• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Translations

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VPK

The translation of original Sanskrit may ease the understanding, however the true sense and the power of word always remains with Sanskrit text. The effect of sound produced by utterance of sanskrit words can not be translated. The vibrations that reach your inner mind by utterance of sanskrit can not be translated.

I WOULD CERTAINLY LIKE MORE KNOWLEDEABLE PEOPLE TO ADD TO THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ABOVE.

VPK

Hello VPK Sir,
I am not knowledgable person,However my view is as below.
Translations manytimes are made with a Different Interpretations.The original Intent (As given by earlier translators)are changed with new Interpretations.To avoid this simply follow earlier translations.In our traditions the Freedom is there to Interpret differently and different scts ar formed.For example For Bhagavat Gita different Interpretations are given and different sects follow different traditions.
The best thing is to have any translation only with a team of Scholars.But Alas ! No two scholars go together in their views.So we have to live with different Interpretatios,sects,etc.This is with Hinduism.
Alwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back