• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ashvattha Tree in 15 th Chapter GITA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to receive your sent to me " Birthday Greetings."
I am a Spiritualist and I believe that 'Tamil Bhasha' and culture has many secrets of Vedic or sanatan Dharma spirituality concepts,which deserve to be rediscovered.Genetically bestowed by Nature ,it must have enabled Tamil Born Individuals with some skills of Sadhana ,Upasana to unravel Vedic Truths.The rituals are some openings.
Why Ashvatha Tree is used as a symbol in 15 th Addhyaya (Chapter) in Bhagvad Gita by Rishi Vyasa?Taproots of this tree look upwards towards the SKY -(Aakash)?
Would some one like to react?

(Sane Yeshwant)
E-Mail:[email protected]
3-3-2011

Hello Saneyr Sir,
It could be also due to the reason that Aswatha tree brances out widely,spreading a larger area.Similarly the samsaara brances out widely with larger athmaas as pul,poondu,vilangu,manithan,thevan etc.The root is ofcourse Sri krishna and not seeable like the moola of Aswatha, the chaka(branches)are interlined and spread throught like the samsara.
alwan

The Vedic truths have to be realized by interpreting its symbolic representation in the Prakriti. Agama Shastra enables human intellect and consciousness to realize these truths. Vedic truths were lost for human life after the famous Himalayan Pralaya. [referred to in the Hebrew mythology as Nohas Ark (The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain; the story of Noah and the flood is told in the Book of Genesis] this is also supported by this thesis scientifically accepted in the book “earth in upheaval” culminating in “Continental drift”-A. geological phenomena.

All this has materialistic understanding for the human consciousness. But, the retrieved Vedic knowledge of the cosmic life truths have to depend upon the secondary samhita compiled by the team of Rishis Veda by Rishi Vyasa. Interpretation by Sayanacharya is ritualistic and challenged and improved by swami Dayananda of Arya Samaj and Mahayogi Aurobindo from Pondicherry vide his book “the secret in Veda and other writings.
But, the present thought has come from Margaret Chatterjee from her book “spirituality” [is not available with me now, I rely on memory]. She had raised the question, “why. is it that the Vedic literature often quotes the names of the two trees viz Nyagrodh and Ashvatha?”. She answers thus that the roots of the former turn towards this Earth ,while the later has its roots turning sky wards as taproots. According to her the Vedic scriptures intend to suggest to the mortal earthly humanity{embodied consciousness) ,the linking of manifest and Unmanifest worlds as Vyakta and Avyakta of the Purushasukta.
I would like to be enlightened on this phenomenon.
Thank you very much for your interest.

(Yeshwant Sane)
Shri.Yeshwant R.Sane
B.E. (Civil), F.I.V., F.I.S., R.I.C.S. (Lond),
Retd.Estate Manager, Bombay Port Trust, Mumbai,
Visiting faculty Member -Sardar Patel University,
Vallabh Vidyanagar, -388120,Gujarat State, India.,
Trustee- Valuation Study Center,Vileparle,Mumbai,
Ex-Trustee Granthali, Trustee- Brahman Shikshan Mandal, Thane,
President-Thane Nagar Wachan Mandir,
President, Spiritual Science Center, Thane.
Res: -Sonal Apartment,Chintamani Jewelers Square Near Saraswat Bank, above Gokhale Hall, Agiary Lane,
THANE (West)-400601, India
Tel: - 91-022-25368450
Mobile:9004051847
E-Mail: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back