• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Please tell me the purpose of this slokam

Status
Not open for further replies.
¸£§Æ ¦¸¡ÎòÐûÇ Š§Ä¡¸õ ±ý¨É ¦º¡øÄ¢ ÅÕõÀÊ ÜÈ¢ ´Õ ¯ÈÅ¢É÷ º¢Ä ¬ñθÙìÌ ÓýÒ ¦¸¡Îò¾¡÷. ¿¡Ûõ ¦º¡øÄ¢ ÅÕ¸¢§Èý. ¬É¡ø þÐ ±¾ü¸¡¸ ¦¸¡Îò¾¡÷ ±ýÚ ¦¾¡¢ÂÅ¢ø¨Ä. þÐ ±¨¾ì ÌÈ¢òÐ ¦º¡øÄôÀÎõ Š§Ä¡¸õ ±ýÚ Â¡Õ측ÅÐ ¦¾¡¢ó¾¡ø ÜÈ×õ

«¨ƒ‰ Á¡ò¡…ÉÁº¡ «âÁ¡ ¿¡¸§…¡ÅÂõ
ƒìÃò ŠÅôÉŠ …í¸øÀ: À¡§À¡Âõ òÕ‰ÁŠ¾õ
§Â¡ §¿¡ ò§Å‰Ê ¾õÕîºÐ ¯§Ã¡‰¼ þóòà ᾧ…¡
Å¢ôţá¾¢: º¾ì羡 «¾¡§¿¡ Å¢îź÷„§½
òÔõÉ¡ …¥‡òÃÁõ†Â:

¸£§Æ ¦¸¡ÎòÐûÇ Š§Ä¡¸õ ±ý¨É ¦º¡øÄ¢ ÅÕõÀÊ ÜÈ¢ ´Õ ¯ÈÅ¢É÷ º¢Ä ¬ñθÙìÌ ÓýÒ ¦¸¡Îò¾¡÷. ¿¡Ûõ ¦º¡øÄ¢ ÅÕ¸¢§Èý. ¬É¡ø þÐ ±¾ü¸¡¸ ¦¸¡Îò¾¡÷ ±ýÚ ¦¾¡¢ÂÅ¢ø¨Ä. þÐ ±¨¾ì ÌÈ¢òÐ ¦º¡øÄôÀÎõ Š§Ä¡¸õ ±ýÚ Â¡Õ측ÅÐ ¦¾¡¢ó¾¡ø ÜÈ×õ

«¨ƒ‰ Á¡ò¡…ÉÁº¡ «âÁ¡ ¿¡¸§…¡ÅÂõ
ƒìÃò ŠÅôÉŠ …í¸øÀ: À¡§À¡Âõ òÕ‰ÁŠ¾õ
§Â¡ §¿¡ ò§Å‰Ê ¾õÕîºÐ ¯§Ã¡‰¼ þóòà ᾧ…¡
Å¢ôţá¾¢: º¾ì羡 «¾¡§¿¡ Å¢îź÷„§½
òÔõÉ¡ …¥‡òÃÁõ†Â:

Shri Seshpatram sir,

I saw your post in the afternoon and was trying to find out whether any of my mantra/slokam books contain it. I could not. From repeated reading of the slokam, it appears to be a combination of two or more items.Lines 1,3 and 5 appear like vedamantras, especially the last line.

My uncle has taught me a combined mantra of mahamrityunjaya and another (I don't know its name) and told me that such combined mantras should be kept very secret and not divulged to anyone. I recite it everyday. If this slokam is of the same type, perhaps, writing it openly has taken away its usefulness. Kindly consult some knowledgeable pundit.

Special Mantra

Shri Sarma Sir,

What is this special combined mantra that you speak of. You have mentioned that it has been taught to you by your uncle. What I would like to know is what is the purpose of this mantra that you have learnt. I Would like to know if your uncle will also teach me this mantra ? Are there any special conditions that one has to fulfill to learn such mantras ?

Thanks in Advance

K.Ramachandran Bombay

Shri Sarma Sir,

What is this special combined mantra that you speak of. You have mentioned that it has been taught to you by your uncle. What I would like to know is what is the purpose of this mantra that you have learnt. I Would like to know if your uncle will also teach me this mantra ? Are there any special conditions that one has to fulfill to learn such mantras ?

Thanks in Advance

K.Ramachandran Bombay

Shri Ramachandran,

Shri Sarma-61 seems to me to be a highly infrequent visitor to this site. Hence I thought of giving whatever little I can, on this subject.

I have been taught a combination of the "nakshatra ashtavaakya" and the "mahaa mrityunjaya mantra". I was also told that such mantras (and for that matter, any and all mantras) are to be kept secret and given only to really deserving and eligible people. But today each and every mantra is available in the net and I do not know whether there is any secrecy about any mantra today! But one very ardent devotee of sri (squared) Ravi Shankar told me that the mantra for his 'sudarsana kriya' is secret, I don't know the truth!

I can, therefore, give the "nakshatra ashtavaakya" cum "mahaa mrityunjaya mantra" even now but then what you will be getting is an empty capsule sort of thing without the chemical inside, if you are a "believer"; if you are a non-believer you have no use for it. Is this a catch-22?

Please let me know what can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back