• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

sathyanarayana pooja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy one book vradha pooja vidhanam published by lifco and available with giri trading .com Sathya narayana pooja details are there in that book. It must be done on full moon day every month. Feel free to ask me any doubts.

thank u for replying.
i hv that book with me. we hv to wear "madi vasthram" on that day? we r doing in the eve. so how can we keep ourselves clean and do that pooja with aasaram. i want details if we don't get real flowers then can we use silver flowers which we use for ashtotharam?

uma bala

Silver flowers are more powerful than real flowers. You can use silver flowers for astothram archanai. Sathya narayana pooja must be done only in the evening. You have to take bath in the evening before starting pooja and wear madi vasthram..you need not wear madi vasthram the whole day. you have to take bath in the morning and observe fasting. fasting is not starvation. you can take milk;coffee;tea; fruits; sathumaavu=fry wheat or raw rice in a pan powder it using your Mixie add some milk and sugar or jaggary. you can take this sathumaavu during day time Also you can take greengram dhall and jaggary payasam. But you should not take curd or buttermilk on fasting days. For neivedhyam wheat rava kesari; fry wheat on adry pan and powder it add milk;cardamom;ghee;and jaggary or sugar mix it well and use nthis for neivedhyam. You must study the 5 chapters story.

Sathyanarayana astothra satha namavali is available with me, If you want to do archana with this astyothram you please inform me I will type it .

thank u sir

In my young age my neighbour used to do this pooja and give one tray full of all fruits and sweet as neivedyam. so is there any rule that we should offer all fruits is there any count that we should offer 9 fruits or something like that?

whether can we call our friends who is not madi for this pooja or just watch from far and get the prasad later?

do we hv to make homam for this?

No homam is required for this. You can call all your friends to attend thi pooja. No madi is needed for them. Approximately 3 feet away they can sit and watch the pooja ; they can recite astothra namavali along with you after the pooja is over they must take prasadam and go to their places.

Prasadam depends upon the individual financial status. All poor class and rich class people are same to God. No count for neivedyam for this pooja. You may prepare variety rice= coconut rice; lemon rice; curd rice; sakkarai pongal and distribute them to all the participants; Also the participants can come to your house with different kinds of fruits for neivedyam. After neivedhyam these f ruits must be distributed to all the participants.

You can also give along with prasadam Blousebit; bangles; manjal; kumkumam; Mirror; comb; coconut;thamboolam; eyetex;mehandhi to sumangalis; All are depends upon the financial status.

pooka

thank u fr the info.

i checked with viradha pooja vidhanam. they hv not given ashtotharam sadha namavali. hence i now request u to just give that if possible here to enable me to start with.

Last edited:
hi uma,
check new sampradraday vrata puja vidananam in tamil from giri books...i got the book .it costs abt Rs 255/- ..it has detail with asthothara

satha nama puja......its latest edition with proper tamil explanation.....

regards
tbs

SRI SATHYANARAYANA ASTOTHRA SATHA NAMAVALI. A
AUm sri sathya devaya namaha;
sathyathmane namaha sathya jyestaaya sathya dhanuthartharaaya sathya pushkaraaya
sathya sreshtaaya sathyam bhujaaya sathya dhrudaaya
sathya boothaaya sathya vikranemi sathya vaakyaaya sathya baamaarathaaya
sathya purushaya sathya thanvinea sathya guruvae sathya graharoopinae
sathya natha ya sathya medhaaye sathya gyaayaaya
sathya saakshine sathya deesaaya sathya saakshinae sathya praharanaayudhaayae
sathya yogaaya sathya kradhavea sathya samvrudhaaya sathya naaraayana
sathya gnaayaya sathya kaalaaya sathya sambradhaaya devathaaya namaha
sathya gnana priyaya sathya vathsalaaya sathya vahnayae
sathya nidhayea sathya vasavea sathya vaayavae
sathya rudhraaya sathya meghaaya sathya meghaaya
sathya sambhavaaya sathya brahmanae sathya sikaraaya s sathyaamruthaaya sathya prabhavaaya sathyaanandhaya
sathya yeswaraayea sathya vedhangaaya sathyaadhirajaaya
sathya karminea sathya chathuraathmanae sathya sreepaadhaaya
sathya pavithraaya sathya bhokthrae sathya guhyaaya
sathya mangalaaya sathya suchayae sathyodharaaya
sathya garbhaaya sathyaarchithaaya
sathya hrudhayaaya sathya indhraaya sathya prajaapathayae
sathya vikramaaya sathya shankaraaya sathya kamalaaya
sathya siddhaaya sathya swargaaya sathya hasthaaya
sathya archudhaya sathya niyamaaya sathya naalaaya
sathya veeraaya sathya vedhaaya sathya bhaanavae
sathya vedhyaaya sathya mukhaaya
sathya bodhaaya sath ya peeyushaaya sathya jihvaaya
sathya dharmaaya sathya maayaaya sathya dhamstraayaa
sathya krajaaya sathya meghaaya sathya naasikaaya
sathya samthustaaya sathya suraanandhanaaya sathya shrothraaya
sathya varaahaaya sathya saagaraaya sathya sakshushae
sathya paraayanaaya sathya thapasae sathya sirasae
sathya poonaaya sathya simhaaya sathya makudaaya
sathya aushadhaaya sathya mrugaaya sathyaambharaaya
sathya saasvadhaaya sathya lokapaalaya sathyaabharanaaya
sathya pravardhanaaya sathya sthiraaya sathyaayudhaaya
sathya vibhavaaya sathyaaushadhaye sathya sri vallabhaaya sathya dighpaalayae sathya gupthaaya

Add om sri in the begining and namaha in the end. Each one is begining with sathya first. Required samaan list for sathya naarayana pooja. coconut;betel;betelnut;turmeric;santhanam;kumkumam;turmeric powder; raw rice; akshadai;thodutha flower; udhiri flowers ; kuthu vilakku; oil; thiri; match box;kola maavu;camphor;saambraani;scented sticks; thulasi;nuni plantain leaf; mangoleaf bunch;brass sombu; thaambaalam;panchapathra uthirini;karpoora haarathi utensil;bell;deepam showing utensil; milk and honey in a cup;nava dhaanyam container for navadhaanyam (dhonnai).

Navadhaanyam=suryan=wheat;chandran=rawrice;sevvai=toordhall;budhan=greengram;guru=kondai kadalai;sukran=mochhai;sani=ellu=gingilly seeds; rahu=black gram; kethu=horse gram; each 50 grams or 100 grams is enough; keep then in 9 dhonnai with thaamboolam for each dhonnai and fruit for neivedhyam for each graham; No. 10 nool kandu cardamum; saffron;pachhai kalpooram; vilamichai ver;shenbaga mokku;

for 8 dik paalakarkal keep in 8 directions thaamboolam and fruit and manjal ;aavaahanam and pooja.
In the sombu( one litre capacity) tie the thread in the sombu;(no.10 nool kandu);; add elakkai powder; kumkumapoo; pachaikalpooram powder;vettiver or vilaamichai ver;Add water in the sombu;put turmeric powdered coconut and mangoleaf bunch on the sombu;

Aachamanam;;bell pooja; Ganapathy pooja;Sankalpam;kalasa pooja;sanku pooja;aathma pooja; peetam pooja;=aasana pooja;guru dhyaanam;praana prathistai; pancha loka paala pooja=ganapathy;Brahma; Vishnu:shiva; Gowri;Navagraha pooja; ashta dik paalakargal =Indran; agni;yaman;nirruthi;varunan;vaayu; kuberan;eesaanan;; sathya naarayana 16 upachaara pooja;anga pooja; naamaavali archanai;doopam; deepam neivedhyam;camphor aarthi;praarthana; pradakshinam;namaskaaram;milk argyam;5 chapter story reading; prasadam viniyogam;aarthi.

Silver flowers are more powerful than real flowers. You can use silver flowers for astothram archanai. Sathya narayana pooja must be done only in the evening. You have to take bath in the evening before starting pooja and wear madi vasthram..you need not wear madi vasthram the whole day. you have to take bath in the morning and observe fasting. fasting is not starvation. you can take milk;coffee;tea; fruits; sathumaavu=fry wheat or raw rice in a pan powder it using your Mixie add some milk and sugar or jaggary. you can take this sathumaavu during day time Also you can take greengram dhall and jaggary payasam. But you should not take curd or buttermilk on fasting days. For neivedhyam wheat rava kesari; fry wheat on adry pan and powder it add milk;cardamom;ghee;and jaggary or sugar mix it well and use nthis for neivedhyam. You must study the 5 chapters story.

Sathyanarayana astothra satha namavali is available with me, If you want to do archana with this astyothram you please inform me I will type it .

I am getting nervous. We live in South Africa. We started performing this pooja from last year on Full Moon day (evening) every month. But we eat normal, I do NOT take bath in the evening nor do I wear 'madi vastram'. I am afriad we are not doing the pooja in the right earnest. Are fasting and madi a must? We follow the instructions given in Virada Pooja Vidhanam and use silver flowers, tulasi and natural flowers.

Loka samasta sukhino bavantu.

Last edited:
namaskarams gopalan sir
i am really very grateful to you for the detailed notes and ashtothram which u hv given. I really wonder how much valuable time and energy required to do this. I will surely follow your instructions and do the pooja soon. I may not get most of the items u hv written like chombu, fresh flowers,etc. hence, can I alternate these things with akshada and silver sombu? I shall try to get maximum things possible.(living in saudi u know).
hopefully i shall do it when I go back to India once.

uma bala.

haridas siva sir, From 19-01-2011 you may do with fasting and madi vastram. Only the bakthi and sraddhai is important. these things are not important. Only your bakthi and sraddhai made you now to add these things also from next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back