• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What is the reason for love/ intercaste marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramacchandran

With heavy heart I am presenting a fact here.

For the last couple of days I received four mails from four different mail Ids, that suggested me to visit profiles of few brides. These mails quoted and referred the profile of my son's profile, and said that the horoscope matches well and requesting me to contact the parents of the girls after referring the profile of the bride. (They requested me not to reveal the name of the person)

I saw those profiles and found that the parents were in need of a groom who should be Comp. Engineer and earn Rs 60,000 - 100000 pm.

Then I replied that mail stating that since the parents are inviting proposals from rich grooms only and I don't want to call them., since they prefer only comp.savvy.

For one such mail, I received a reply in an hour stating that her parents are least cared about the wish of the bride who insists that their Sons in law should earn more as her sister married a comp engg and the son in law is in states and her elder sister said not to marry a comp engg. He may earn more but the purpose of marriage itself is thrown out. Her sister has a child that needs her father's love and blinks and cries for it's father.

The salary of the husband is drawn from bank and they go for shopping and feels the absence of their affectionate one.

When I sowed the mail to my wife she read several times and said the body of the girl is in need of a companion, so that she can share her thoughts. Some thoughts are exchangeable only between a husband and wife, and the parents should understand that. They were also once an young couple they must understand the problem of the girl.

The gents normally speaks about sex between them and share their views and is getting out somewhere or the other. But whereas the girls never discusses about family because of shyness.

Today/s cinema shows everything openly and it is natural that the girl at the age of 21 wish to settle/ rest with a boy.

If this continue for an year or two, the girl is attracted towords a boy and she showers love to him resulting in love marriage.

At that time the head of the parent pulled down.

So I feel that it is high time that our community parents of the brides to wake up and see how best they can help their daughters.

With heavy heart I am presenting a fact here.

For the last couple of days I received four mails from four different mail Ids, that suggested me to visit profiles of few brides. These mails quoted and referred the profile of my son's profile, and said that the horoscope matches well and requesting me to contact the parents of the girls after referring the profile of the bride. (They requested me not to reveal the name of the person)

I saw those profiles and found that the parents were in need of a groom who should be Comp. Engineer and earn Rs 60,000 - 100000 pm.

Then I replied that mail stating that since the parents are inviting proposals from rich grooms only and I don't want to call them., since they prefer only comp.savvy.

For one such mail, I received a reply in an hour stating that her parents are least cared about the wish of the bride who insists that their Sons in law should earn more as her sister married a comp engg and the son in law is in states and her elder sister said not to marry a comp engg. He may earn more but the purpose of marriage itself is thrown out. Her sister has a child that needs her father's love and blinks and cries for it's father.

The salary of the husband is drawn from bank and they go for shopping and feels the absence of their affectionate one.

When I sowed the mail to my wife she read several times and said the body of the girl is in need of a companion, so that she can share her thoughts. Some thoughts are exchangeable only between a husband and wife, and the parents should understand that. They were also once an young couple they must understand the problem of the girl.

The gents normally speaks about sex between them and share their views and is getting out somewhere or the other. But whereas the girls never discusses about family because of shyness.

Today/s cinema shows everything openly and it is natural that the girl at the age of 21 wish to settle/ rest with a boy.

If this continue for an year or two, the girl is attracted towords a boy and she showers love to him resulting in love marriage.

At that time the head of the parent pulled down.

So I feel that it is high time that our community parents of the brides to wake up and see how best they can help their daughters.
Shri Ramacchandran,

I fully sympathize with you in your not being able to find a bride for your son.

But there is no easy solution to this problem. The girl's parents who wanted a groom in IT earning not less than Rs.60,000/= p.m. or so are not greedy or unreasonable because, their first daughter having been married to a US-based IT engineer, the second daughter will surely feel bad and create problems for them (parents) in future if they don't find an equally well-placed groom for her. In all probability the elder daughter also would have had no objection for her marriage till she found out that a high-earning IT engineer in the US has to slog if the earnings are to continue. There are some more cases like this "weeping" wife known to me; girl gets married to a US-based, high-earning, boy and thinks that he will be like her father who used to go to office late (govt. service here in India) come from the office early, do many household duties during his office time and then will have more than about 17 hours at home! She gets a child and, being a new-generation girl, finds it tough to manage the child and family there without depending on the husband and then even gets into psychological problems, blaming her husband!

This is like a person wanting to have the cake and eat it too. In one case the parents advised their son-in-law to keep a full-time servant at home to do all the jobs around the house and also look after the kid!!

The second girl who has written to you also will not settle for a boy with low earnings because girls today - esp.TB girls - know that they are very much in demand and can get the best of the bargains. Is she willing to marry your son?

It is like this.
In the first move at the age of 21/22 bride's parents place an ad/ create a profile in a matrimony-site Or the girl herself posts a profile in the site.. Then wait for a prospective groom. With lots of expectation they put and for first couple of weeks expects a reply and check with the mail IDs like a student waiting for a result.

When there is no reply from any one they the parents forgets, but the brides expects. Her friends teasing her and rag her and tells many stories about married life and the expectation of the girl grows. She see the faces of the parents and expects her parents to say a word "we found a match for you". She carefully listen the words that is exchanged between her parents, returns home quickly and check the computer her father might have used. She also see the profiles of the boys and next day discuss about the grooms profile and discuss about them with her friends.

In the office they keep a book that quotes about the horoscope matching and check which are all the horoscope that matches. A print out is taken and a senior girl, who already married takes those HC and meets an astrologer and he refers those HC and he selects few.

The senior girl then calls the groom's parents and inform them that the HC matches and they request them to visit the Girl's profile and contact her parents.

Then the girl returns home quickly and check what her parents are talking. Then no words!

For couple of months she keep quite and on third month she enquire her parents if any alliance has come for matching. The Parents either say, few came but none matched, she wonders if her parents lie.

When she again contact the person who she contacted earlier, gets a reply in negative, she gets a shock.

By the mean time she happens to visit the marriages of her friends and her parents also visit lots of marriages. She also absorb the young couple walk on road in a hand in a glove manner she wish she also among them soon.

This continues and her body longing for a companion, so that it can share so many things with her soul mate, who she thinks will be with her till her last days, who will take care of her.

Now it is one year over! The girl her self calls few grooms parents and ask them to see her profile and contact her parents.

The grooms parents ask who is she and ask about the parents of brides and he feels that the would be sambhandhi is not up to them in social status just rejects the offer.

The friends tease them that she will be the next AVVAIYYAR she gave up and start her move and loves a man who may be from other caste and earns better than her. After six months she marries the man and inform her parents that she married a man who earns as per her father's expectation but from other caste or religion. after six months the parents visit their daughter's house with a white flag, and the Son in law demands that they saved Rs3 lakhs as marriage expanses and ask for that money along with the jewels made for her.

This is what happening in love marriages.

Some six months back I received these type of calls but I preferred that the bride's parents to contact me.

One such instance, A business man from south who settled down in Chennai, has a daughter who approached me and she gave her father's mail ID. and contact no. But I didn't contacted them.

One morning when I visited the temple I kept my cell in the home and at that time the girl made a call and spoke with my wife and requested her to contact her father.

When I returned from the temple my wife insisted me to make a call and I did as a faithful husband. He, the parents of the girl said he will contact me soon. But didn't.

When the girl contacted me after 3 days I handed over the phone to my wife who warned her if she call her again we will approach her father and reveal everything.

After a couple of days we received a call from a friend of her stating that they want to visit our house for an apology and asked for the address. I said no need for that.

To my knowledge, girls particularly Tamil Brahmin girls expects only affection and love from their Husbands and not money. They will save more money and capable of running a family in Rs 5000 per month, and with that she will save at least Rs two hundred.

The requirement of a body is some thing different which can not be controlled by mind and money.

So the love starts when the body needs something different.

From last Monday for 3 days, myself and an astrologer friend of mine wished to take a survey on horoscope matching. We found few girls horoscope with Mars in seventh or eighth place, who said it will not show any Dhosham! We studied their qualification which quoted as she is IT/ highly qualified etc., and analyzed their expectation to see if that will be fulfilled and what the horoscope quotes.

six out of ten the astrologer said, she might have scored first class and holding medals but this will not serve the purpose, in reality she will be having a nerves weakness, and may be having a problem with uterus.She will be anemic and may have blood disorder.

one of the horoscope predicted by the astrologer that she will marry a non brahmin in next three months. Now I kept that number and wanted to absorb how far it will be true.

The birth star which activates the the effect of the Planets in our body, resulting in mature and growth and attain old age, can be shadowed with prayachchiththa for a period of 48 days only but not permanently.

The girls who is conceived after marriage is advised to stay away from computer job till birth and to stay away from computer when she breast feeds the infant as the rays will affect the nerves system of her body.

We have a right to dream but we should not think that will happen blessed by the god.

Let us think positively which has a limit.

When I see around me, i see lots of irregularities among our community people who says "Ignore it". YES we can ignore if it is not affecting our community. But when people speak they say " See that Iyer ponnu, she ran away with an auto driver with whom she was friendly." it affects our name. But for Iyengars also they quote as iyers!

So I appeal our people to see the horoscope if they have faith in it, see if she will get a marriage as per the wish of their parents, (here I mention the parents, because the girl's choice may be something different) and to proceed further.

Avoid unwanted desire!

....The birth star which activates the the effect of the Planets in our body, resulting in mature and growth and attain old age, can be shadowed with prayachchiththa for a period of 48 days only but not permanently.
Of all the problems I have with astrology, this is the part that confounds me the most. Are we all time-stamped at birth in someway that the so called planets like sun, moon, etc., as they move around in space, affect us differently based on this time-stamp? It seems they have the power to help us become IT professionals or artists, or affect us in ways that make us develop cancer, or heart attack, or other health problems including, but not limited to, whether a couple can have children or not.

Oh, what a wonder, these inanimate "planets" can affect our lives in such intimate ways and do so in a customized way, specially charted out and individualized. Even more amazing is, these "planets" can be propitiated and made to alter, or lessen the ill-effects of, the customized future plan that was miraculously charted out for each individual at the instant he/she was born.

Avoid unwanted desire!
I know what you mean, but what you say is so dripping with irony, I am unable to avoid my raging desire to comment. Are there desires that are "unwanted"? What about "wanted" desire, would that be alright? I suppose wanton desire is so obviously out.

Cheers!

I know what you mean, but what you say is so dripping with irony, I am unable to avoid my raging desire to comment. Are there desires that are "unwanted"? What about "wanted" desire, would that be alright? I suppose wanton desire is so obviously out.

Cheers!
Dear Shri Nara,

I find that Shri Ramacchandran has some difficulty in expressing his ideas. That is why I am unable to conclude what exactly he wants to convey and what he wants us to understand and am simply reading his posts.

In the above post he is probably giving us what any usual astrologer would say. According to their parlance all that you say is correct - planets give good and bad results, they can be propitiated and thus their good effects enhanced/ bad effects mitigated and so on.

What Ramacchandran probably wanted to convey by his words "unwanted desire" is IMHO "don't desire for something if it is not indicated in the horoscope; e.g., if one's daughter will marry a NB (love marriage) as per the astrologer, then don't hope for a conventional, arranged marriage with a B boy.

When Industries were started in 1950, the ground/ field was empty and it was easy to build a Industry and Government also encouraged hoping it will give employment to1000s. The officers were loyal and hence Ambani's and Iyengars , iyers able to start an Industry with the help of high society people who assembled at Lions club, Rotary Club etc. Here they discussed business and supported by their faithful Auditors and Industries came in.(They took some gift and not millions of money)

Based on that some fake companies also came, sold shares and vanished in thin air. Here the money making tendency was utilized and the promoters took away all the money and ran away. In 1980 there were five companies which floated shares subscribed by small investers and since it was under subscribed, the promoters instead of returing the money to the invester took the money with the help of Bank officials.(This Is unwanted desire) Instead if the same person stated his Industry he might have won. But he wanted a money to swallow today and not a permanent structure.

To day the brahmin community wish to marry their Daughters/ Sons to rich people and rejects all eligible horoscopes that matches.

I was the one who attended the Naveena Swaymvaram at chennai, where a brahmin young boy/ or his father wept/ cried that even the horoscope matches and I am having a properties that earns my son 23000 a month no girl turned towards us.

There are girls in our society. there is no shortage. but the expectation goes beyond limit.

Whether the parents think of the body needs of their daughter? Yesterdays Kumudam Reporter was flashing a news. I don't want to reproduce them here. The girls are girls. She need affection rather than money. If a boy marries a girl, stay with her for a month and move out to U.S / a foreign country , the girl already tasted the love of the boy and she needs it. She is not a sage to kill her desire of getting love from a male.

But if you see the famous matrimony sites we see lots of profile which states that they are looking for a boy! who earns Rs200,000 per month. I wonder how is that possible.

I also thought that if the girl can spend Rs 200,000 per month, she will be a Spendthrift/ prodigal/ squander, who will damage the entire family.

Even if the boy earn Rs200,000 he will not handover the money to her. At the age of 23, what experience she might be having in managing the finance?

Simultaneously if the girl starts saving money when the boy earn less, and learn how to manage the money and maintain accounts it a welcome one. The lavish spending from a man earns Rs 65000 pm and more is the money thrown in the bin. Suppose if the boy looses his job, or unable to work due to health what the girl will do? since she is loosing the monthly income of Rs 200,000 PM? Will she make some other arrangements that gives her Rs200,000 PM.?

First the elders/ the parents teach a girl how she should be.

I am sure you might have read a news few weeks ago, stating that a maid servant stole money from her employer and ran away There are several stories which reads the husband vanished with the servant maid along with his son , and latter the parents of the man and woman discuss the issue and settles them?

There are few cases in family court which claims that Wife are not caring for husbands and wife says he is not at all coming to house and avoiding her. A lawyer in a court said, the madam wanted money and my clients gives that money to her and the work he engaged needs his attention at least for an year and he can not see his family

What I meant here " give the girl a training how to maintain a family"

I had seen few rich people whose daughter's can not cook and carry out the house hold works. The father of the girl says he will send a cook along with the girl! and pay her the salary. What he forgot was, if the maid is young she will cover the husband and if she is aged one she will fall sick often.

Ok let us come to the other point. will he arrange for a surrogate mother?

So my point is our generation needs some one to discuss and bring the right solution so that our grand sons and grand daughters can stay with affection.

Here I wished to attach a text. Please adv how to attach a doc in PDF

When Industries were started in 1950, the ground/ field was empty and it was easy to build a Industry and Government also encouraged hoping it will give employment to1000s. ....
Based on that some fake companies also came, sold shares and vanished in thin air. Here the money making tendency was utilized and the promoters took away all the money and ran away. In 1980 there were five companies which floated shares subscribed by small investers and since it was under subscribed, the promoters instead of returing the money to the invester took the money with the help of Bank officials.(This Is unwanted desire) Instead if the same person stated his Industry he might have won. But he wanted a money to swallow today and not a permanent structure.
Shri Ramacchandran,

The swindling of money by newly floated companies is just that-swindling, and they would have done it even if the issue was fully/over subscribed. It is "desire" for money for those people behind the venture (!) but to you and me and all those gullible folks who sunk their money into it, it was "unwanted". So, you see, it is not 'unwanted' and 'desire' at the same time for any one of the parties; the problem is that you are trying to mix the two aspects.

To day the brahmin community wish to marry their Daughters/ Sons to rich people and rejects all eligible horoscopes that matches.

I was the one who attended the Naveena Swaymvaram at chennai, where a brahmin young boy/ or his father wept/ cried that even the horoscope matches and I am having a properties that earns my son 23000 a month no girl turned towards us.

There are girls in our society. there is no shortage. but the expectation goes beyond limit.

Whether the parents think of the body needs of their daughter? Yesterdays Kumudam Reporter was flashing a news. I don't want to reproduce them here. The girls are girls. She need affection rather than money. If a boy marries a girl, stay with her for a month and move out to U.S / a foreign country , the girl already tasted the love of the boy and she needs it. She is not a sage to kill her desire of getting love from a male.

But if you see the famous matrimony sites we see lots of profile which states that they are looking for a boy! who earns Rs200,000 per month. I wonder how is that possible.

I also thought that if the girl can spend Rs 200,000 per month, she will be a Spendthrift/ prodigal/ squander, who will damage the entire family.

Even if the boy earn Rs200,000 he will not handover the money to her. At the age of 23, what experience she might be having in managing the finance?

Simultaneously if the girl starts saving money when the boy earn less, and learn how to manage the money and maintain accounts it a welcome one. The lavish spending from a man earns Rs 65000 pm and more is the money thrown in the bin. Suppose if the boy looses his job, or unable to work due to health what the girl will do? since she is loosing the monthly income of Rs 200,000 PM? Will she make some other arrangements that gives her Rs200,000 PM.?

First the elders/ the parents teach a girl how she should be.

I am sure you might have read a news few weeks ago, stating that a maid servant stole money from her employer and ran away There are several stories which reads the husband vanished with the servant maid along with his son , and latter the parents of the man and woman discuss the issue and settles them?

There are few cases in family court which claims that Wife are not caring for husbands and wife says he is not at all coming to house and avoiding her. A lawyer in a court said, the madam wanted money and my clients gives that money to her and the work he engaged needs his attention at least for an year and he can not see his family

What I meant here " give the girl a training how to maintain a family"

I had seen few rich people whose daughter's can not cook and carry out the house hold works. The father of the girl says he will send a cook along with the girl! and pay her the salary. What he forgot was, if the maid is young she will cover the husband and if she is aged one she will fall sick often.

Ok let us come to the other point. will he arrange for a surrogate mother?

So my point is our generation needs some one to discuss and bring the right solution so that our grand sons and grand daughters can stay with affection.

Here I wished to attach a text. Please adv how to attach a doc in PDF
I find that you are out of sync with today's TB world. It is the force of society and an individual or two, or even a small group, cannot do much to stem the course of events. The very parents of TB girls - who are much less in numbers than eligible boys eagerly awaiting their marriage within the TB community itself - have started demanding all sorts of things; but this is exactly the reverse of what the girls' parents had to suffer for a long time and the criticism against dowry and all was then confined to some few well-intentioned social reformers only, whereas now many people seem to be upset and are crying hoarse.

You are probably not aware of the spending capacity of the modern day youngsters; a visit to a classy hotel and lunch for two can take anything from a very modest Rs.1000/= onwards, and many young families make it a routine for more than 10 or 15 days a month. Gifts consume another large chunk; diamonds, platinum, etc., are the in-thing and if a girl does not get such gifts from her husband/lover she feels as if her life itself has gone waste!! Hence, a monthly earning (after tax) of Rs.1,00,000/=is just bare minimum for the yuppie families.

You and I may wail at the way things are going, but it is of no use, I think. TB Boys, if they want to get married, should, first become yuppies; otherwise they should boldly settle for whichever girl - NB, Dalit, Christian, Muslim, Jew, whoever it may be - is willing to marry them, the other legal and healthy alternative being "remain a bachelor throughout life" and take to Sanyasam in the old age if it attracts any one!!

Last edited:
Ok! now let the girls justify why they want that much of amount should be earned by their would be spouse.

Ask her to submit an estimate of the expanses how she plan to spend that amount.

Please find as attached do about who is a woman

Attachments

• Pen.pdf
    85.5 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by a moderator:
The first part of the article was very good. Then it went in a tangent and started sketching out the bio-data of a particular woman, interspersed with our Indian freedom struggle and then described something not so relevant to the topic.

Though the objective was good enough, the digression was more.

I request you to condense your articles in future and stay focused to the topic on hand.

I wrote this article for a forum some time back which wished to honour the woman freedom fighters.

This was written three years back if I recall my memory for a woman's university.

I made the PDF but I am not having the font now.

Since i felt it will serve something , I didn't thought that it was a big mistake.

I am not good at handling comp too.

Just ignore the article if you so desire. (On few paragraphs)

Well, in a free society becoming like ours, the individual's preference is supreme. I doubt parents (of todays girls) have any influence over their daughters. Till 50 years before the girls were problems for parents and today too though in diagonally opposite situations. There is no point in making 'balance sheets'. Thanks to Americanisation, Money is the pivot around which the Mother Earth rotates. Wait for a mid-term incarnation of the Lord to explain whether life is for money or money is for life!

Well, in a free society becoming like ours, the individual's preference is supreme. I doubt parents (of todays girls) have any influence over their daughters. Till 50 years before the girls were problems for parents and today too though in diagonally opposite situations. There is no point in making 'balance sheets'. Thanks to Americanisation, Money is the pivot around which the Mother Earth rotates. Wait for a mid-term incarnation of the Lord to explain whether life is for money or money is for life!

i wonder why american's are being dragged here,if indians have lost their senses in living their lives?

i wonder why american's are being dragged here,if indians have lost their senses in living their lives?
Shri Nachi Naga,

I suppose the word "americanization" does not by itself accuse the Americans of wrong-doing; it also means Indians (or any other people) copying the Americans in many matters. Hence it could be understood as a comment on Indians themselves and their tendency.

Hello Sir, I am not dragging in Americans. But 'Americanisation'; It is against our philosophy of living. They pay you if you produce; if not, you are right on the street. Whereas we here value the whole life of a person which is not money-centric, Americanisation will pay you what you are commercially worth. If you have a spectrum of talents, there you can sell it for money contingent upon their marketability. This is what we are aping to do. Sorry no offence meant to any.

I think in many cases it is the lack of affection from the family or sometimes some family problem is the cause which leads to love marriages.Girls get attracted wherever they find emotional security and love.This i can tell by my own experience.The first ever guy with whom i felt secured,i got attracted.Reason was my totally disturbed family.I think in such a situation one tries to find out a solace or a breathe of fresh air outside n then caste is not a bar!

Shri Nachi Naga,

I suppose the word "americanization" does not by itself accuse the Americans of wrong-doing; it also means Indians (or any other people) copying the Americans in many matters. Hence it could be understood as a comment on Indians themselves and their tendency.

sangom,

isn't pointing to americas,as 'americanisation' brought wealth-equity-technology-comfort etc.this values will not get affected in any way,provided the values was valued in the first place.we only started to wear pants and shirts,discarding dhoti & kurta isn't it?the influence of comfort loving and a desire to change,brought in changes,i feel.

Hello Sir, I am not dragging in Americans. But 'Americanisation'; It is against our philosophy of living. They pay you if you produce; if not, you are right on the street. Whereas we here value the whole life of a person which is not money-centric, Americanisation will pay you what you are commercially worth. If you have a spectrum of talents, there you can sell it for money contingent upon their marketability. This is what we are aping to do. Sorry no offence meant to any.

hello iyyarooran,

what is our philosophy of living?can you define it?thanks.

who is 'they' who will pay when you produce and will not pay,if you do not produce?

living as a global citizen,i am dumbfounded when i read such sweeoing statements.

no sir,i am not offended at all,as i know the truth about american generally.but its many of my indian brothers and sisters,who seem to have a gripe against americanisation which roughly translates good-happy life for me .

I think in many cases it is the lack of affection from the family or sometimes some family problem is the cause which leads to love marriages.Girls get attracted wherever they find emotional security and love.This i can tell by my own experience.The first ever guy with whom i felt secured,i got attracted.Reason was my totally disturbed family.I think in such a situation one tries to find out a solace or a breathe of fresh air outside n then caste is not a bar!

shivani,

love happens.love can never be analysed.its the most satisfying of all human emotions.in our sampradaya,we fall in love with each other every day/night,as we did not sleep before marriage with each other or know each other,and in marriage,two strangers are brought together in holy matrimony.ஆயிரம் காலத்து பயிர் .

Shivani,

In another thread I had advised you to confide your closeness to that man, etc. If, as you say, your family conditions are very disturbing, I will suggest that instead of telling your mother, you insist that your man marry you immediately and that both of you will live separately from either parents. If he drags his feet on this I think it is better for you to decide to leave him (though I feel sad I have to write so.).

sangom,

isn't pointing to americas,as 'americanisation' brought wealth-equity-technology-comfort etc.this values will not get affected in any way,provided the values was valued in the first place.we only started to wear pants and shirts,discarding dhoti & kurta isn't it?the influence of comfort loving and a desire to change,brought in changes,i feel.
Shri Nachi Naga,

As you are probably aware, most people harbour some sort of nostalgia for the past and have fond ideas to re-live those "glorious past days" but with all the later positive sides of life. The "americanization" or "westernization" is a term commonly used by many to indicate the unavoidable changes which had to be accepted in order that the benefits (mostly material) could be enjoyed by us. While these terms are at times used to refer to the imagined harm which the Americans or Western people, as the case may be, have inflicted on the Indian people, by and large it is used to refer to the way our own people (read younger generation) take to the western mores, customs and other matters. When the nostalgia overtakes rational thinking, the idea that our youngsters are going to doom by aping the west/america, surfaces predominantly and gives rise to comments. I think there is no covert or overt insinuation of Americans in Shri Iyyarooran's comment. We all want the material comforts from the west to the maximum but feel sad when our youngsters have to change their life-style as a result. But we almost always forget that the mores have been changing for thousands of years and even such a holy thing of today like the worship of Rama or Krishna would have been unpleasant to a Rigvedic Rishi if he were to suddenly come here today!! So, kindly leave it at that.

sangom,

But we almost always forget that the mores have been changing for thousands of years and even such a holy thing of today like the worship of Rama or Krishna would have been unpleasant to a Rigvedic Rishi if he were to suddenly come here today!! So, kindly leave it at that.

ok.

Thanks for the reply sir. I read your thread today itself. I am trying to find out some middle path now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back