• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I am not atheist, and I am not theist in the true sense, I am advaitin.

prasad1

Is Advaitin similar to Agnosticism, or Buddism?

Agnosticism
is the view that the existence of God, of the divine or the supernatural is unknown or unknowable. An agnostic can also be one who holds neither of two opposing positions on a topic.The English biologist Thomas Henry Huxley coined the word agnostic in 1869, and said: "It simply means that a man shall not say he knows or believes that which he has no scientific grounds for professing to know or believe." Earlier thinkers, however, had written works that promoted agnostic points of view.
According to the philosopher William L. Rowe, "agnosticism is the view that human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify either the belief that God exists or the belief that God does not exist".

Dear Prasad ji...

I dont think you are an atheist or theist or advaitin at present.

There seems to be a state of soul searching.

I was reading a quote by Ali Reza Panahian..a 53 year old Iranian Scholar..
He said...its more valuable to say " O' God I need you instead of saying O' God I love you".

He said when we say " I need you..there is humbleness in saying I need you.. in true and deep love ..the lover has humility and is in need of the beloved one...

But when we say O God ..I love you..its a superficial love sans humbleness.

Ok..lets apply this now.

I know you cant accept the concept of God as non Brahman sorts and you do see prayer as begging..well fair enough..most prayers are transactional though I wont use the word begging cos I dont know problems of others.

Have you ever thought that you might need to let go some amount of your firm stance in not wanting to " bow" down to any concept of a God which does not fit your perception?

Have you tried of letting go of even Brahman?

Latest ads

Back