• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

upanayanam

Dear Krishna Kumar,
I'm welcoming you on-behalf of this forum.
Regarding upanayanam dates, its best to go to a vAdhyAr and finalise the date, that too after uttarAyanam.
Muraiyaaga seivadu uttamam since this samskaara is considered most important of all the samskaaras in a brahmins birth where he becomes twice born.
Nevertheless, i'm providing some info to gain knowledge on the same:
* Months: Maasi, panguni, chittirai, vaigaasi and aani.
* Tithi : 2, 3, 5,7 and 10.
* Days: Bhudan, vyaazhan and veLli.
* Nakshatram: ashwini, rohini, mrugaseerisham, punarpoosam, poosam, uttaram, hastam, chittirai, svaati, anusham, uttraadam, tiruvonam, avittam, sadayam, uttarattadi and revati.
* Lagna not occupied by Chandran, But should be shuba lagnam.
* 8th House should be free.
* Check taara balam and chandra balam. both for son and father.
* For Rig Veda - Guru should not be in decendant or debilitated(neecham), for yajur veda - sukran and For sama veda - kuja(Mars) should not occupy the said places.
* Sunday and Monday - matthimum.(medium result).
Best Wishes and Regards,
Sarvam Krishnaarpanam.
Venkat.

Thaara palam and chandra palam will not be there on 1-9-2019. New year panchangam will be available in january 2019. then only we can see the correct laknam for upanayanam.

kasaram must be seen. It is very very important. for sadayam star only rohini, hastham, thiruvonam, mrukasiirsham chithrai, avittam revathy and punarpuusam are the stars which will have taara palam.

Please see in krishna angharaha chathurthasi sticky thread in rituals ceremonies and pooja . go through all the seven pages there. you will find more information.

In reply to upanayanam days i am giving here the details. First UTHIRAYANAM; From 16 th january to 15th july every year is the best one. Tamil month MAASI month is

good. STARS; aswathi;rohini; mirugasiesham;punarpoosam;poosam;uthiram; hastham;chithrai;swathi; anusham; uthiraadam; thiruvonam; avittam; sadayam; uthirathadhi; revathy.

THITHI; dwithiyayi;thruthiyai; panchami; sapthami;dasami;ekadasi ;dwadasi;thrayodasi, in sukla patcham. and in krishna patcham:dwithiyai, thruthiyay, and panchami. LAGNAM; rishabam;mithunam; katakam;kanni;thulam;dhanus; meenam.

The eighth place from lagnam should be empty. without any planets. During the period of mars asthamanam and/or neecham sama vedics should not do upanayanam. For rig vedis guru neecham or asthamanam; for yajur vedis sukrassthamanam or neecham and for atharvana vedam budan neecham or asthaman should not be there for upanayanam.

THARA PALAM; CHANDRA PALAM MUST BE THERE. KASARA YOGAM IS A MUST. Panchagam must be seen. If required panchaka preethi must be done. Thyaajyam for thithi,star, day.and lagnam should be seen./checked.

Un matching stars for subha muhurthangal; From the Birth star of one (male or female) 1,3,5,7,10,14,19,22, and 27 stars are not good. From the chandra rasi the 8th rasi 2 1/4 stars are not good. THITHI: chathurthy, shasty, astami;navami; dwadasi and chathurdasi are not good; YOGANGAL; Marana yogam;uthpadha yogam; Prabhalarishta yogam are not good. KARI NAAL AND DHANIYA NAAL should be avoided,

Rahu kalam; yama kandam; kuligai kalam; and tuesday and saturday are not good. for upanayanam the very next day of the Brahmopadesam day should not be a anadhyayanam day. that is New moon and Fulmoon day the previous day and the next day of the newmoon and full moon day and krishna pathcha astami days are anadhyayanam days. you can chant the vedas which you have learned in the previous days.

GURU BHALAM; If the guru is in lagnam, kendram;thirikonam or in ucchham thithi vaaram etc. dosham will not be there. If the chandran is on Rohini star no dosham for thithi, vaaram ,will be there. If there is on that particular month two new moon or two full moon or on that month no tamil madha pirappu or two tamil madha pirapuu on the month subha muhurtham on these months should be avoided. chithrai and vaikasi are exception for this rule. There are plenty of exceptions are also there.

Namaskaram,

we would like to perform upanayanam for my son in 2019..

My son D.O.B : 05.09.2003 at 01.43PM (Birth place :Madurai,Tamilnadu) / DHANUSU - MOOLAM

Father's DOB: 24.08.1971 / KANYA - HASTHAM
Mother's DOB : 18.09.1972 / MEENAM - REVATHI

Pl guide us.

Hello want to know the upanayanam dates for my son
his birth date is 14th June 2009 sathayam nakshatram
wanted to know whether 1st September 2019 will be good dates for having upanayanam ceremony

Regards
Krishna Kumar
In reply to upanayanam days i am giving here the details. First UTHIRAYANAM; From 16 th january to 15th july every year is the best one. Tamil month MAASI month is good. STARS; aswathi;rohini; mirugasiesham;punarpoosam;poosam;uthiram; hastham;chithrai;swathi; anusham; uthiraadam; thiruvonam; avittam; sadayam; uthirathadhi; revathy.

THITHI; dwithiyayi;thruthiyai; panchami; sapthami;dasami;ekadasi ;dwadasi;thrayodasi, in sukla patcham. and in krishna patcham:dwithiyai, thruthiyay, and panchami. LAGNAM; rishabam;mithunam; katakam;kanni;thulam;dhanus; meenam.

The eighth place from lagnam should be empty. without any planets. During the period of mars asthamanam and/or neecham sama vedics should not do upanayanam. For rig vedis guru neecham or asthamanam; for yajur vedis sukrassthamanam or neecham and for atharvana vedam budan neecham or asthaman should not be there for upanayanam.

THARA PALAM; CHANDRA PALAM MUST BE THERE. KASARA YOGAM IS A MUST. Panchagam must be seen. If required panchaka preethi must be done. Thyaajyam for thithi,star, day.and lagnam should be seen./checked.

Un matching stars for subha muhurthangal; From the Birth star of one (male or female) 1,3,5,7,10,14,19,22, and 27 stars are not good. From the chandra rasi the 8th rasi 2 1/4 stars are not good. THITHI: chathurthy, shasty, astami;navami; dwadasi and chathurdasi are not good; YOGANGAL; Marana yogam;uthpadha yogam; Prabhalarishta yogam are not good. KARI NAAL AND DHANIYA NAAL should be avoided,

Rahu kalam; yama kandam; kuligai kalam; and tuesday and saturday are not good. for upanayanam the very next day of the Brahmopadesam day should not be a anadhyayanam day. that is New moon and Fulmoon day the previous day and the next day of the newmoon and full moon day and krishna pathcha astami days are anadhyayanam days. you can chant the vedas which you have learned in the previous days.

GURU BHALAM; If the guru is in lagnam, kendram;thirikonam or in ucchham thithi vaaram etc. dosham will not be there. If the chandran is on Rohini star no dosham for thithi, vaaram ,will be there. If there is on that particular month two new moon or two full moon or on that month no tamil madha pirappu or two tamil madha pirapuu on the month subha muhurtham on these months should be avoided. chithrai and vaikasi are exception for this rule. There are plenty of exceptions are also there.

PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR VEDAM:- RIK, YAJUR OR SAAMAM. NEW ALMANAC WILL COME SHORTLY. tHEN ONLY I WILL TELL YOU THE UPANAYANAM DATES. K.GOPALAN.

I would like to know whether it is auspicious to perform the Upanayanam for a BOY born FIRST in the family
in the TAMIL month of AANI. i was told by some one that this should be avoided. We are thinking of performing the Upanayanam for my grand son (son's son) this year during June/August. He is born on 23.11.2010 and star Thiruvonam. My son's family is settled in the United States and the children are having summer vacation during the above months.
Would appreciae your guidance.
SIVARAMAN N S

Dear Sirs,
Am eagerly awiting for your reply, since, I have to advise my son in the USA about the same
for them to make their travel plans.
SIVARAMAN N S

Namaskarams Gopalan Sir,

Wanted to know the auspicious date for upanayanam of my Nephew in May 2019. His Date of Birth is June 22, 2008. Time of Birth : 8:42 am, Nakshatra : Thiruvonam. Would request for multiple dates.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Dear sir,
Please advice on upanayanam dates for my nephew born on 26-06-2009 star: Maham,preferably in July/August 2022
10-5-2019 and 23-05-2019 and 24-05-2019 kataka laknam- 9-30 to 10-30 A.M. are good.
Dear sir,
Please advice on upanayanam dates in July/August 2022 for my nephew born on 26.06.2009, Star:Maham, Yajur vedam Koundinya Gothram

I require garudan panchangam for the year 2022-23 to fix upanayanam date. It is available in Giri trading agency, siva vishnu temple t nagar; hari krishna agencies west mambalam, ganapathy agencies opposite to ayodhya mandapam, west mambalam.
It is not available now. what can i do.

Dear sir,
If the panchangam is available now, can you please advice on upanayanam dates in July/August 2022 for my nephew born on 26.06.2009, Star:Maham, Yajur vedam Koundinya Gothram?

I require garudan panchangam for the year 2022-23 to fix upanayanam date. It is available in Giri trading agency, siva vishnu temple t nagar; hari krishna agencies west mambalam, ganapathy agencies opposite to ayodhya mandapam, west mambalam.
Sir, can you please advice on the dates of the panchangam is available now?

Dear sir,
Please advice on upanayanam dates for my nephew born on 26-06-2009 star: Maham,preferably in July/August 2022

Dear sir,
Please advice on upanayanam dates in July/August 2022 for my nephew born on 26.06.2009, Star:Maham, Yajur vedam Koundinya Gothram
Dear sir,
If the panchangam is available now, can you please advice on upanayanam dates in July/August 2022 for my nephew born on 26.06.2009, Star:Maham, Yajur vedam Koundinya Gothram?

In reply to upanayanam days i am giving here the details. First UTHIRAYANAM; From 16 th january to 15th july every year is the best one. Tamil month MAASI month is good. STARS; aswathi;rohini; mirugasiesham;punarpoosam;poosam;uthiram; hastham;chithrai;swathi; anusham; uthiraadam; thiruvonam; avittam; sadayam; uthirathadhi; revathy.

PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR VEDAM:- RIK, YAJUR OR SAAMAM. NEW ALMANAC WILL COME SHORTLY. tHEN ONLY I WILL TELL YOU THE UPANAYANAM DATES. K.GOPALAN.

Dear Sir,

Can you recommend a date for my son't Upanayam? His Date of Birth is Jan 2nd 2009, 7:43 AM, Park Ridge, IL, USA. His start is poorattadhi and Rasi is Kumbha.

Regards,
Shiva

Hello, Namaskaram!
my son name Is Rambhatla Sai Narayana Anirudh
Born in Hongkong, 20 th March 2010
birthstar Rohini
time 11:15
pls suggest good Upnayana muhurtam for my son this year/ next year
mother star: Uttarashada, father star : Anuradha

Latest ads

Back