• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Stress relief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectable members,

I don't know where to post this thread. So, I am parking in this forum, since it deals with music, scenary and songs.

I am workaholic. Presently, I live to work; that bad. I get stress relief from listening to songs, singing songs. Of course, I make sure there are no stones, tomatoes or eggs around; as a rule, I never sing in a grocery store for obvious reasons!:brick:

I like to post the song I mostly listen to, for stress relieving. The singer is Sri.Jayachandran, language is Malayalam. (There are tons of Tamizh songs too. But I am mentioning the song, mostly listened, repeatedly); movie - jalolsavam.

Here is the song (for listening only) - Raaga Jukebox

So, what is this about 'stress relief?'...Well, this same song is uploaded in youtube in 3 different versions (one being the movie song, of course). The scenaries and the vocal combinations are the stress relieving factors. Here they are.....

YouTube - Keralam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt2XOzIFYCw&feature=related

For the members who are interested to watch the movie song....

YouTube - Jalolsavam - Keranirakalaadum

Cheers!

thank you for the lnk to a lovely song, and the comments reg stress relief! one more factor helping the relief, is the raagam chosen and the pattern of music itself. Ramapriya (or, derivative, Saraswathi), appears to be a naturally soothing 'tune'. the lyrics are very good, and alphons joseph's music has capitalised on the lyrics and the settings, producing the overall effect. (compare the same effect you probably derive from the devotional, "muruganai ninai maname....", in Ramapriya, sung by thuraiyur rajagopala sharma, or, madurai krishnan. not able to find any link readily: the second line, from memory, goes, "....oru tharam ninainthidil iru vinai akanthidum...") great stress reliever, music, of all sorts (".....waka waka....", watch that bharath natyam 'adavu'!), including one's own private singing moments, whether in front of the Lord in the PoojaRoom, or, in the bathroom, or in some family/friends get-togethers! -- cheers, rj.

Last edited:
Sri.Kunjuppu said:-

.... though i found the comments below, just as entertaining. in another era, could have come from this very forum, before our current gentrification

Sri.Kunjuppu, Greetings. Current gentrification, eh?!....You are right, such comments coming from this forum would provoke more comments. I am very glad this forum is a forum of getlemen and cultured ladies. In particulr, for a lad born in a North Arcot village, I seem to be posting a bit in Malayalam....bit of a difference, I suppose.

Cheers!

Sri.Kunjuppu said:-

Sri.Kunjuppu, Greetings. Current gentrification, eh?!....You are right, such comments coming from this forum would provoke more comments. I am very glad this forum is a forum of getlemen and cultured ladies. In particulr, for a lad born in a North Arcot village, I seem to be posting a bit in Malayalam....bit of a difference, I suppose.

Cheers!

in case i was not clear, i meant the comments in the youtube by the previous viewers of the video. those would definitely not find a place here, though they were entertaining by themselves, irrespective of the video. in fact the commentors, 'hijacked' the rasika stuff away from the video :)

Respectable members,

Greetings. For some reason, an old song came up in my memory....I could not take it out of my mind...I really liked that song. I am posting it here. I welcome comments from members, please.

YouTube - vaidegi raaman kaiserum kalam

Cheers!

lovely song, thank you for posting! (no reason needed, really: some of these songs merge into your system, lie "minimised", come up on surface now&then.....thank you for sharing!) : rj

lovely song, thank you for posting! (no reason needed, really: some of these songs merge into your system, lie "minimised", come up on surface now&then.....thank you for sharing!) : rj

Sri.Rajuvish,

Greetings. Thanks for your appriciation. I like your comments. Like you say, some of the songs do resurface every now and again at random sequences. Thanks for the comments.

Cheers!

Sri.Rajuvish,

Greetings. Thanks for your appriciation. I like your comments. Like you say, some of the songs do resurface every now and again at random sequences. Thanks for the comments.

Cheers!
i think it's indeed very nice of you to respond to my comment like this: warmest regards, rj.

Those are some really nice songs. This is one of my Jayachandran favourites although I have never watched the film itself, but I grew up listening to my mum playing it on the radio often.

YouTube - Rasathi Unna

Sow. Amala,

Greetings. If this song is one of your mother's favourites, I am sure listening this song would take closer to your mum....you can't ask for more stress relief than that!

Cheers!

"Thennangkeetru solaiyilee" is a very old melodious song sung well by P.B.Srinivos and S.Janaki and composed by the hugely talented and highly undervalued M.B.Srinivasan, who received greater notice in All India Radio as a composer of "Sernthisai". Thanks for posting. I have another favourite: "Thookamun Kangalaith Thazhuvattumee" by S. Janaki, film Aalayamani, composer Viswanathan Ramamurthy!
http://player.raag.fm/player/?browser=flash&pick[]=208121alayamani

"Thennangkeetru solaiyilee" is a very old melodious song sung well by P.B.Srinivos and S.Janaki and composed by the hugely talented and highly undervalued M.B.Srinivasan, who received greater notice in All India Radio as a composer of "Sernthisai". Thanks for posting. I have another favourite: "Thookamun Kangalaith Thazhuvattumee" by S. Janaki, film Aalayamani, composer Viswanathan Ramamurthy!
http://player.raag.fm/player/?browser=flash&pick[]=208121alayamani

Sri.Kahanam,

Greetings. Yes, that is a great song. That is one more song often played late at nights when I was young. Thanks you.

By the way, the link you posted is not working. I thought of posting it for you, hope you don't mind.

Raaga Jukebox

Cheers!

If I am right, 'Thennamkeetru Solaiyile' song was written by writer Jayakanthan, for the film 'Paadhai Theriyudhu Paar'.

The second song 'Thookamun Kangalaith Thazhuvattume' was written by Kannadasan.

If I am right, 'Thennamkeetru Solaiyile' song was written by writer Jayakanthan, for the film 'Paadhai Theriyudhu Paar'....

Sri.Pannvalan Sir,

You are right. Composer of that song was Sri.Jayakanthan. Music composer was Sri.M.B.Srinivasan. Yes, the movie is 'Padhai theruyudhu paar'.

Cheers!

Those are some really nice songs. This is one of my Jayachandran favourites although I have never watched the film itself, but I grew up listening to my mum playing it on the radio often.

YouTube - Rasathi Unna

Dear Amala,

"Rasaathi Unnai Kannatha Nenju Kaathaadi Pol Aadathu", is one of my favorite songs. The lyrics, the music and the notes of the song is great..

This song seems to be the song in the heart of every eligible bachelors, especially 30 plus, looking out for a life partner...Lol..

Would like to share with you all here one of the best songs of SPB and Janaki - "Sippi Irukkudu". Here Sridevi challenges Kamal with her tunes for him to make lyrics out of it, by which Kamal gets a chance to express his heart feelings to her, to know. The music and the lyrics are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiW8qxUrzZ8

Chi.Ravi,

Greetings.
"Sippi Irukkudu". Here Sridevi challenges Kamal with her tunes for him to make lyrics out of it, by which Kamal gets a chance to express his heart feelings to her, to know. The music and the lyrics are awesome.
That was a great song. I was seeking for that song last year and was listening to it. One of the ever-green greats.

Cheers!

Respectable members,

greetings. Our village was situated few kilometers away from Chennai - Bangalore road/rail. During the night time, in the late hours, mainly while attending guard duties in the farm, I could always hear the train stopping and pulling from the near by junction; the sound of trucks going on the highway along with the sounds of the night. In such atmosphere, it was always nice to listen to good songs. I always listened to the following song with a smile...Kannadasan was a genious...He set up the whole song with questions, but no need foor any answers!..This song is a great stess reliever as of today.

YouTube - 'Pani illadha margazhiya...' from 'Ananda Jyothi'

Cheers!

Last edited:
Respectable members,

Greetings. I lived in a village. The custom in the village is, for every fuction, there will be music, songs...even for death, there is music..வர்ணனை songs and ஒப்பாரி. For weddings, music would go for two days, at full blast. a wedding has to have 'திருமணமாம் திருமணமாம் தெருவெங்கும் ஊர்வலமாம்...'..I grew up hearing this song so many times. I love this song. It never tires me to listen to this song. Most youngsters, at least once would have dreamed of his own partner like this.....

கூரைநாட்டு புடவை கட்டி குனிந்து இருப்பாளாம்
ஒரு கூடை நிறையும் பூவை தலையில் சுமந்து இருப்பாளாம்.
சேர நாட்டு யானை தந்தம் போல் இருப்பாளாம்
நல்ல சீரக சம்பா அரிசி போல சிரித்து இருப்பாளாம்

செம்பருத்தி பூவை போல சிவந்து இருப்பாளாம்
நைசு சிலுக்கு துணியைப் போல காற்றில் அசைந்து இருப்பாளாம்
செப்பு சிலை போல உருண்டு திரண்டு இருப்பாளாம்
சேலம் ஜில்லா மாம்பழம் போல் கனிந்து இருப்பாளாம்!

A song from the genious Kannadasan. This song relieved my stress somany times. I did not even have to search for this song..any marriage in the village, this song is on...as of today!

Raaga Jukebox

Cheers!

This is life! An elderly lady enjoying life with her friend...

Respectable members,

Greetings. Recently I came across this song....an elderly lady, with her friend, 'sneaks away' from the watchful eyes of her sons, and DILs to have fun....(she gets busted by the cops for gambling - playing cards (28 game) in the next scene, unfortunately after the song....)

YouTube - Hit song - manasinakkare 1 : www.kairalimusic.com

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back