• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

writing a book about hindu pujas

Status
Not open for further replies.
hei, im writing a book about indian ceremonies and worshiping and would love to meet an indian priest or a scholar who could explain the following: what is needed to performa puja at home (altar, dieties, cumcum etc), how to perfom a puja, what do certain things mean (like sandalwood paste), main dieties and how to worship them.

any help would be appreciated.

im also planning on going to bangalore mid june this yar and would like to see how families are performing their pujas, whats on the altar etc.

it could also be great to visit a school where hindu priests are being educated. can anyone suggest one in balngalore or close to it?

thank you so much in advance

marius

Radhey krishna

Namaskaram ji,

I hope i can help you out in your work with the details i have regading the bajan sampradhaya followed in south india . If you are interested let me know

U can private message tbs of our forum. He is a scholar & has doctrate degree and a priest in a temple in USA. Besides he teaches in the university there.He may be able to share with u lots of information.

Last edited:
I am glad you are undertaking this project. I am very curious about your book.

My personal puja is a mixture of north Indian and south Indian and shaiva and vaishnava styles. It's probably not of interest for your book.

mohaar2, what is "the bajan sampradhaya"?

ambers, thank you so much! ill pm tbs when i have enough posts.

Sahasranama, im interested in hindu ceremonies. any information is welcome.

ive been coming to india for a few years and im very fascinating in hindu ways to worship dieties. what are the legends of each of the diety, how to perform any puja or homa for them and etc.

the truth is , i'm very interested in the following dieties: shiva; mother divine: durga, lakshmi, mahakali, saraswati; ganesha; hanuman, kala bhairava, shirdi baba and etc.

it would have been great to record chanting and mantras while worshiping.

further more, i would like to know what objects are being used in pujas. why and what do they mean. what is the order of the puja - details on how on how to do it.

thank you so much!

mohaar2, what is "the bajan sampradhaya"?

ambers, thank you so much! ill pm tbs when i have enough posts.

Sahasranama, im interested in hindu ceremonies. any information is welcome.

ive been coming to india for a few years and im very fascinating in hindu ways to worship dieties. what are the legends of each of the diety, how to perform any puja or homa for them and etc.

the truth is , i'm very interested in the following dieties: shiva; mother divine: durga, lakshmi, mahakali, saraswati; ganesha; hanuman, kala bhairava, shirdi baba and etc.

it would have been great to record chanting and mantras while worshiping.

further more, i would like to know what objects are being used in pujas. why and what do they mean. what is the order of the puja - details on how on how to do it.

thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back