections with all of us here.

Hope you will come up with all your wonderful selections and pamper us all...

Thank you for your participation Shri Kunjuppu....

Thank you for the wonderful songs Nachi mama, Ravi, and Kunjuppu mama the link is not working for me? Is it from Jewel Theif?

Last edited:
even now jaya and amit,as a couple i adore them.used to hate rekha but now i dont hate her also,as i have matured in understanding human relationships.pati patni aur woh :)

another fav

Satyam Shivam Sundaram - Shri Radha Mohan Shyam Shobhan - Manna Dey - YouTube

just love zeenie boing boing :)

miss sanjeev a lot,he was finest of the fine.one great actor "kaem cho gujju bhai " :)

Wow Amala,

Good for starting this thread.I am fond of catchy numbers and surely contribute.
Now forum is getting diversified and may be after my trip to India I will start some XX Rated Thread..heheheehe(Just joking...I will get banned)

My song for today is Pee Loon

[video=youtube_share;vny5ve4Nk2c]http://youtu.be/vny5ve4Nk2c[/video]

Last edited:
This song is for Valli..

[video=youtube_share;DKogBQ-pPyU]http://youtu.be/DKogBQ-pPyU[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back