• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kanakdhara stotram - how to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone be so kind and suggest the correct procedure for reciting the Kanakdhara Stotram ?

I have been told the following:
- after 8 pm
- sit anywhere, but facing North-East direction
- have a pink flower and any pink cloth near
- can be recited 5 to 21 times

Another question, I am not sure which version to follow as their are few variations, some have 22 sets of 4 lines each and some have 23 and some only 17 and the order of these lines are different in all.

Please post your ideas and suggestions.

Also, I'd like to add that I am neither Brahmin nor know any Indian language but I feel that I am able to read Sanskrit text of this stotram with accuracy of upto 75% (have been practicing to speak this for long time following some audio files from YouTube)

I want to learn more, in between a spiritual quest and a personal goal, but every person I try to put my faith in has misguided me thus far, extracting money and exploiting my ambition so if any one here would help me on my path in this greater learning, sharing and caring, I would be deeply grateful.

If you are not sure of the advise you would be offering and haven't practiced what you preach then I request you not to reply to this post at all.

Hoping to find someone who could show or lead me in the right direction.

Thank you, all great kindred spirits on this forum, you share valuable knowledge. I don't understand much but I believe at some point in time, I shall be able to.

Shri Phire,

Your humility and forthrightness are so appealing that I felt like expressing it here - despite your request not to respond to people who cannot really help you. I feel that if you are willing to reveal a little more about yourself like where exactly you live and other relevant details which are relevant to your quest I am sure some one or other from the members of this Forum will volunteer to help you gladly.

Would someone be so kind and suggest the correct procedure for reciting the Kanakdhara Stotram ?

I have been told the following:
- after 8 pm
- sit anywhere, but facing North-East direction
- have a pink flower and any pink cloth near
- can be recited 5 to 21 times

Another question, I am not sure which version to follow as their are few variations, some have 22 sets of 4 lines each and some have 23 and some only 17 and the order of these lines are different in all.

Please post your ideas and suggestions.

Also, I'd like to add that I am neither Brahmin nor know any Indian language but I feel that I am able to read Sanskrit text of this stotram with accuracy of upto 75% (have been practicing to speak this for long time following some audio files from YouTube)

I want to learn more, in between a spiritual quest and a personal goal, but every person I try to put my faith in has misguided me thus far, extracting money and exploiting my ambition so if any one here would help me on my path in this greater learning, sharing and caring, I would be deeply grateful.

If you are not sure of the advise you would be offering and haven't practiced what you preach then I request you not to reply to this post at all.

Hoping to find someone who could show or lead me in the right direction.

Thank you, all great kindred spirits on this forum, you share valuable knowledge. I don't understand much but I believe at some point in time, I shall be able to.

Shri Phire,

Of course you can recite it any time till the end of the evening sandhya, starting from Braahma muhurtam early morning, (according to general custom among Brahmans) sit facing east, create an atmosphere comfortable to you according to your upbringing and culture and recite the stotram in low tone, not in a hurry, and perhaps you will feel the satisfaction of having done some good and auspicious work.

Note:

If this goes against your guidelines, kindly forget it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back