• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thought for today!

Did youfind this useful Yes - No

• YES

Votes: 44 88.0%
  • NO.

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters
Learning is a continuous process in life -- it never ends!
I've learned that you can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
- Age 7

I've learned that if you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up.
- Age 13

I've learned that just when I get my room the way I like it, Mom makes me clean it up.
- Age 13

I've learned that although it's hard to admit it, I'm secretly glad my parents are strict with me.
- Age 15

I've learned that silent company is often more healing than words of advice.
- Age 24

I've learned that brushing my child's hair is one of life's great pleasures.
- Age 29

I've learned that there are people who love you dearly but just don't know how to show it.
- Age 41

I've learned that you can make someone's day by simply sending them a little card.
- Age 44

I've learned that children and grandparents are natural allies.
- Age 46

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly when they're not there.
- Age 53

I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
- Age 58

I've learned that if you want to do something positive for your children, try to improve your marriage.
- Age 61

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.
- Age 62

I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.
- Age 65

I've learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision.
- Age 66

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.
- Age 82

I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch, holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.
- Age 85

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
- Age 92

Most people live, whether physically, intellectually or morally, in a very restricted circle of their potential being. They make use of a very small portion of their possible consciousness, and of their soul’s resources in general, much like a man who, out of his whole bodily organism, should get into a habit of using and moving only his little finger.
– William James

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless" --- "There's nothing like the feeling you get when you are kind to someone else...without the slightest expectation of anything in return"

Be A Lighthouse

At times I may be in situations where my life comes to an halt.
My efforts may not bring success.
I might not be able to move ahead in life.

But even then, I would not want to be a motionless statue.
I would prefer to be a lighthouse which is stationary;
but continues to guide ships which are passing along.

:clock:Hello VR,
I am not an English Teacher.Still Iattempt to Answer Your Querry.
The Simple Answer is Everybody wants creat their own Thread without joing in the thread already available.
The other Sad part is Moderators are not going through their Job Meticulously.
Reult is Same Topic with Differnt names just because someone is created the Thread.

Alwan

dear Mr. Alwan,

"The thought of the day" is NOT my thread and yet I never even once hesitated in participating in it.

I had posted 40 of Tamil poems in various other threads in stead of saving them for my own poems thread.

Whatever be the label, the content is the same and the viewers are the same-unless people start avoiding a thread or a person intentionally
icon4.png

Do you agree with me now
icon5.png

Thanks for your reply and with warm regards,
V.R.

Dear Ms. Vislakshi Ramani/Mr. Alwan,

It is not done with a malice intention to be away from the same kind of thread, it was my ignorance that I did not see the ' THOUGHT OF THE DAY' thread; had i seen it I would have posted my "THOUGHT FOR TODAY!' in the same thread; now that I've started a new thread almost of the same nature I feel like continuing with the same.

If this new thread is a disturbance to anybody I feel they should voice their opinion.

Dear Mr. P.R.S,
India is a free country!
You may start as many threads as you like.
If at all, it is Mr. Praveen who will have object.
I just wondered why a fresh thread with an identical name for the same purpose!
You are most welcome to go on posting.
You are not disturbing any one- least of all me!
Good Luck!
with regards,
V.R.

There is already a thread 'Thought of the day'!

Is 'of the day ' different from 'for today'?

Any English teacher in the Forum willing to clarify this point??
:help:

Dear Mrs. VR, from someone who is clueless in matters that involve thinking, I feel, in my own thoughtless way, more thoughts from more avenues surely is beneficial, may be not for you, but for the rest of us, why deprive us of our festivous?

In other words, seriously, let the man have his thread, and let the number of views and responses be the final arbiter, that is the ways of liberal democracies.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest ads

Back