Tamil Brahmins
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Alternatively, consider donating to keep the site up. Donations are accepted via PayPal & via NEFT. Details on how to donate can be found at here

Thread: Vegetarian food

Downloads
    Uploads

Vegetarian food

0 Not allowed!
    Food habits are cultural and by choice.

I am vegetarian by choice, but I respect others choice too.
    I came across this talk, and I would like to share it.
    I would like to apologize to all non-vegetarian friends.

Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    This video is being circulated in whatsup groups widely now.
    Thank You.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    Food habits are cultural and by choice.

I am vegetarian by choice, but I respect others choice too.
    I came across this talk, and I would like to share it.
    I would like to apologize to all non-vegetarian friends.

I havent watched the video..i have a short attention span...so I am not sure what it is about.

Even though I am vegetarian by choice I still feel one' s diet is ones personal choice..from personal experience I havent seen " sattva" in both vegetarians by birth or choice or non vegetarians.

Mostly all of us humans feel we make the " right" choice when all there is our personal preference based on our surroudings...do we really expect an Eskimo to be a vegetarian when hardly anything grows om ice?
    Thats why the human body can digest both veg and meat cos each ones life style is different.
    Last edited by renuka; 08-12-2018 at 12:57 PM.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    NV may have more appeal if meat is grown in the Lab or animals are not killed brutally but in a more scientific method not allowing the animals to feel the agony of pain.

Recently I have come across a video clipping of one Dr. Sivarama, Sidda Doctor I believe, who recommended NV for health point of you. He said 99% of Nobel Prize winners are beef eaters.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRU1849 View Post
    NV may have more appeal if meat is grown in the Lab or animals are not killed brutally but in a more scientific method not allowing the animals to feel the agony of pain.

Recently I have come across a video clipping of one Dr. Sivarama, Sidda Doctor I believe, who recommended NV for health point of you. He said 99% of Nobel Prize winners are beef eaters.
    I have an Ayurveda book that talks about meat soup for some illnesses

But i dont believe in eating meat.

Yes..mainly Jews win nobel prize.
    They consume a lot of mutton.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRU1849 View Post
    He said 99% of Nobel Prize winners are beef eaters.
    I am not going to win a Nobel Prize, and I am going to remain a vegetarian.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    I havent watched the video..i have a short attention span...so I am not sure what it is about.

Even though I am vegetarian by choice I still feel one' s diet is ones personal choice..from personal experience I havent seen " sattva" in both vegetarians by birth or choice or non vegetarians.

Mostly all of us humans feel we make the " right" choice when all there is our personal preference based on our surroudings...do we really expect an Eskimo to be a vegetarian when hardly anything grows om ice?
    Thats why the human body can digest both veg and meat cos each ones life style is different.
    You may be doing too many things and may not have time to watch a long presentation. That may not be an issue of attention span. Anything worthwhile takes long attention span I think

The presenter makes an excellent case with stats why meat eating is so terrible (I am paraphrasing). Not talking about those living in Alaska or mountains or jungles
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I heard the talk twice because of its excellence!

I hate to sit near people, when they eat non-veg food!

(Makes me sick!!)
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post
    I heard the talk twice because of its excellence!

I hate to sit near people, when they eat non-veg food!

(Makes me sick!!)
    madam, let me tell you my views on eating.
    the food we consume may be geographical I feel
    for instance the middle east, jews or muslims, and arctic zone
    where the land is covered by sand and snow respectively
    do not have vegetation as such people take available food.
    in india there is lot of rivers and flora grows abundantly
    and hence vegetarians.
    we do have exceptions as bengal has lot of fish and hence
    it is in their menu. Mostly after the invasion of mugals and british, we eat nv
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.