Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Christian Evangelism & Conversion Among Brahmins

0 Not allowed!
    Like most other people, Brahmins also seem to think that there is danger only from Islamic terrorism, but in reality Christian evangelism is as bad as Islamic terrorism. I know at least a dozen Brahmins in Madras & elsewhere, all educated and well-to-do, who have been converted to Christianity in the last decade. Everyone knows that most private tv channels in different Indian languages telecast daily (especially in the mornings) Christian propaganda programmes which do influence people who are in trouble & who think desperately, "ethai thindral pitham theliyum ?". If you watch something daily there is a likelihood of your getting influenced by that. The evangelists, both Indian and western, talk about miracles being performed by Jesus Christ even today and the tv viewers are tempted. Some of them fall into the trap of the evangelists & embrace Christianity. In the 16th & 17th centuries, Roman Catholic Jesuit priests like ROBERT DE NOBILI tried hard to convert the Tamil Brahmins to christianity. Details of this can be found in the Tamil book "KRITHAVAMUM SAATHIYUM" (Christianity & Caste) published by KAALACHUVADU PATHIPPAGAM, Nagarkoil, Kanyakumari Dt.
    I would like members to discuss: a) The danger of Brahmins converting to Christianity; & b) Whether miracles do happen in Christianity or whether it is all a hoax. This topic vitally affects not only Brahmins but all Hindus.
    Last edited by KAUNDINYA; 14-06-2006 at 05:39 PM.
    shuddhi Guest

0 Not allowed!
    The activities of these conversion experts are in fact done with direct support in the form of money and kind from the Vatican itself. It has also become easy with our head of state(I mean the "real" head of state) enthusiatically making things more benign to such activities. The hidden agenda they have to eradicate hinduism from the face of the Earth and implement their religion which is merely 2000 years old is deplorable and heart-wrenching. I hope Lord Krishna takes his avatar now and destroys these evils!

To clear any misconception, I am not against christians in general nor against any converts who converted out of their own volition(with zero influence from the outside and just through mere pro-active self-education).

I wonder why Hindus do not do he same conversion? I know its not even valid in our scriptures, but looking at it in a political way and accounting for the intricacies of today's evils, why cant we all relax some rules and do a reverse conversion? Only if we do this wth double the zeal of these mongrels can we succeed in ending this evil. we should hit them hard in the eye.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    The real culprit now is not the Roman Catholic Church or the Vatican. They stopped mass conversions long ago. It is evangelical christians from the
    U.S.A. and their Indian collaborators who are responsible for the aggressive evangelism. The Pentecostal Church, the Seventh Day Adventists, the Assemblies of God Church, the United Church of God, etc., fall under this group. It is a pity that the present President of the U.S.A. George W. Bush is a christian fundamentalist. He belongs to a group called "Born Again Christians", but he is not a true christian. Had he been one, he would have forgiven Osama bin Laden. Further he would not have invaded Iraq for the sake of oil. Previously U.S. aid to third world countries like India used to be sent to service organisations directly. But as soon as G.W.Bush became the President of the U.S.A., he ordered that aid to third world countries be routed through christian evangelical organisations. THERE IS A WEBSITE CALLED "WWW.CHRISTIANAGGRESSION.ORG" WHICH I RECOMMEND TO EVERY MEMBER. George W. Bush is the enemy of not only Arabs & Muslims, he is also the enemy of all non-Christians like Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, Sikhs & Parsis. As for reconversion of Christians to Hinduism, this is already being done by Hindu organisations such as the R.S.S., V.H.P., etc.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    rsridhar Guest

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with u all. US is a strong supporter and activist behind the scene of conversion. But here i insist that who ever converted were not true hindus, upto me. Hindusm is the only religion, upto me, which has no restrictions like other religions has. Hinduism survived this many years after several wars and several convertion because of its own nature. Those who don't believe themselves will convert to other religion. I strongly condemn those people who stage some drama called 'parisutha aavi ezhupudhal kootam', they are using the hindu names even after the person's convertion. Iam proud to say that me and my friends are generous enough to respect other religion and against convertion to other religion. somebody earlier said 'manam maruvor madham marattum'. its true, isint'd.

everyone pls post your views.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    Sign in

Web Images Groups News Froogle Maps more »
    Advanced Search
    Preferences

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 4,950,000 for 10/40 WINDOW. (0.33 seconds)

Window of Opportunity
    Explains the "10/40 window" missions strategy and ways Christians can participate in sharing the Gospel with these unreached populations.
    www.1040window.org/ - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

AD2000 10/40 Window Overview
    Full text and graphics of The 10/40 Window - Getting to the Core of the Core brochure · List of Countries in the 10/40 Window · Graphic of Least Evangelized ...
    www.ad2000.org/1040ovr.htm - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

AD2000 10/40 Window Overview
    That effort, which also occurred in the heart of The 10/40 Window, ... 10/40 Window Facts: An astonishing 97% of the persons who inhabit the least ...
    www.ad2000.org/1040broc.htm - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.ad2000.org ]

Christian missions: 10/40 window map and explanation
    The task remaining: Click on red 10/40 window area of this world map for staggering statistics. world map, 10/40 window map where unreached peoples live ...
    home.snu.edu/~hculbert/1040.htm - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

Window International Network - WIN Home Page
    Church in the 10/40 Window Two-year initiative Oct 2005 - Sep 2007 ... WINDOWKIDS 10/40 Window Study for Kids - Middle East Section. SEND ME YOUR NEWSLETTER ...
    www.win1040.com/ - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

World Mission: 10/40 Window
    Of the top 50 cities on this list, all 50 cities are in the 10/40 Window . ... On average, people living in the 10/40 Window exist on less than $500 per ...
    www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~samkong/mission/1040.php - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

10/40 Window OHT Set
    The 10/40 Window (overview); The 52 Least Evangelized Countries ... Miniature images of the maps and graphs in the 10/40 Window set are shown below; ...
    www.gmi.org/products/1040.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

10-40 Window
    The 10/40 Window is a rectangular-shaped area extending from West Africa to East ... Most of the 10/40 Window nations are closed to western missionaries. ...
    www.thinkwow.com/surgeup/10-40_window.htm - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

TIME: The 10/40 Window
    QUICK LINKS: Cover Story | Map: The 10/40 Window | Photos: Perilous Missions | A Starring Role for Jesus | Back to TIME.com Home ...
    www.time.com/time/covers/1101030630/map/ - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

10/40 Window - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The 10/40 Window refers to the Eastern Hemisphere (including Africa, Europe, ... Roughly two-thirds of the world population lives in the 10/40 Window. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10/40_Window - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

Try your search again on Google Book Search

Result Page:

Next

Search within results | Language Tools | Search Tips | Dissatisfied? Help us improve

Google Home - Advertising Programs - Business Solutions - About Google

©2
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Christian Fanaticism

0 Not allowed!
    WORLD MISSION

World Religions

Satan has formulated may different religions to keep people from a relationship with Jesus. Some of the religions that are blinding the most number of people from the truth of God in the world today are listed below. Each section will give you a brief review and history of the religion as well as tips for ministering to that particular group of people.

Atheism

Buddhism

Hinduism

Indigenous

Islam

Judaism

Rastafarianism

Taoism

Voodoo

The Real World
    The 10/40 Window
    God's Children
    Life In America
    The Christian World
    Live World Stats

John 3:16
    People Groups
    World Religions
    Countries
    What You Can Do
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    brahmins were probably the only people who did not force others into converting to be accepted.

right from time immemorial, we have embraced others and have been supportive of their causes as well.

unfortunately leaders of other religions decided to force the people into conversions in order to boost their numbers in the senseless thought of strength in numbers.

whereas we always believed in brains

those who lack the courage to face the daily life convert for the sake of short term gains and eventually realize they were better off not converting.
    Contact - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    ashgene Guest

0 Not allowed!
    This is very true and an issue that needs to be addressed. Forced conversion is a big business practised by many organisations. It is unfortunate that a law banning such malific practises has to be withdrawn. I had recently seen some pamplets (old during Kumbmela) distributed by certain organisations asking their agents to ' Preach thoughts from bibles' for people attending the Kumbhmela celebrations as that is the place where millions of diehard hindu devotees attend. The pamplet also provides some strategies for conversion and how to go about it. I also think that the lack of proper guidance into the facets and importance of hindusim and the improper understanding of being what an Hindu is has also added to the effect of conversion being wide spread.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Hindus should convert others into our fold. But the problem is hindus are divided by caste divisions. So converting others into the fold becomes very difficult. So, I am actually working on an organization (nothing launched yet, will be soon) to unify hindus without caste, have a unified hindu concept of prayer and sprituality, where reaching god is not limited to just one caste, one person or one group. Regardless of your origin, your current standing, you will judged only by your devotion to one unified humanity under Reformed Hinduism. This will be a reformed hinduism, where the humane causes and sprituality to the max will be emphasized. We should lose our caste and work together a hinduism for our own sake and future. Until then nothing is gonna happen!. Hinduism without caste! a mono-theistic hinduism as given by the original texts.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Christian evangelism & conversion...

0 Not allowed!
    We want to have the cake and eat it too.
    We talk of stopping conversion from Hinduism to other religions. But at the same time we raise a hue and cry for allowing all caste people to qualify and become archakas. ( Though I , more than100%, agree that the intentions of TN government or MK is anything other than noble)

Some of us want to practise untouchability even today! Some of us want to nurture their superiority complex even today! We will practise all sorts of discrimination and then say there should be no conversions! Are Brahmins the whole-sole authority to protect Hinduism- If so, let us find ways and means to rectify the problems within our religion and create an atmosphere to make everyone stay within -

How much our mutts have contributed to the uplift of Hindus? Yes they have tried a bit but still it is very much insufficient -

We dont give respect to Swamijis of Missionary mutts like Ramaktrishna mission- We don't even consider them as saints - We only respect swamijis who can do pujas and give prsadams- Not the swamijis who serve the society thru education and other services!

So if we want to stop conversions it should be through reforms in our religion- social service and other good work - Not by just crying hoarse about other religions nor by any governmental ordinance or laws!

Views welcome!

Shankar
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast