• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

த்வைதமு சுகமா அத்வைதமு சுகமா

Status
Not open for further replies.
த்வைதமு சுகமா அத்வைதமு சுகமா

This is a beautiful krithi of saint Thiagraja in Riti Gowla I happen to hear this just now rendered By Semmangudi Fantastic music. Here the saint wants to be enlightened by Rama which is Sukam த்வைதம் orஅத்வைதம் ? Obviously there is no mention about Visihistadvaita till the end of this kriti. I do not know if it was deliberate or intentional Any opinion or suggestions? Jambu:eek:hwell:

This is a beautiful krithi of saint Thiagraja in Riti Gowla I happen to hear this just now rendered By Semmangudi Fantastic music. Here the saint wants to be enlightened by Rama which is Sukam த்வைதம் orஅத்வைதம் ? Obviously there is no mention about Visihistadvaita till the end of this kriti. I do not know if it was deliberate or intentional Any opinion or suggestions? Jambu:eek:hwell:

Thiagayya has just compared two extreme schools of thought - Dwaitham and Adhvaidham. Vishishtadvaitham falls in between and hence has not mentioned it in his song.

It is a great song where Thiagayya is fully dissolved in Rama Bakthi and doesn't bother about various philosophies.

In the song `Nidhi saala Sugama' also he prefers lotus feet of Lord Rama rather than materialism and power or position. It only proves that materialism was rejected by great people like Thiagayya just 160 years back.

Is it because of British rule that we gave up real Spritualism and adopted materialism? How it happened? Why it happened? When it happened?

All the best

May be Thaigarja has an answer in ஸுசுகி எவரோ elaborately in கானடா. I have misplaced the book in which these Kritis with full meaning are given. Not very sure. Jambu:welcome:

Last edited:
In the song `Nidhi saala Sugama' also he prefers lotus feet of Lord Rama rather than materialism and power or position. It only proves that materialism was rejected by great people like Thiagayya just 160 years back.

Is it because of British rule that we gave up real Spritualism and adopted materialism? How it happened? Why it happened? When it happened?

All the best

rvr,

from what i know of thyagayya, he considered any song without religious overtones not fit to be written. i think all his songs are spiritual and let us leave it at that.

there were several people 160 years ago, like tilak, motilal nehru, et al, who did not reject materialism, and yet were great people. there is no need, i think, to be ashamed of materialism. it is managing it, i think, within bounds, that is the key to any good living. in the same context unbridled religiosity and rituals can cause a lot of pain too. or guilt?

re materialism, for milleniums life and culture did not change. till the first industrial revolution in england in the late 1700s. throughout early mid 1800s england was the factory of the world (much like china now) along with it the evils of greedy capitalism.

but the fact remained, the process of mass scale urbanzation, the increased produce of goods, cheaper prices, the factory system, the need for markets, all of this combined with overall increased in prosperity became a world wide phenomenon. the power of the influencing the state moved from the country squires and jamindars to the city based industrialists. india, with or without british rule, i am sure, woould have pursued the industrial path, sooner or later, i would say.

though it would be an interesting exercise, as the configuration of india, if the british had not arrived !!

Without the nidhi and simply standing infront of rama's sannidhi might be sukam for Mr. Thyagaiyyar. But not for iyers like us... We have to run the families na... Without the money how the sannidhi of rama to be built in a place??? Bhadrachalam ramadas built him a shrine with the money which is devoted for the king.

Might be as a song it will be nice to hear, but for implementing the same??? the logic hits there only uncle...

Instead I always admire this song
vaiyakam, thurakam, mathakari, maa makudam, chivikai
peyyum kanakam, peruvilai aaram,--piRai mudiththa
Iyan thirumanaiyaaL adith thaamaraikku anbu munbu
cheyyum thavamudaiyaarkku uLavaakiya chinnankaLE

We need both to manage our spiritual as well as day-by-day routeine life.

Durga,

Every body requires money and there is no second opinion about that.

But will Money bring all the happiness.

Thiagayya refused both money and position offered by the King and preferred the lotus feet of Lord Rama.

If you go back to the history Azhwars and Nayanmars were totally dissolved in spiritualism.

Thondaradipodi Azhwar refuses the Kingdom of Indira Loka if offered but prefers to enjoy Lord Ranganatha.

பச்சை மாமலை போல் மேனி, பவள வாய் கமலச் செங்கண்
அச்சுதா அமரர் ஏறே, ஆயர்தம் கொழுந்தே என்னும்
இச்சுவை தவிர யான் போய், இந்திர லோகம் ஆளும்
அச்சுவை பெறினும் வேண்டேன், அரங்கமா நகர் உளானே!

Ok in the present day we have to combine materialism with spiritualism. But ultimately spiritualism has to rule over materialism as one matures.

Even our own Kannadasan has made the life in very simple terms.

வீடுவரை உறவு வீதி வரை மனைவி காடுவரை பிள்ளை கடைசி வரை யாரோ

I think we should avoid giving too much importance to materialism

All the best

I think all the male deities are worthy only to give the happiness after death or after relieving everything materailstic to him. But the mother goddess shri lalitha is capable of providing both at a time. The example of bhaskararaya himself is the proof for that I think. She does not expects much from her child. Just a though of her is enough, she is ready to provide everything for them...

Pranams

Its purely my perception alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back