• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Agnihotra

Status
Not open for further replies.

saidevo

namaste.

Any of our members practising it?

Did we have any discussions about Agnihotra here in HDF? Any of our members practising it?

It seems this protective and healing Vedic ritual, that stuns in its simplicity, is catching up the attention of people across religions and cultures in the world today. Although a close friend of mine has been at it for quite sometime--he comes over from Hongkong to Chennai to participate in the ritual periodically in a relative's home--it is catching my attention only now. Of course, I have heard the mantras recited in regular homas, but this ritual is amazing!

Here are a few links:
Agnihotra.org - Your source for Agnihotra & Homa Therapy information
Agnihotra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AGNIHOTRA-HEAL THE ATMOSPHERE
Home of Agnihotra - healing fire - for individual and universal wellfare
Welcome to Agnihotra
Can Agnihotra prevent the effect of nuclear radiation

YouTube - agnihotra
"agnihotra" - Google Search

can smoking a cigarette be akin to agnihothris?saidevo .Plz do not get offended,as we all know statutory warning is on tobacco products,but smoking marijuana aka ganja,in haridwar rishikesh is a common phenomena,used for spirituality.shirdi sai baba used smoke a chillum too.bhagavan sathya sai baba used chew tobacco too.

namaste nachi naga.

I got your point and this is the reply I was looking for. The West and our people there are sickeningly diluting our sacred rituals, looking for easy solutions without becoming eligible for them first by strict niyamas. Our yoga which is nothing without meditation has become just Asanas, our dhorbiH karaNam has become their super brain yoga, our popular sacred Veda mantras are chanted with the slurs and swishes of the Western accents (whereas in our PAThashAlas the teacher would scold the boy who has trouble with Sanskrit pronunciation--'un nAkkulE dharbaiyai pOTTu posukka') and some Westerners call themselves as AchAryas. Our smRties prevent shUdras to chant Vedas and gAyatrI mantra, but now the mlechchas are doing it with impunity.

And the trouble is that Internet is so full of this diluted crap that one can't quickly find the classical details about Agnihotra and such other Vedic rituals one needs to. Can you suggest me a good book on Agnihotra, preferably that has Sanskrit text, and explains the meanings phrasewise?

Thank you for your caution.

namaste nachi naga.

I got your point and this is the reply I was looking for. The West and our people there are sickeningly diluting our sacred rituals, looking for easy solutions without becoming eligible for them first by strict niyamas. Our yoga which is nothing without meditation has become just Asanas, our dhorbiH karaNam has become their super brain yoga, our popular sacred Veda mantras are chanted with the slurs and swishes of the Western accents (whereas in our PAThashAlas the teacher would scold the boy who has trouble with Sanskrit pronunciation--'un nAkkulE dharbaiyai pOTTu posukka') and some Westerners call themselves as AchAryas. Our smRties prevent shUdras to chant Vedas and gAyatrI mantra, but now the mlechchas are doing it with impunity.

sairam saidevo.god,you are so right about pronounciation but sir,western people may not have the right pronounciation,but i see bhakthi shrrdhhai saburi in their chant sir.recently i saw a youtube presentation,wherein bhagavan is calling for american boys to chant purusha suktham,oh my god saidevo,the american boys will beat and compete with any veda patashala school globally,i can challenge it,this is becoz of bhagavans sankalpam only sir.of course i agree that majority of them are just like us indians,who are not aware of the chanting techniques.

there used to be dikshidar attached to kamakoti peetam,in fact he has books on agnihotram and other such related sastras scriptural work.let me find out and i will PM you,with details.if you get him sir,your goal will be accomplished.

And the trouble is that Internet is so full of this diluted crap that one can't quickly find the classical details about Agnihotra and such other Vedic rituals one needs to. Can you suggest me a good book on Agnihotra, preferably that has Sanskrit text, and explains the meanings phrasewise?

Thank you for your caution.

internet has its plus and minuses,but books will never get replaced by digital media soon.

http://www.melbournearya.com/Agnihotram or Nitya Yajna.pdf

Agnihotram

http://books.google.com/books?id=Vp...&cd=1#v=onepage&q=books on agnihotram&f=false

if you know malayalam

Agnihotram - Google Books :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing links, Shri. Saidevo. I read an interesting article about a scientific explanation of Agnihotra some time back which I have attached here.

Thanks

Attachments

• Agnihotra & Combustion Science.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 243
More Agnihotra links:

What is Agnihotra?
Veda Pathasala

Maharshi DayAnanda Sarasvati's 'Sanskar Vidhi'
http://www.melbournearya.com/Agnihotram or Nitya Yajna.pdf

Agnihotram

Agnihotra and Combustion Sciences
Agnihotra and Combustion Sciences

Who can perform Agnihotra?
Faq's
FOUNDER OF AGNIHOTRA | Shri Madhavji Saheb,Bhopal,India
Agnihotra: The Savior

To get the Sunrise and Sunset Timings of a particular place
Agnihotra Timings

The role of sun and water in tarpaNam
Non-random-Thoughts: The role of sun and water in tarpaNam.

Basic Fire of Homa Therapy
http://www.homa1.com/agnihotra/index.htm

Names of Samskaras
Names of Samskaras from the Chapter "The Forty Samskaras", in Hindu Dharma : kamakoti.org:

To put it differently: the five mahayajnas (brahmayajna, devayajna, pitrayajna, manusyayajna, bhutayajna) together with agnihotra and aupasana are to be performed everyday; darsa-purnamasa and sthalipaka once a fortnight; parvani-sraddha once a month. The other yajnas are to be conducted once a year or at least once in a lifetime.

Agnihotra Rakshana Scheme inaugurated
Veda Pathasala

The scheme which is designed to spread the participation to more and more people, is bound to find great response and help in preservation of the ritual of Agnihotra of the purely traditional type, which is the ordained duty of all of us to ourselves and our own future – to vitalize our lives and our thoughts. The scheme is inspired by a similar concept which had been initiated by Paramapujya Sri Mahasvami of Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham called Piti Arisi Thittam (a handful of rice per day along with 10 paise).

Sri Gopalakrishnan in a brief speech appealed to the followers of the Veda all over the world to join this simple scheme so that Agni, the bestower of all kinds of wealth – aisvaryas (agnim ile….ratna-dhatamam; dhanam icchet hutaasanaat, etc.), can ritually be kept burning throughout and prayers could be offered to propitiate all the other devatas for effulgence (tejas) and the necessities of man to grow, to develop and sustain in the universe. The Vedas say Agni is the mouth of the Gods which means that the devatas can be reached only through Him and so He must be worshipped before all the other deities (agnim devataanaam prathamam yajet. agnimukhaa eva devataah preenaati). May this inspiring concept of Dharma guide all of us in our endeavour.

Thanks for the links saidevo. I have some small books on agnihotra and pancha mahayajna which were given to me by an Arya Samaj preacher. Most of the links above are also from the Arya Samaj. They are very preachy against Sanatan Dharma form of worship, like shivalingam, salagram, yantras, murtis, arghya en tarpana. They only do sandhya and agnihotram.

At the moment I am only doing samidadhanam, no agnihotra or homans. I used to do homam frequently with Sri Rudram. It's a great feeling to chant the Rudram in front of the sacred fire and offering ghee and samagri. When I was sixteen I did it in the backyard on mahashiva ratri. Unfortunately, my neighbour called the police and they gave us a warning. My parents panicked, told me to stop the sacrifice and said "mr. PF is going to be prime minister of this country and send us all back to our country." Mr. PF was the most popular politician in the polls and against the development of foreign culture. I got very angry at that moment and cursed him to death. Three weeks later he was shot by an animal rights activist.

It says something about the power of vedic mantras and the sacred fire ritual.

Last edited:
Sahasranama

I agree with you about cursing happenings.I stopped cussing as i realised,i can accrue karmas and lose my pious powers.Good thing you also realised it early,for lokak kshemam,plz pray samastha lokas sarvay sukhino bhavanthu

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I realised that when doing vedic sadhana like agnihotra or mantra japa, it's important to be very carefull with your words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back