• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kshobha naasaka sree ganesa nava slokee

Status
Not open for further replies.

somanathan Iyer

Vamde Ganesam Omkara Moolam Vasudhaika Naadham Vaamchitha Phaladam
Kaarunya Roopam Kaamitha Varadam Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Vikatam Brahmamda Vyaaptham Brahmaadi Vamditha Bhava Bhaktha Sulabham
Paasa Hastham Prasanna Moorthim Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Kapilam Kali Kshobha Naasam Kaama Krodhadi Kalmasha Haranam
Abhaya Hastham Asamaana Thejam Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Pradhamam Prakatitha Vibhavam Pramadhaadi Sannuta Paramesa Puthram
Modaka Hastham Moda Bharitam Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Sookshmam Vedanta Saram Kaivalya Dhaamam Thrailokya Poojyam
Pratkruti Moolam Parama Purusham Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Jatilam Jagadhaadharam Janmantara Krita Paapa Vidooram
Sundara Roopam Suruchira Moorthim Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Akhilam Ananda Nilayam Advaitha Saaram Ardhendu Lasitham
Adimoolam Akhanda Phaladam Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Saantham Sarvani Tanayam Saradimdu Samkaasa Samjwalitha Vadanam
Sahitya Sangeeta Kavithadi Moolam Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Soumyam Sasi Surya Tejam Sadbhaktha Prarabhda Sakalaarthi Naasam
Sankara Soonum Samkata Naasam Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Kshobha Naasaka Sri Ganesha navaslokee Sthothramidam Anudinam Yah Paten Nnaraha Nacha Vighna Bhayam Tasya Sarvada Ananda Mavapnuyath!!

The above is a humble attempt by me for my beloved God which is the English version of my Telugu composition. I request the learned ones to give their valuable suggestions and comments.

Last edited:
Vamde Ganesam Omkara Moolam Vasudhaika Naadham Vaamchitha Phaladam
Kaarunya Roopam Kaamitha Varadam Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Vikatam Brahmamda Vyaaptham Brahmaadi Vamditha Bhava Bhaktha Sulabham
Paasa Hastham Prasanna Moorthim Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Kapilam Kali Kshobha Naasam Kaama Krodhadi Kalmasha Haranam
Abhaya Hastham Asamaana Thejam Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Pradhamam Prakatitha Vibhavam Pramadhaadi Sannuta Paramesa Puthram
Modaka Hastham Moda Bharitam Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Sookshmam Vedanta Saram Kaivalya Dhaamam Thrailokya Poojyam
Pratkruti Moolam Parama Purusham Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Jatilam Jagadhaadharam Janmantara Krita Paapa Vidooram
Sundara Roopam Suruchira Moorthim Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Akhilam Ananda Nilayam Advaitha Saaram Ardhendu Lasitham
Adimoolam Akhanda Phaladam Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Saantham Sarvani Tanayam Saradimdu Samkaasa Samjwalitha Vadanam
Sahitya Sangeeta Kavithadi Moolam Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Vamde Soumyam Sasi Surya Tejam Sadbhaktha Prarabhda Sakalaarthi Naasam
Sankara Soonum Samkata Naasam Twath Paada Padmam Saranam Prapadhye !!

Kshobha Naasaka Sri Ganesha navaslokee Sthothramidam Anudinam Yah Paten Nnaraha Nacha Vighna Bhayam Tasya Sarvada Ananda Mavapnuyath!!

The above is a humble attempt by me for my beloved God which is the English version of my Telugu composition. I request the learned ones to give their valuable suggestions and comments.

Sir,

I appreciate your sincerity. The stotra does not seem to be set to any definite "vrittam" or Chhandas (poetic metre). Your Telugu sloka may be complete, and not lacking in this respect but I am not aware. Kindly consult some sanskrit Pundit and tweak this.

Sangom Sir,

I thank you for your kind suggestion. As my medium of language was in Telugu and as Telugu literature is mostly with Sanskrit words, I just tried to compose with the words that are familiar to me. To admit frankly I am not proficient in Sanskrit. I am not aware of its grammatical validity. But I have shown it to the chief priest of Ramalayam in our area for any corrections, he said the rhythm is there but not sure about the poetic meter. Even then he asked me to get it laminated in magnifying letters and its currently displayed in the Ganesa temple for the convenience of devotees. The other draw back is I could not give a Tamil version of the same due to my knowledge restricted to only reading Tamil.
I still look forward for any corrections to be made.

Regards

Iyer sir,

Just in case you will like to improve your sloka, I give below what I feel needs to be improved. Let us take the first line:-

वन्दे गणॆशं ऒंकार मूलं वसुधैक नादं वाञ्छित फलदं

vande gaṇeśaṃ oṃkāra mūlaṃ vasudhaika nādaṃ vāñchita phaladaṃ

If we follow the manner in which normally recite this line, the pauses (called Caesura in learned circles) will be according to the colours indicated. It will be seen that the first three 5-letter parts rhyme very well but in the last one there is discordance. If, for example we keep the two letters vāñch intact, the last part will rhyme if it sounds like vāñchaana naanaa or something similar.

From the second verse onwards, in the place of vande gaṇeśaṃ, (the first 5 letters in the first sloka), we have vande vikatam which has one मात्र less, and mostly people will tend to make up for this by uttering "vande vikaatam", "vande kapeelam", vande pra dhaamam, vande jaTeelam, etc. Such changes will sometimes give erroneous and even contrary meaning to that which is intended. This is generally not looked upon as a satisfactory aspect of a sloka.

I will therefore earnestly request you to take a fresh look at the composition and try to remove such inconsistencies and errors.

Sangom sir,

I find you well versed in Sanskrit as well as grammar. I will be grateful if you can spare some time in putting my composition in a cohesive way. I have one more composition on Lord Ganesa, Lord Srinivasa, Lord Surya & lord Sani. My query is whether I can send that directly to you for any corrections or to post in the forum? kindly advice.

Sangom sir,

I find you well versed in Sanskrit as well as grammar. I will be grateful if you can spare some time in putting my composition in a cohesive way. I have one more composition on Lord Ganesa, Lord Srinivasa, Lord Surya & lord Sani. My query is whether I can send that directly to you for any corrections or to post in the forum? kindly advice.

Shri Iyer,

My knowledge of Sanskrit is very limited and I do not possess the poetic instinct which will make the appropriate words to come out of the brain. Still, I shall try to refine the above Ganesa stotra first. After seeing how long it takes and what is the quality of the final product you may decide about sending the other stotras.

In case you do not know, I am a 70+ man, retired. But now I am more of an agnostic, i.e., one who believes that Man can never have a correct understanding of God, despite whatever "acrobatics" he may do by way of prayer, meditation, homam, etc., etc. If you have any reservation to referring your sloka to a person like me, please feel free to say 'no' and I shall not proceed further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back