• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

exact date of thyagaraja aaradhana at thiruvarur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saint sadguru Thygaraja swamy aradhana falls on Monday the 24th Jan.2011,the Pushya Bagula panchami day. I hope the place you mean is Thiruvaiyaru.(you have mentioned Thiruvarur in your post)

Last edited:
Thiagaraja Aaradhanaa

Saint sadguru Thygaraja swamy aradhana falls on Monday the 24th Jan.2011,the Pushya Bagula panchami day. I hope the place you mean is Thiruvaiyaru.(you have mentioned Thiruvarur in your post)
Yes the place is called Thiruvaiyaru 7 miles off Thanjavur or about 20 miles by bus from Kumbakonam. Thiruvarur is Sri Thiagaraja's birthplace (which is down east) and Thiruvaiyaru is where he attained his Samaadhi.

thank you , every musicians dream :) , i meant Thiruvaiyaru sir. Wish i knew Tamil , visiting some temples near by and wanted to know the sthala puranas :(

thank you , every musicians dream :) , i meant Thiruvaiyaru sir. Wish i knew Tamil , visiting some temples near by and wanted to know the sthala puranas :(

Once the Aradhana is over you may visit Navagraha sthalas which are around Thanjavur,You may hire a taxi and have darshan of Navagraha murthies.

planning a list of temples to visit , i will upload the places please do guide me, i visited the navagraha sthalas some months back but when in thanjavur well raja raja's kingdom u see.. :) i want to visit every temple in and around thanjavur and kumbakonam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back