• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Learn from the monkeys the proper way to eat bananas

KRN

https://www.thesun.ie/fabulous/3351...hole-life-heres-the-squish-free-way-to-do-it/

[h=1]You’ve been peeling bananas wrong your whole life – here’s the squish-free way to do it[/h]When it comes to eating the yellow fruit, we should copy the 'monkey method'

By Becky Pemberton

BANANA fan? It turns out you might have been peeling them wrong for years.

Despite millions of years of evolution, many humans still haven’t cracked the best way of eating the yellow fruit and have been doing it upside down.

While most people peel their bananas from the stem down, we should copy monkeys in splitting from the base.
Doing it from the non-stem end means the banana skin splits easily into two pieces, which helps to make it bruise-free.
The best part of the monkey method is that it means you can hold the firm stem as a handle – nature’s answer to a lollipop stick.
The mind-blowing revelation was demonstrated by YouTube user Crazy Bananas, an anonymous man wearing banana underwear who shared the benefits of the life hack.

This is sure to be a game-changer for those who find it tricky to peel from the stem and who create a squishy mess as a result.

Over 100 billion bananas are eaten worldwide annually, and it leaves you wondering how we’ve been doing it wrong for years.
The YouTuber captioned the video: “I'm posting this video in the hopes that it will help other people discover the joys of peeling a banana.

“I had never known about this method before a friend showed me.” And many people were quick to comment about how shocked they were at the discovery.

One wrote: “Monkeys just humiliated humans.”

Another added: “This video change my life! LOL :D.”

And one commented: “That's awesome, I am 62 years old and never knew that...lol....thanks.”

But some said they had been doing the monkey way for years, with one writing: “Dude, I've been eating bananas like a monkey my entire life.”

An interesting story with a moral!

Krishna prefered to visit the home of the humble and simple Vidhura -
instead of staying with the hot tempered Kowravas.

Vidhura was so overwhelmed with the joy of the proximity of Krishna that he did not realise that he was offering the peels of the bananas to Krishna - while throwing away the real fruits!

What did Krishna do? He ate the peels with a great joy!

If is NOT about how we eat it but it about how we feel
( and make the others feel) while we eat it. :)

An interesting story with a moral!

Krishna prefered to visit the home of the humble and simple Vidhura -
instead of staying with the hot tempered Kowravas.

Vidhura was so overwhelmed with the joy of the proximity of Krishna that he did not realise that he was offering the peels of the bananas to Krishna - while throwing away the real fruits!

What did Krishna do? He ate the peels with a great joy!

If is NOT about how we eat it but it about how we feel
( and make the others feel) while we eat it. :)

For the sake of myth, it is ok. In real life, it may be looked upon differently.

Can you eat if it’s given by a Swamiji

For the sake of myth, it is ok. In real life, it may be looked upon differently.

Can you eat if it’s given by a Swamiji

We know "gods" do not eat, so we offer sweets to them and then enjoy in eating it ourself. If "gods" started eating the sweets no one will offer it.

Krishna is a Mayakari, does a mear mortal understand what He does?

I have seen the stage magicians do even more unbelievable tricks.

This is no disrespect to the sentiments of the believers, it is just my opinion.

Last edited:
People swallow flame, walk on burning live coals, pierce their body umpteen places with spears, hooks and needles, thrash themselves with whips and get crucified willingly.

Surely MAN can anything he wants to do... including walking on sandals of nails and even sleeping on a bed of nails! Take a peek below this post! :peep:

82. Pain Gate Theory

Pain originates within the body and is difficult to be measured objectively. Pain perception is highly subjective. It is a matter of one’s mind. Cultural factors, personality and mental attitudes influence the sensation of pain. Extroverts report more pain than introverts.

Whether or not we feel the pain is determined by more than the nature and intensity of the external stimulus. Women seem to bear the pain better than their male counterparts. The feat performed by the Indian fakirs by sleeping on a bed of nails would be unthinkable–even in the wildest dreams of the westerners.

That the pain can be controlled by thought alone has led to the new theory of pain perception, called The Pain Gate Theory. In order to feel a pain, the pain signal must be strong enough to force its way through the pain gate–a real anatomical structure in the spinal cord.

This pain gate protects us from trivial pains and aches. Cortex which produces endorphins, the natural pain killers in the brain, feeds this gate. Its release can effectively close the pain gate and decrease the level of the pain experienced.

Nerve fibers with small diameter carry the pain stimuli through the pain gate. Nerve fibers with larger diameter passing through the same gate can inhibit those pain signals carried by the smaller ones.

Chemical released in response to the pain stimuli also influences whether the gate is open or shut to the pain signals. The pain gate can be shut, by stimulating the nerves carrying the touch signals, through massage techniques, rubbing, application of ice packs etc.

Acupuncture stimulates the release of natural opioids, chemicals inhibiting the transmission of pain signals. So to say, “We can fight one pain with another pain”.

Visalakshi Ramani

https://visalakshiramani.wordpress.com/articles/wonderful-body/pain-gate-theory/

I was waiting for this thread to receive the coveted 5 * s!

How can we ignore our revered ancestors without honoring them! :)

In every house there would be at least one banana lover!

IF I were Krishna and he were Vidhura
surely I will eat the peels happily! :)

I have been happily eating the peels (at the inner side) ever since the time when I read that it contains a lot of vital nutrients.

If it's the "nenthra pazham" variety, you can boil it and eat without peeling anything It still tastes yummy :)

But what people most often ignore with the banana is the stem..... it is a wonderful source of fiber and other essential nutrients. On most of these days, my diet contains the banana stem (the fine inner part) chopped very thin and roasted with some salt added, which makes for a great supplement...

In Costa Rica, we went to see a Banana Plantation.

I was shocked to see them wasting all the stems and leaves.
They compost after harvesting the banana, I wished someone to salvage the stem, flower, and leaves.
[FONT=&quot]
The ratio of banana waste and product is 2:1. The lignocellulosic biomass is either left on the ground or taken to open dumps. In the first case, the process leads to maintain the soil moisture and provide organic matter, but it is a potential risk of transmission of disease and, in both cases, the lignocellulosic biomass produce greenhouse gases as they decompose.[/FONT]

Last edited:
https://www.thesun.ie/fabulous/3351...hole-life-heres-the-squish-free-way-to-do-it/

[h=1]You’ve been peeling bananas wrong your whole life – here’s the squish-free way to do it[/h]When it comes to eating the yellow fruit, we should copy the 'monkey method'

By Becky Pemberton

Despite millions of years of evolution, many humans still haven’t cracked the best way of eating the yellow fruit and have been doing it upside down.

While most people peel their bananas from the stem down, we should copy monkeys in splitting from the base.
Doing it from the non-stem end means the banana skin splits easily into two pieces, which helps to make it bruise-free.
The best part of the monkey method is that it means you can hold the firm stem as a handle – nature’s answer to a lollipop stick.
The mind-blowing revelation was demonstrated by YouTube user Crazy Bananas, an anonymous man wearing banana underwear who shared the benefits of the life hack.

This is sure to be a game-changer for those who find it tricky to peel from the stem and who create a squishy mess as a result.

Over 100 billion bananas are eaten worldwide annually, and it leaves you wondering how we’ve been doing it wrong for years.
The YouTuber captioned the video: “I'm posting this video in the hopes that it will help other people discover the joys of peeling a banana.

“I had never known about this method before a friend showed me.” And many people were quick to comment about how shocked they were at the discovery.

And one commented: “That's awesome, I am 62 years old and never knew that...lol....thanks.”

But some said they had been doing the monkey way for years, with one writing: “Dude, I've been eating bananas like a monkey my entire life.”

By Becky Pemberton

If you have watched, in our Pujas, an agar batti – incense stick is in general, put at the end (pealing side) not on the stem. If you want to preserve the Banana for a day or two, then people will install it on the stem. What was happening is that with British customs slowly entered in out life, we have forgotten or not recorded or not cared to notice this. So, may be our ancestors have learned peeling Banana from Monkeys or as scientific evidence shows, monkeys learned from watching human beings. Since we do not do any fundamental research (researchers will find difficulty in getting married when the parents of the bride expects the person to be in a 8-5 Govt. job with retirement benefits). I am not criticizing your observation or report, rather reminding that the question has to be “did our ancestor knew this ?”. I have watch this and many ravens (Crows- Corvid) with extraordinary intelligence and thus were considered by our ancestors the returning spirit on death anniversaries asking for food. But in general, our ancestors had empathy for animals in general, thus participated in environment protection.

Latest ads

Back