Tamil Brahmins
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Alternatively, consider donating to keep the site up. Donations are accepted via PayPal & via NEFT. Details on how to donate can be found at here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I was waiting for this thread to receive the coveted 5 * s!

How can we ignore our revered ancestors without honoring them!

In every house there would be at least one banana lover!
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Visalakshi Ramani View Post
    IF I were Krishna and he were Vidhura
    surely I will eat the peels happily!
    I have been happily eating the peels (at the inner side) ever since the time when I read that it contains a lot of vital nutrients.

If it's the "nenthra pazham" variety, you can boil it and eat without peeling anything It still tastes yummy
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    But what people most often ignore with the banana is the stem..... it is a wonderful source of fiber and other essential nutrients. On most of these days, my diet contains the banana stem (the fine inner part) chopped very thin and roasted with some salt added, which makes for a great supplement...
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    And here's about someone who has found out a novel use for the banana stem

https://factordaily.com/clean-energy...y-bihar-gopal/
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    In Costa Rica, we went to see a Banana Plantation.

I was shocked to see them wasting all the stems and leaves.
    They compost after harvesting the banana, I wished someone to salvage the stem, flower, and leaves.

The ratio of banana waste and product is 2:1. The lignocellulosic biomass is either left on the ground or taken to open dumps. In the first case, the process leads to maintain the soil moisture and provide organic matter, but it is a potential risk of transmission of disease and, in both cases, the lignocellulosic biomass produce greenhouse gases as they decompose.
    Last edited by prasad1; 08-12-2018 at 09:06 PM.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post

I have been eating bananas in the monkey way, for the past few years!!
    That is the way I learned, I always wondered why Americans opened it the other way.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12