• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Yajur Veda Avani Avittam 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen

Life is a dream
Staff member
Thanks to P.R.Ramachander for this.

You can download it from the attachment below.

In 2010, Avani Avittam is observed on August 24, Tuesday. This ritual is called as Avani Avittam in Tamilnadu and Kerala; and Yajur Upakarma in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.

Attachments

• YajurVediAvaniAvittam.doc
    64 KB · Views: 2,510
Fantastically documented.

I request AUDIO version of this be posted including "Vedarambam". Even if we don't repeat it atlest we can get to hear those on this auspicious day.

Can you please upload it in tamil? Many of the mantras and steps are just given very little. I am assuming this doc is meant for people who are well learnt and practice sandhyavandanam regularly. Am I correct?

please..

Query on Aavani Avittam

IN case their is a death in the family related to same gothra ( I mean Dayathi in Tamil ) can we go to a mutt or a gathering and perform Upakarma and participate in the homam ?

Or just simply change the poonal at home ?

Kindly advise

Dear nnarayan26 If there is a death in the family ie. father mother brother You are not permited to attend a temple and participate in homam etc. But if the death is of dhaythi and not a close sibling you are free to go to temple or mutt. But not within 30 days.

Dear shri narayanan, if the soothakam period is over you can perform avani avittam in the house as the same is the only function for gents. But if it is coming during the period of soothakam you have to do it in the next poornima day. But no gayathiri jabam. For attending temples you have to wait for 30 days (as there is a proverb says "utraarukku oru matham" ie. For the close relation you have to wait for 30 days. This is common rule as heard from the elders..

Respected Sir,

Thanks very much for the guidance

Dear shri narayanan, if the soothakam period is over you can perform avani avittam in the house as the same is the only function for gents. But if it is coming during the period of soothakam you have to do it in the next poornima day. But no gayathiri jabam. For attending temples you have to wait for 30 days (as there is a proverb says "utraarukku oru matham" ie. For the close relation you have to wait for 30 days. This is common rule as heard from the elders..

Respected Sir,

Thanks very much for the guidance

Dear nnarayan26 If there is a death in the family ie. father mother brother You are not permited to attend a temple and participate in homam etc. But if the death is of dhaythi and not a close sibling you are free to go to temple or mutt. But not within 30 days.

Ramesh
Tanzania

Can you post the avani attam matra in tamil from kamkarishi japam , sankalpam , yagno bhavitha darna , kandirishi tharpanam and next day for gayatri japam sankalpam. if posible to me email id given - [email protected]

Last edited:
Dear Sir,

1. Could you send mantra for Kamo karshet Japam and for sankalpam i will go to temple.
2. Could you also send mantra for changing Poonal when it is broken.

Regards,

R.A.KUMAR
New Delhi
[email protected]

thanks.the volume is extremely low :(,but something is better than nothing.appreciate your sincere help.happy avani avittam on august 24 th tuesday,2010.:)

thanks for all those given the information about the Avani Avittam 2010

because if you know of year, which part of six months, which part of two months, which months, which day, on which thithi with which star, it is simple other wise it will tough becuase we have to explorer the above parts.

Dear Sir,

2. Could you also send mantra for changing Poonal when it is broken.

Regards,

R.A.KUMAR
New Delhi

yes you can chant 1.Yagnopa veetha dharana manthra
and little knowledge of year, which part of six months, which part of two months, which months, which day, on which thithi with which star,

you can recite the above mantra when it is torn it is not broken

Dear Sir,

Thanks for quick reply. But there is no mantra for Yagnopa veetha dharana manthra also please explain which part of two months, which months, which day, on which thithi with which star,

Regards,
R.A.KUMAR
[email protected]

Thanking For the wonderful document

Thanking yoy all for a wonderful document... I was thinking this year i would miss the rituals to be performed by a bhramin..Thanks for TAMBRAS....
icon7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back