• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Isopanishad - An executive summary..

I had written down here my translation of iSa upanishad. This is a brief summary of the main points here.

iSa resides in all matter and beings which are born and/or moving in the Universe. iSa is that which does not abhor anything. iSa is desire. iSa is love. That does not mean iSa causes the moha or zoka in beings. In all beings Atma is the Knower. If Atma is the knower and iSa is the desire/love that emanates from Atma, then what is moha or zoka of individuals (nara)..?

All beings born undergo learning and unlearning. They undergo production and destruction. It is this cycle that evolves them.

Once upon a time, the laws of Universe were covered in the Hiranmaya pAtra (which I translate as Quark-Gluon Plasma). Pusan (which I translate as one of the Adityas, which are energies that create matter in Universe and puSan is QCD binding energy) uncovers them and triggers the evolution.

The Evolution progresses as Kratu, the intelligence of Atman triggering smara, the lust/excitations. The lust/excitations trigger further creations with more kratu, the intelligence of Atman. That triggers further smara, the excitations/lust, triggering more creations with more intelligence.

Agni, the usable/transferable energy in matter leads the path of this creation of wealth as it is the learned of all the matter and beings in the Universe. Whichever that manifests they submit to Agni.

-TBT

Glossing over your posts of this kind I think you can take even a story from say a Disney movie and make parallel between words that comes in Physics and Hindu scriptures and associate them with characters in the Disney movies.

We need to find a true Physics person (say a Professor in a very good school) who also knows our scriptures to come here and certify what you have written has some shades of truth. Otherwise most of us left to read and just mumbling 'it is all bs' based on intuition.

Let me ask a very simple question. I have free will - is that made up of some particles? You say laws of universe is covered in Quark-Gluon Plasma (whatever that is). So free will also originates from this Plasma??

Glossing over your posts of this kind I think you can take even a story from say a Disney movie and make parallel between words that comes in Physics and Hindu scriptures and associate them with characters in the Disney movies.

We need to find a true Physics person (say a Professor in a very good school) who also knows our scriptures to come here and certify what you have written has some shades of truth. Otherwise most of us left to read and just mumbling 'it is all bs' based on intuition.

Let me ask a very simple question. I have free will - is that made up of some particles? You say laws of universe is covered in Quark-Gluon Plasma (whatever that is). So free will also originates from this Plasma??

I totally understand your point of view. Expected.

hiraṇmayena pātreṇa satyasya apihitaṃ mukham\
tattvaṃ pūṣann apāvṛṇu satyadharmāya dṛṣṭaye

Thus says iSa upanishad. I translate it as Pusan uncovers the eternal laws that had covered the hiranmaya pAtra. That is the real translation also. Now the question is what is that hiranmaya pAtra and pusann..? I translated hiranmaya pAtra as QGP because I had translated earlier pusan as hadronic binding energy.

It is true that laws of (classical) Universe are seen post hadronization, which is when first particles form.

But ofcourse peer review of these needs people who know both and it's indeed a challenge, but not impossible. In the meanwhile, I write because something forces me to write (may be my ego) and least worried about the result. I enjoy what I am doing.

Matter in this Universe can be looked at as 'Information' or 'entropy' (say of some virtual 'Atman'). So we are, in a way, the 'thoughts' of that Atman (or say in your terminology, 'will' of that Atman), which is continuously evolving. Then there are our 'thoughts' (our will) in our brain, which are also continuously evolving.

Our 'Free will' is as 'free' as the 'free will' of that Atman (which are the matter and beings of the Universe).

Some interesting thoughts around it here and here..

A video intro here

-TBT

a-TB Sir,

I think Isopanishad has always been a tough nut to crack, for all philosophers. Somehow they twist and torture the text to arrive at the meanings they intend to convey, and finally imagine that they are satisfied with the result. Here is what Aurobindo Ghosh, otherwise an admirer of Sankaracharya, has to say specifically about the Sankara Bhashyam to Isopanishad.

".............Shankara is generally recognised as the most important commentator of the Isha Upanishad, but if all these conclusions are accepted, then Mayavada, the Illusionism of Shankara, sinks in the bottomless ocean. The founder of Mayavada is incomparable and immensely powerful among the philosophers. Just as thirsty Balarama brought to his feet the Yamuna unwilling to alter her course, by dragging and pulling her with a plough, so also Shankara, finding this Upanishad the destroyer of Mayavada and standing across the path toward his destination, dragged and pulled the meaning till it agreed with his own opinion. One or two examples will suffice to show the miserable condition to which this Upanishad has been reduced by such treatment......."

So I am really curious as to whether TBT ji has been able to break some new grounds into this conundrum :)

a-TB Sir,

I think Isopanishad has always been a tough nut to crack, for all philosophers. Somehow they twist and torture the text to arrive at the meanings they intend to convey, and finally imagine that they are satisfied with the result. Here is what Aurobindo Ghosh, otherwise an admirer of Sankaracharya, has to say specifically about the Sankara Bhashyam to Isopanishad.

".............Shankara is generally recognised as the most important commentator of the Isha Upanishad, but if all these conclusions are accepted, then Mayavada, the Illusionism of Shankara, sinks in the bottomless ocean. The founder of Mayavada is incomparable and immensely powerful among the philosophers. Just as thirsty Balarama brought to his feet the Yamuna unwilling to alter her course, by dragging and pulling her with a plough, so also Shankara, finding this Upanishad the destroyer of Mayavada and standing across the path toward his destination, dragged and pulled the meaning till it agreed with his own opinion. One or two examples will suffice to show the miserable condition to which this Upanishad has been reduced by such treatment......."

So I am really curious as to whether TBT ji has been able to break some new grounds into this conundrum :)

I could not understand what the conundrum is for starters LOL

If Mr TBT and/or Mr KRN can highlight what the issue is , then I think more of us can participate in the discusion

I could not understand what the conundrum is for starters LOL

If Mr TBT and/or Mr KRN can highlight what the issue is , then I think more of us can participate in the discusion

In my understanding, the Isopanishad has verses that does not 'fit' into the any of the established philosophies, like Advaita, Dvaita etc. The leaders of these philosophies were often hard put to explain the text. Or, it can also be seen as accepting all these divergent views in toto, if we consider some verses as referring to Advaita, some others to Dvaita and so on. That may actually be a good thing for the religion. I have gone thru the interpretations by Sankaracharya, Madhvacharya, Aurobindo Ghosh and Raghavendra Swamy and also by the saints from certain Maths like Sri Ramakrishna Math etc.

I have felt that over 90% of TBTji's posts are 'flights of imagination without any basis' but in this case it could be due to my (near absolute) lack of physics knowledge. So it is nice to see alternate interpretations, there is always a chance that you get some new idea out of it.

Last edited:
In my understanding, the Isopanishad has verses that does not 'fit' into the any of the established philosophies, like Advaita, Dvaita etc. The leaders of these philosophies were often hard put to explain the text. Or, it can also be seen as accepting all these divergent views in toto, if we consider some verses as referring to Advaita, some others to Dvaita and so on. That may actually be a good thing for the religion. I have gone thru the interpretations by Sankaracharya, Madhvacharya, Aurobindo Ghosh and Raghavendra Swamy and also by the saints from certain Maths like Sri Ramakrishna Math etc.

I have felt that over 90% of TBTji's posts are 'flights of imagination without any basis' but in this case it could be due to my (near absolute) lack of physics knowledge. So it is nice to see alternate interpretations, there is always a chance that you get some new idea out of it.

Thank you, Mr KRN.

I found some references online, Aurobindo has written Bengali book that was translated to English. It is hard to understand due to style and subject matter. Not clear if he actually understood teachings because his presentation is not crisp and clear.

Mr TBT is sincere and engages others here with respect. I just think he has great imagination too LOL

Thank you, Mr KRN.

I found some references online, Aurobindo has written Bengali book that was translated to English. It is hard to understand due to style and subject matter. Not clear if he actually understood teachings because his presentation is not crisp and clear.

Right! I too felt that his language is abstruse, am mystified that people were able to understand him. Anyway, here I am giving links to some documents (originally written in English) outlining his philosophy

rigveda.us/vl/surya-savitar.pdf

https://www.aurobindo.ru/workings/sa/37_15/the_secret_of_veda_15.pdf

https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/.../The-Secret-Of-The-Veda-Aurobindo.pdf

Here is a link to his thoughts on Isopanishad (translated from Bengali)

http://www.collectedworksofsriaurobindo.com/index.php/readbook/11-The-Isha-Upanishad-Vol-writings-in-bengali-translation

The below link gives his explanation of the Vedic verses 'Adyaa no..' and 'Viswani deva...' (Rig Veda 5.82.4-5) that Brahmins recite daily, as part of Sandhya Vandanam.

https://www.aurobindo.ru/workings/sa/37_15/0030_e.htm

Last edited:

Thank you Mr KRN.

I think I came across one of these links in my searches.

I get educated about what ideas exist in the world when I interact with you

Latest ads

Back