• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Email from admin..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received an email from the admin for the yearly donation. It is a very good idea. But it did not specify to which address the donation needs to be sent.

I sent a reply back asking for the address but i have not received any information back.

Please let me know to what address the check needs to be sent and also to whom it should be addressed.

Also i would like this yearly fund not to be used for any religious activities. Those can be sponsored by whom ever is interested . I want this fund to be used for educational purpose or for helping needy people.

Dear Kabali:
You are right; we haven't given out the addresses to which these donations should be sent. Please bear with us; we are waiting for opening an account and as soon as this is done, I would give out the account number, bank name, routing number (is this what they call in India?), addresses to which the donations can be sent (if by check/DD) in Chennai and in the US. I would welcome volunteers in other countries to provide their address, collect the funds and send them to us. I will be providing these within a week.

Yes, these funds are strictly on humanitarian grounds, educational assistance to deserving but poor brahmins, etc. We will not use these funds for religious activities.

Dear Kabali:
You are right; we haven't given out the addresses to which these donations should be sent. Please bear with us; we are waiting for opening an account and as soon as this is done, I would give out the account number, bank name, routing number (is this what they call in India?), addresses to which the donations can be sent (if by check/DD) in Chennai and in the US. I would welcome volunteers in other countries to provide their address, collect the funds and send them to us. I will be providing these within a week.

Yes, these funds are strictly on humanitarian grounds, educational assistance to deserving but poor brahmins, etc. We will not use these funds for religious activities.

sir -i also received the mail. but i request you to keep the minimum amount as 500./- instead of the present 2000. also is their provision to pay by credit card online? ( in THAMBRASS THEY HAVE THIS PROVISION) that would be very easy for persons like me.

sir -i also received the mail. but i request you to keep the minimum amount as 500./- instead of the present 2000. also is their provision to pay by credit card online? ( in THAMBRASS THEY HAVE THIS PROVISION) that would be very easy for persons like me.

2000 is not the fixed amt.. you can donate howmuch ever you can afford.

it can be less or more :)

Dear Suresh:
Thank you for stepping up to donate. Please, any donation is STRICTLY voluntary and any amount is NOT TOO SMALL. We were only suggesting about Rs.2,000. Of course, we wouldn't want any member to suffer financially.
As Praveen has pointed out, one can donate whatever they can afford.

Sorry, Suresh, we are not that sophisticated to accept Credit Cards!! By the way, if I were you, I wouldn't waste my money on TAMBRAM. I am sorry to say this but they are completely useless; Praveen approached them a few times; we called but nobody calls back. It appears that TAMBRAM is run by a bunch of guys trying to promote themselves and their agenda. I don't see any proclamations or protests from them every time Mr. K announces something against Brahmins. If they were truly for the upliftment of our community, how come nobody has contacted us so far to see how we could combine our efforts?

how come nobody has contacted us so far to see how we could combine our efforts?

Silverfox has a point.

for credit card payments, i am sure we can accomodate one or two people. i wont be able to say for sure it will work, but we can accept payments via paypal though its not a "preferred" option.

I feel that the funds should be sent By chq, drawn un favorr of Tamil brahmins .com in India or abroad and tamil brahmins.com should open an account in India in any Well Known bank /or alternativly , the auhorised bank address the chq should be sentwith a reciept from bank, followed by an acknowledgement by tamilbrahmins.comwith a posting in the web site

Dear Suresh:
Thank you for stepping up to donate. Please, any donation is STRICTLY voluntary and any amount is NOT TOO SMALL. We were only suggesting about Rs.2,000. Of course, we wouldn't want any member to suffer financially.
As Praveen has pointed out, one can donate whatever they can afford.

Sorry, Suresh, we are not that sophisticated to accept Credit Cards!! By the way, if I were you, I wouldn't waste my money on TAMBRAM. I am sorry to say this but they are completely useless; Praveen approached them a few times; we called but nobody calls back. It appears that TAMBRAM is run by a bunch of guys trying to promote themselves and their agenda. I don't see any proclamations or protests from them every time Mr. K announces something against Brahmins. If they were truly for the upliftment of our community, how come nobody has contacted us so far to see how we could combine our efforts?

Even if ******* is willing to help we should not take their help. we should do on our own. Due to ******* only we are facing lots of hardship in this regime. This ******* openly supported BJP in this election and because of this we are being targetted by DMK on the pretext of some other stuffs.

Dear Sir, Jaya Jaya Sankara,
I aggree withyou sir, I had a talk with a member , he also has expressed the same view . As already posted by me to day I do feel it will be a burial place for Tamil Brahmins if they are entrusted with this job on behalf of Tamil Brahmins. Better that we members select course ourself to facilitate members to freely contribute and maintain the holy cause of Tamil Brahmins. Infact we have to watch that this forum shold not be used for self esteem . Every member has to think of the holy cause/ work of Tamil Brahmins.com
Hara Hara Sankara

Last edited by a moderator:
To,
TamilBrahmins association,

I applied for scholarship in tamil brahmins.com last month.I am so happy that I recieved help from Mr.Ranganathan (Silverfox) immediately.So I have to thank many more times this website for providing me help.I am very much grateful to this site,and also all those replied me for my letter.

I couldn't mail last week as I had exams and that I also have no computer in my house..thank you so much once again for replying my letter in this website.Please forgive me for not mailing immediately.

Yours faithfully,
R.Ragachandrika

Even if ******* is willing to help we should not take their help. we should do on our own. Due to ******* only we are facing lots of hardship in this regime. This ******* openly supported BJP in this election and because of this we are being targetted by DMK on the pretext of some other stuffs.

sir - pls..pls.. hold on! abusing and targetting brahmins on one pretext or other has always been favourite pastime of the muthuvelar. he is suffering from inferioriity complex against brahmins & it can be cured only by medical treatment. actually, 'rationalism' is also a form of inferiority complex.
a govt. should be 100% neutral, as it is run out of taxpayers
money.what sort of a govt is this, that targets a caste because an association representing that caste supported a rival party in elections? if what Mr. Kabali says is true, this is a fascist govt. ******* is in no way responsible for our hardships. actually, the allegation is that ******* is not reacting to DMK's abuses on brahmins with aggression and vigour!!! ******* and our forum have same objective. only the ways are different. we should not belittle them just because they are not functioning in an aggresive manner. that is their style of functioning. i do not see anything wrong in that!

Oops. Let us hold our horses a little here. I am quite aware of the fact that ******* have done very little to help our community and they can and could have done much more. But let us not forget that we all belong to the same community. Let us not make statements like we should not take the help of ******* even if they offer. I would suggest let us take the help of anyone, if it will help our community. Infighting is the root cause of the problems our community is facing today.

What ultimately matters is whether we are able to organize ourselves as a community which can take care of its members.

BTW, MK and his friends have always been against Tamil Brahmins whether we support him or not. Remember DMK came to power because of the support given by Rajaji. That has not stopped MK from heaping atrocities on our community. Besides, a lot of Tamil Brahmins this year voted for MK as a mark of protest against Madam J for arresting Kanchi Sankaracharya. Not that it has helped change MK's attitude towards our community. So let us not say that because of ******* DMk is hating us. They will hate us whether we support them or not.

Ramki

Tambrams!

Hi Ramki, I agree with you. I hope they will contact us for any help. They (TAMBRAMS) should know that we are in this together.

To all members: Unlike TAMBRAMS, tamilbrahmins.com does not have an hierarchy or grand titles such as President, etc.

Praveen started this; Ramki and I help out for the sole cause of upliftment of our community. Here every member counts and every member can question anything that we do; rightfully so.

Have the details been worked out ?

Dear Kabali:
You are right; we haven't given out the addresses to which these donations should be sent. Please bear with us; we are waiting for opening an account and as soon as this is done, I would give out the account number, bank name, routing number (is this what they call in India?), addresses to which the donations can be sent (if by check/DD) in Chennai and in the US.

Silver Fox,

Eagerly awaiting your announcement on details.

Any progress ?

Sirs, any progress on the modalities wrt creation of fund ?

Sirs, any progress on the modalities wrt creation of fund ?
Dear Hariharan:
Unfortunately not yet. We are trying to discuss with a Charted Accountant about setting up a trust first. This way, it will be clean. Hopefully soon!
By the way, I am enjoying your postings!! Keep it up!

Thanks Ramki for the call .. I will try and get the full details and post it on the forum tomrw. Since we havent formed a proper trust as yet , it becomes difficult to ask for help. Your call and help is much appreciated .

Bhooma

Some more info on Trusts

Registration of Trust
Q 1How to form a `Trust'? a) A trust can be formed as per Section 4 of Indian Trust Act 1982 for a lawful purpose;
b) A trust should have a document written and signed by trustees or a sole trustee;
c) A trust can be formed through a will also;
There is no definite form to create a trust. Objectives of the trustee should be clear and unambiguous;

Q 2What are the purposes for which a trust can be formed? Trust cannot be formed for the following purposes under Sec.4 of the Act:
a) Unlawful purposes;
b) Against provisions of Indian Trusts Act 1932 rules made there under;
c) If there are provisions for cheating etc. in the trust;
d) If the trust is intended to cause loss or damage to one's property

Q 3Who can form a trust? The following can form a trust under Sec.7 of the Indian Trusts Act 1882:
a) A person capable of making contract can form a trust;
b) Trust can be formed on behalf of minor with permission of Civil Court.

Q 4What is the stamp duty to be paid for a trust deed? Under Article 54(a) of schedule of the Karnataka Stamp Act 1957, stamp duty is to be paid as bond (Article 12) on the value shown or value of movable or immovable property involved subject to maximum of Rs.500.

Q 5What is the fee for registration of trust deed? As per Article III of table of fees under Karnataka Registration Rules 1965, fee shall be paid at 2 percent on the total of value shown by the trustee or value of movable or immovable property shown in the trust deed, subject to maximum of Rs.500. The document is construed as trust under the provisions of Karnataka Stamp Act, 1957.

Q 6Can a trust be cancelled? A trust can be cancelled on the following grounds as per Sec. 78 of The Indian Trust Act 1882:
a) Trust can be cancelled at the will of the trustees;
b) Trust can be cancelled if there is provision for cancellation in the deed.
c) If author of a trust creates trust for the purpose of repayment of his debt and if this is nor informed to the creditor author can cancel the trust.

Q 7Can the defects in the trust be cured by amendment? Yes, amendment can be made a rectification or supplementary deed.

Pls note : Stamp duty may vary from State to State

Download a model trust deed at :

http://www.karigr.org/modeldeeds/trustd.htm

Regarding my this semester marks..

Respected members of tamil brahmin

I have already posted letters to this website as an appeal for scholarship.Now I have recieved replies from the members for which I'm very much thankful to this website.I have already sent my 1st and 2nd semester marks to this website.Here these are my 3rd semester marks.

English paper III-84
Tamil paper III-75
Environmental science-85
Main paper I-86
Main paper II-75
Allied chemistry-93

Yours faithfully,
R.Ragachandrika
044/23776703

Nothing but the best

The marks look good, particularly considering the tough situation in your family. I think you should adopt an attitude that nothing less than the best is acceptable, and drive yourself towards excellence. In particular, if your main subject is Physics, you should aim for at least 95 or higher, and find out from your HOD or Principal what it takes to make it to that level. Also, I think it is very very important to ask the question "Why" when reading through material. I feel it is much more important to understand the why behind a phenomenon rather than just memorizing the explanation. The future belongs to the innovators and those with a deep fundamental understanding of their subject matter. Congratulations and good luck.

Last edited:
Regarding a VEDA PADASHALA

Respected members,

In Delhi there is a veda padashala consisting of some students.It is being run by Shri.G.K.Seetharaman.He invites funds for the books and annadhana for the students studying there.He also publishes a monthly magazine called 'YOUR FAMILY FRIEND' in which he writes about the vedas and hindu sastras.To contact him please see the address given below.

Shri G.K Seetharaman
A-437,double storey,
kalkaji,
New Delhi-110019
ph-011/26428796
011/26219285
email [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back