Tamil Brahmins
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    you have to give dakshina to a priest along with coconut betels, betelnut, plantain fruit without dakshinai what ever you do is waste. . I have given all the manthras for seemantham in the sticky thread in gthe rituals, ceremonies and poojas; you have to do naanthi sraaththam, and paalikai theliththal , etc; Ladies are not eligible to recite veda manthras. have them in your audio cd and let some priest tell veda manthras in your cd. and then you can pour water on your head.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Sir.

I am from Malaysia and I am 5 months pregnant. I have a few doubts on the rituals of seemantham. Ill write it down in point form so that it will be easier for you to identify and reply me accordingly.

1. Is the pregnant mother herself is allowed to do the rituals such as kalasa staphana...ganesha pooja and the kalasa pooja without a priest. As we do not conduct udagasanthi prayers in malayalees culture.
    2. If i am invoking lord ganesh into the kalasha...can i bath with the kalasha water after that. how do i go about the pooja after kalasha stapana? (udagasanthi japam will be played in audio version during the rituals)
    3. what do i do with the coconut and also the other items from the kalash and the ritual after the rituals?

We have planned to do it around october during my 7th month. please enlighten me as soon as possible. (p.s.: i do know how to recite mantras and i do it quite often at home)

Thank you.
    SHAMALA SIVAKUMAR
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Respected Sir,
    Seemantham is explained well. Thank you very much.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sir,
    I would like to know whether there are rules for the number of bangles for valai kappu function. In one hand odd number of bangles and in the other even no. If so, could you please enlighten me. Thank you
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear kgopalan sir.

whether a pregnant woman can wear new clothes during festivals. kindly advice.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    pregnant woman can wear new clothes during festivals. there is no wrong in it.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9868836164 View Post
    Sir,
    I would like to know whether there are rules for the number of bangles for valai kappu function. In one hand odd number of bangles and in the other even no. If so, could you please enlighten me. Thank you
    on both hands bangles should be in odd number, counting including the neem leave stem bangle.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    dear sir/madam, We have to perform pumsavana seemantham of my son/ daughter in law in Kanpur on 1st of July for which we need services of an iyer priest. Kindly let me know if some one is available.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Could you please tell me which month we should conduct valaikappu and seemandham. Is it not on odd months, like 5th month, 7th month or 9th month.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Only in even months 4,6,8.months.seemantham should be done.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345