• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General

Status
Not open for further replies.
By doing the daily rituals like sandhyavandanam atleast twice a day, can anyone come out of the bad placement of planets in horoscope or the so called peyarchi's of Guru or sani.

Please clarify.

Reg,
G.Kannan
Shri Kannan,

The traditional reply to your query will be "NO", because sandhyaAvandanam is a duty which is to be performed by every brahmin (kshatriya and vaisya also, according to the smritis).

The nine planets or, rather, the planets and their "dosham" were unknown in the times of the vedas. This is a later import into our belief system. As one who has spent some time in understanding astrology and its relevance, my view is that the (nine) planets by themselves are innocent of any crime for our sufferings. It is like holding the hands of a clock as the culprits for our morning rush to the office; the hands of the clock just indicate and it is we ourselves who are to be blamed for all the problems. But because of the gullibility of the masses and the psychology of people which gives them some self-confidence to face the difficulties with the feeling of assurance gained from doing various 'parihAram', the navagraha bhakti industry is now growing to unprecedented heights.

One very popular TV astrologer once told frankly that good times as well as bad times have their duration, sometimes very short, sometimes quite long; these will come and go as per their law. But during bad periods, when an astrologer prescribes some pooja or temple visit for a certain period, it only means that the bad time is likely to last for that long, and nothing more.

Peyarchis have now become yet another very great money-making theme for various vested interests. Peyarchis also forbode ill or well for different people. Since nobody wants to face any difficulty in life, people are willing to shell out huge amounts for prropitiating Guru, Sani, Rahu/Ketu, so that they won't have to suffer any problem at all. In actual life they may yet face troubles. But the psychology of having done parihAram gives them the courage to bear with the troubles.

One story is relevant here. A devout person got into a serious car accident. He escaped death but the entire body, save the little finger in one hand, was in bandages. When he regained his consciousness and understood his position he remarked, "God is great and merciful. See he has saved this little finger unhurt, so that I may be able to indicate when I want to pass urine!!"

Interesting

1) SandhyaA vandanam is a duty which is to be performed by every Brahmin (Kshatriya and Vaisya also, according to the Smritis).

2) The 9 planets by themselves are innocent of any crime for our sufferings. It is we ourselves who are to be blamed for all the problems.

Hmmm.......

One story is relevant here. A devout person got into a serious car accident. He escaped death but the entire body, except the little finger in one hand, was in bandages. When he regained his consciousness and understood his position he remarked, "God is great and merciful. See he has saved this little finger unhurt, so that I may be able to indicate when I want to pass urine!!"

:)

The gullibility of the masses and the psychology of people which gives them some self-confidence/Courage to face the difficulties/Troubles (In actual life they may still face troubles) with the feeling of assurance gained from doing various 'parihAram', the navagraha bhakti industry is now growing to unprecedented heights. In actual life they may still face troubles.

That Navagraha and ParihAram Industry also includes the Jothidar especially those yaedu padikaravan who reads oLai chuvadi(also known as katta viral josiam). Its useless waste of time. He told my mother when I was struggling that your son was a brahmin priest in ancient times and didn't let poor persons study so he is struggling. I told amma this is a useless and trash. But her eyes were wearing a Superstition Spex which she mistook for religion. I even tried to convince her that let me go to Marina Beech and Watch Ultimate Superstar Thala Ajit Kumar Movie, I would feel great. But she had none of it. For this he took 2000 Rs. and told the parihArams that we have to go to this this kovils etc. One was Saraswati kovil in chennai rest I forgot.
My struggle only I changed my attitude not because of these useless ParihArams.

Last edited:
Shri Kannan,

I have heard learned elders telling this: There is some thing called jaayamaana kadaaksham. It appears this refers to the kadaaksham by tapasvis, learned elders, teachers, noble souls etc at the time of birth of a child. It includes the navagrahas also. But navagrahas being subservient to the omnipotent God, if you are devout and pray to God whenever you find yourself in a helpless situation, the navagrahas will have no influence on the course of events. Elders say the jaayamaana kadaaksham determines the course of events in your life to a great extent. More than this , to give any kind of importance to stars, navagrahas and doing preethis, prayachittam, pariharam etc. etc may be out of ignorance and out of the fear of the unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back