• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

There are two main sources of acuquiring knowledge. One is intuition and the other is deduction. In most of the cases it is actually a mixture of both. Intuition can be viewed as a number of deductions which I think are grasped holistically.

The limitations or step by step progress of Science is more due to its philosophy than to anything else. Every scientist has intuition but since it needs to be physically verifiable the correctness of his theory cannot be verified beyond a certain point.

As scientific knowledge progresses I think the physical verifiability requirement will more and more give way to inferencing or mental verification. We already have the examples of Relativity theory and Quantum mechanics which have predicted counter intuitive results or results which defy our understanding of reality.

The concepts such as relativity of space and time and wave particle duality are novel and bizarre concepts that remains to be integrated with prior scientific knowledge So with progess , science will be altered more and more at the fundamental level and my guess is, finally we will see the confluence of the two different routes.

Last edited:
There are two main sources of acuquiring knowledge. One is intuition and the other is deduction. In most of the cases it is actually a mixture of both. Intuition can be viewed as a number of deductions which I think are grasped holistically.

The limitations or step by step progress of Science is more due to its philosophy than to anything else. Every scientist has intuition but since it needs to be physically verifiable the correctness of his theory cannot be verified beyond a certain point.

As scientific knowledge progresses I think the physical verifiability requirement will more and more give way to inferencing or mental verification. We already have the examples of Relativity theory and Quantum mechanics which have predicted counter intuitive results or results which defy our understanding of reality.

The concepts such as relativity of space and time and wave particle duality are novel and bizarre concepts that remains to be integrated with prior scientific knowledge So with progess , science will be altered more and more at the fundamental level and my guess is, finally we will see the confluence of the two different routes.

A reflective post indeed.

In fact, most of the scientific discoveries come from intuition, just that they are expressed in a rational manner. The benzene ring structure appeared in the dream of the discoverer.

Sri Aurobindo has dealt on this subject.

With regards,
Swami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back