• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Srardham in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear friends

I plan to bring my parents to Pittsburgh,USA for a few months. But my father is reluctant to come during this time because of srardham for my grandmother. If I bring him here do you know of any good sastrigal who can do the Srardham in a pure vaidhega kramam. No shortcuts.

My father wants to make sure the sastrigal can bring in bhramanas for the serving the food and can do the ritual completely.

Does any know of any sastrigal / Priest in the USA who can do that ?

Thanks
Sundar

It is all a matter of $. If you are ready to spend how many brahmanartha brahmins do you need?

Seriously, call the temples in NY, NJ, Atlanta, or various other cities, and you will have no problem arranging what you need. It will cost you an arm and a leg, but you can arrange what you need.

hi sundar,
try to cantact Sri venkareswara Temple Pittsburgh , PA or SVBF stroutsburgh PA / S V Temple Bridgewater NJ.....go tio google search...
USA hindu temples....even there are some private freelance vadyars in PA/NJ/NY/ MD/VA....

regards
tbs

A monthly tamil magazine by name "THENDRAL" is published in California.This contains the names of all qualified Sastrigals and phone numbers of all South Indian Temples in USA.This may help you in locating a purohit near your place.
During my visit to USA in 2003-2004 We never felt any difficulty in fixing a PUROHIT to perform the
first death anniversary of my wife. The priest In LIVERMORE temple was willing to perform the ceremonies for $1000.Considering the distance from our residence in FREMONT,CA to the temple
We engaged a sastrigal by name "BALU SASTRY FROM SUNNYWALE FOR $2000.The ceremonies were performed for five days at the residence of the sastrigal to our full satisfaction.
B.Krishnamurthy

Many people ay that Srardham or for that matter any pitru karyam involving Homam can not be done outside India. It will have no sanctity. Can any one who knows our sastras well clarify this point?

jnravi

i think purohit is a good profession to practise in the u.s., canada & other foreign countries. one finds that they are able to earn a good living, and since it is all cash transactions, save a bundle on the taxes too ;)

the enterprising purohit wife, also makes sweets and savouries part time. there is big money in these snacks. also big money in caterig.

Many people ay that Srardham or for that matter any pitru karyam involving Homam can not be done outside India. It will have no sanctity. Can any one who knows our sastras well clarify this point?

jnravi
As per our Sastras, crossing the ocean itself is a sin making the person polluted and hence unfit for any religious Karma. Hence all the rituals done by Brahmins residing overseas (even in the Andamans, Srilanka, Lakshadweep or Maldives) will be of no use. So, Sraaddham will also be useless - as per our Sastras, not my view. The person can return to India, do the prescribed "praayaschitta" and then can resume his usual brahminic life.

The second generation brahmins abroad may not be tainted; but I don't think the Sastras address this problem because in those days there was no question of migration and settling down etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back