• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sponsoring a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets all join together

A very noble thought. Hats off to you. I wish some one takes the leadership in organising TAMBRAM scholarship foundation, TAMBRAM book banks etc. This would help the community in real sense.

Dear Bala Subramanian:

I was moved to read your posting. So... we do have noble people like you amongst us; it is gratifying.

Right now, we are helping two deserving young girls - Srividhya and Ragachandrika towards their college tuition.
I am sure we will be hearing from someone in this forum and you will be the first to know.
Thank you!

Once I have some time later this year, I would like to volunteer for any legal and investigative work on this issue. I can actually do the legwork in Chennai and TN to ascertain the level of need and amount that would be realistically required for education purposes. Fund-raising activities should be coordinated with ******* at some stage to unify the Brahmana organizations on this issue, including flyers at the Sankara Mutt in Kancheepuram.

I feel this scholarship should only be restricted towards meeting the educational expenses of poor but talented students. The reason for this is that there are many poor Brahmana students, but the best return will be obtained only by locating the talented ones among them. Because they will be best positioned to use the funds to pull themselves up, and then later on be able to help many more deserving students.

Hello,
I am interested in sponsoring a child's education including the total living expense for one underprivileged child from a poor needy Brahmin family. This will be a long term commitment and will not be one-off. Please recommend and let me know if you come across one.
Thanks,
Bala.

sir - what a noble thought for a great cause! GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!

Giving back to society

Dear Silverfox,
Sure, giving back to society is fulfilling. I will look forward to recommendations.
Regards,
Bala.

Dear Dr. Bala:
Yes, we will be contacting you soon.

I understand you are from Madurai. I, too, could claim myself as a Maduraian (is this right?!!)
went to high school (Setupati High School) in Madurai!!

I am blessed!

Dear mrifan:
Thank you so much for volunteering for our causes. I feel honored and blessed to have been born in our community when I see outstanding people like you and Dr.Bala who are stepping up to the front in actively working for the upliftment of our community.
mrifan, I am sorry to tell you that the ******* association is of no use. You can never get hold of anybody there and no one returns phone calls. Praveen, you may want to tell the members your experience.
I may have to agree with you in restricting our assistance only to talented students, I would feel very bad in not helping out some poor student, though not talented, at least trying!! We will see.
How do you assess if the student is talented or not?

Once I have some time later this year, I would like to volunteer for any legal and investigative work on this issue. I can actually do the legwork in Chennai and TN to ascertain the level of need and amount that would be realistically required for education purposes. Fund-raising activities should be coordinated with ******* at some stage to unify the Brahmana organizations on this issue, including flyers at the Sankara Mutt in Kancheepuram.

I feel this scholarship should only be restricted towards meeting the educational expenses of poor but talented students. The reason for this is that there are many poor Brahmana students, but the best return will be obtained only by locating the talented ones among them. Because they will be best positioned to use the funds to pull themselves up, and then later on be able to help many more deserving students.

Dear SILVERFOX,

I am from Bangalore with ancestral roots in TN most aptly in TV Malai region. I live in London. Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Bala.

Dear Bala:
My fault; I got you confused with another Bala Subramanian (same name!!). My apologies. I live in the US (40 years) but am in Chennai right now. What is TV Malai?

Dear Sir,Jaya Jaya Sankara, I really appericiaate your letter, Some I have My reservations about ******* but as said we can contact Sankara Muts. Also If you restrict your Funding Only to wards the scool fees it may be it may be like feeding a cow with hand full of grass. we have to think in termsof their/scool/college books, conveyance , one time meal depending upon the financial condition of the family. then only it will be full meal.

Dear Bala:
If you could give me in detail how you would like to do the sponsorship, (Your requirements) I could send out an all-out appeal to all members about this.

Mr.Balasubramaniam . I can easily let u know of a candidate if u still have not found one

I just saw Subalaji's posting earlier. Balaji: Do you have a suitable candidate for Bala?

Last edited:
Dear Silverfox,
Thanks. It will be great if we can find an underprivileged child from a poor needy Brahmin family. I can sponsor education, boarding and other expenses on a monthly basis. The objective will be to provide such a child an opportunity for a decent education. I am willing to support until a period when the child completes a reasonable level of education, which will enable standing up on its own.
Regards,
Bala.

Dear Mr.Balasubramaniam , two archaka's whom I know are finding it difficult to educate their children , pls let me know what all details u want , do u want to give them money annually or keep some money in a account and send them interest, I can make sure the fees get paid directly in the school, normally it costs about 12000/- per year for educating one child just for school fees and books in Tamilnadu , I will get exact details to you

Dear Subalaji,
Thanks for your response. I will be glad to support one of them. I will give them money annually and paying the fee directly in the school will be a good option. Please let me know additional expenses if any and I am willing to fund. It will be nice if I can know the family as well and establish a means to communicate with the child on regular basis. PL advice if I have to send the money directly to tamilbrahmins.com.

Regards,
Bala.

Mr. Balasubramaniam you can sponsor for the child of Balu vadyar, an archaka , his number is 9884625149, he is in the temple nearby, if u need any help from me , do let me know , I can make sure money reaches the right people

Looking for sponsorship

Hi,

I am Prabha.I am from Bangalore. I have been a silent reader of the forum for 6 months.
Friend of mine Mr.Raghunath from chennai , is looking for sponsorship of education for his daughter.He was working in a small private firm earning only 5000 rs, that also he discontinued recently as he had his first heart attack and he is currently undergoing treatment in GH , chennai.
he is the sole earning member of the family.
His daughter is currently in 10th std, he is looking for assistance to support her education upto a degree course or any vocational course travel&ticketing diploma etc..so that she can be on her own in the next 2-3 years..
If you are willing to help you can contact him on 9941297826. As I do not have Dr.Balasubramanian contact info , I am fwding the mail to you.

Any assistance in this regars is appreciated.If you need any reference about this case you can write to me at [email protected]

Thanks,
S.Prabha

Dear Prabha:

Thank you for writing us about your friend, Mr. Raghunath. I will call him at the number you gave me and I will take it from there. We need to verify the situation first.
Doc Bala, if you see this posting, please contact me.

Prabha, you say you have been a silent reader so far! Why don't you participate in our discussions and express your opinions? We would love to hear your voice, especially a lady's! (because not very many women take part in these discussions!)

Reply to silverfox

hi,
Thanks for the response.
The threads running in the forums are not of real interest to me. except for sponsoship/help page.Also I find the discussions/debates happening in the forums are at very intellectual level and people are taking it too personal.I feel every one has right for their opinions and you dont have to spend so much time convincing others :).
If there are any interesting topics i would surely contribute..

Thanks,
Prabha

Dear Mr. Balasubramanian

I have come to know of a family from South India, about whom there is some information. This family is known to some of my close friends from "Nama Sankeerthanam" group.

Sri Maelarkode Vaidyanatha Bhaghavathar

He hailed from Kerala and settled in Coimbatore. His main profession was Naama Sankeerthanam. He was one of the sought after Bhaghavathars in the recent times.

Unfortunately, the family suffered a severe set back with the Sad and Sudden Demise of Sri Vaidyanatha Bhaghavathar at a very young age of 49 a few months ago. Sri Vaidyanatha Bhaghavathar is survived by his wife and 2 daughters – Ranjani and Madhuvanthi studying in their primary and higher secondary school.

Thus far there are some people who have come forwarded to support the family in this time of distress. This kindness has taken care of the basic needs for the immediate requirement and also the education of the kids until they get to college.

However, they will surely require support for their education as they move into college and post secondary school education. It would be great if some one like you can commit to such a cause which would relieve the family of the agony they are going through thinking of long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back