• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Request for help at Dayananda Saraswathi School

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVR

There is a school at Pazhaverkadu north of Chennai in a Tsunami affected area.

Vidyanidhi Trust

It is run by AIMS for Seva, a movement started by Swami Dayananda Saraswathi

AIM for Seva - All India Movement for Seva (aimforseva.org) | Non-profit organization carrying out education and healthcare projects throughout India

Apart from a school for fishermen community, it runs a charitable dispensary, drinking water project and a vocational training center.

Since Christian machineries started active in this area after tsunami, the school and other projects have helped in a great way to stop the conversions.

This morning I attended a program where `summer camp' for children was inaugurated.

We organised sports goods, educational CDs, toys, building sets etc

Still the demand is too huge and those who can spare used carom boards, chess, educational cds, books, building sets etc may be sent to the school. If it is available at chennai city, I can collect it and send it to the school. Even used books could be donated to the library.

Aims for seva is run in a highly transparent manner and the annual audited accounts are available in the website. Confederation of Indian Industry has donated a building for the school and computers have been donated by global consulting firm KPMG.

Please do the needful.

All the best

Sri Easwaran Sir,

You can send your contribution to the following address

Swamy Tattvanishtha Saraswathi

Vidyanidhi Trust Central Office:
No: 10/5, Manick Nivas,
Jai Nagar 2nd Street, Arumbakkam,
Chennai, Tamilnadu
Pincode: 600106
India

Phone: +91 44 2475 0519
Mobile: +91 95852 37775

EMail: [email protected]

You can make a cheque in favour of Vidyanidhi Trust and send it to the above address. If you can spare time, I can take you to the Swamiji directly and you can handover to him - please send a personal message to me so that I can fix up an appointment with Swamiji and we can meet him at mutually convenient time and date.

All the best

Hi folks,

We have received Government approval for upgrading classes upto 8th standard from the present standard. Eventually we would like to get approval upto 12 the standard.

We have to construct fresh class rooms to accommodate students upto 8th standard. Each class room costs around Rs.4.5 lakhs and we are willing to name the class room as per the wishes of the donor.

Cost of educating each student is around Rs.4000 p.a and we collect just 1500 Rs p.a for lower classes and Rs.3000 p.a for higher classes. Those who are interested in sponsoring students are welcome to do it.

As I said earlier, mostly fishermen community students are studying in the school and we are running a free medical dispensary also in the premises.

We are supplying free drinking water from Reverse Osmosis plant in the school to all nearby villages as the water is highly contaminated after Tsunami hit.

We are also planning to start vocational training courses for the villagers.

All the best

Went thro' web site.

Shall send DD to them... taking it in the name of Vidyanidhi Trust. is it okay???

Please talk to the swamiji in his cell phone given in this thread and send it to the new address. He has shifted from Arumbakkam to Gopalapuram in Chennai. DD can be taken in the name of Vidhyanidhi Trust, payable at Chennai

If you have any difficulty, please inform me and I shall do the needful

All the best

New address.

Swami Tattvanishtha Saraswathi,
Vidyanidhi Trust,
32/47, Nadu Street,
Mylapore,
Chennai 600004
India

DD can be drawn in favour of `Vidyanidhi Trust, payable at Chennai

All the best

Status