• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

This Andhra Pradesh village bans women from wearing nighties during daytime

prasad1

[FONT=&quot]Amaravati: In a strange incident, women in an Andhra Pradesh village are prohibited to wear nighties during the daytime. According to the elders of Tokalapalli village in the state's West Godavari district, no woman should wear nighties between 7 am to 7 pm.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The rule, allegedly formulated by village elders, say that if someone is found not following the 'rule', a fine of Rs 2000 will be imposed on her. Furthermore, a 'prize' of Rs 1000 has been earmarked for the person who informs village elders about women not adhering to the dress code.

http://zeenews.india.com/india/this...-wearing-nighties-during-daytime-2154350.html

I never understand why we give up some rights voluntarily and then fight for some other rights.
Maybe Muslim women voluntarily wear Burka and give up their right to drive in Saudi Arabia.
I am amazed.[/FONT]

Good...
Its high time women know how to dress.
Many women from India who stay here wear their nighties outside to some nearby stores..doctors clinic etc..
It just looks unkempt.

Renukaji,
Let's not impose dress code. I am sure the village elders will ban women from wearing shirt and three-quarter pant as well (even if they look kempt).

Latest ads

Back