• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Would anybody give link on vishnu sahasranama with anganiyasa and karaniyasas

Dear Raju,
Hope this is not too late a reply, or it might serve to be of some help to others atleast.
So, just sharing what i know. Others correct me if i'm wrong some where.

Usually, a vedic hymn or even a stotra will have 'Rishi chandas and devatha'(which is also a short version of anganyAsa) which much be recited to get the full fruit of the recital, but some great mantras or stotrams will have extensive anganyAsa, karanyAsam and dhyAnam as part of the recital.
With Repsect to Vishu SahasranAmam,
From Rishi, chandas, devata, Beejam, shakti, mantram, kIlakam, astram, nEtram, kavacham, digbandhaH and followed by viniyoga is well known to everybody as the most famous audio of MS ji includes this part.
But after viniyoga, one can do an additional or extensive anganyAsa and karanyAsam which is included below:

vishvam vishnurvashatkAra ithyangushtAbhyAm namaH |
amruthAmshUdbhavO bhAnuriti tarjanIbhyAm namaH |
brahmanyO brahmakritbrahmEti madhyamAbhyAm namaH |
suvarNabhindhu rakshObhya ithyanAmikAbhyAm namaH |
nimishOnimishaH sraghvIti kanishtAbhyAm namaH |
rathAngapAni rakshObhya iti kara tala karapruShTAbhyAm namaH |
suvrataH sumukhaH sUkshma iti gnyAnAya hrudayAya namaH |
sahasramUrddhA vishvAtmEti IshwaryAya shirasE swAhA |
sahasrArchchis saptajihvA iti shaktyai shikhAyai vashat |
trisAmAsAmaghassAmEiti balAya kavachAya hum |
rathAngapAni rakshObhya iti tEjasE nEtrAbhyAm vowshat |
shArngadhanvA gadAdara iti vIryAya astrAyapat |
Rutu sudarshana kAla iti digbandhaH |

and then finally do 'dhyAnam' on the respective deity of the stotram and then start to recite the actual stotram, which part everybody should be knowing and doing already.

Thanks,
sarvam krishnArpaNam.
Venkat.

Hi, Normally those books are printed alike any letters in tamil version of sanskrit vishnu sahasranamas
But i think that it has anganiyasa and karaniyasas
in between.
Would anybody give link where the sahasranamas are given with angan and karanyasa like we do in sandhya vandana

It is there in the Vishnu Sahasranamam book published by RS Vadhyar and sons, Palakkad. But it is in malayalam language and I don't think the book is available online.

I'm not sure why you are so specific for weblink only. but if you want only the content, then you can also check "shri vishnu sahasranAma bhasyam" from ramakrishna mission publication. which is in tamil(urai aasiriyar - Anna). where you find this anganyasa and karanyasa. Not the english version, whose commentary is done by Adi shankaraacharya, translated by tapasyaananda.
Best Regards,
Sarvam Krishnaarpanam.
Venkat.

Hi, thank you hariom,
In sandhya vandanam, you have those.
I heard that by doing not extensive but a kind of those before dhyanam would be somewhat effective rather than just following usual recital.
In this connection , i had trouble in getting but finally got one with some of those.
In M S subbulakshmi version, it is a kind of only manthras
in my given link, which i had got from a friend, after long surfing, there is some anganyasa and karanyasa as in sandhya vandhana.
one simple doubt, hi,ariom
Normally i find thikbandhaha before thyanam and after sthothra, there will be thikvimogaha
here i do not find the thikvimohaga .
When this should be said, in vishnu sahasranaman
because it shows to the end para of thik bandaha.
Or can it be as it in this lovely slow and clear
My namaskaram to the owner of the mp3 andi wish to share this to this site and May the original singer gets choicest blessings from vishnu .

Attachments

• VishnuSahasranamaSthothram_compressed.mp3
    15.8 MB · Views: 228
Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Raju,
Regarding uploads and access restrictions, i'm not aware of that and i myself don't have much access since i see, even most of my posts gets approved only in a day or 2 and sometimes it had taken even 2 weeks. So, reach out admin. they might help you out.
And with regard to Digvimogaha, i have heard about it but not sure about the proper usage and why its not there in all other prayogas consistantly. And i've not listened to audio too. Since i'm not sure, i dont want to comment on it.
But i can point you to ppl who can clarify any dharma shastra related doubts.
Kanchi mat's veda dharma paripaalana sabha has a youtube channel to publish their service to general audience for easy access. In that, they have also started newly something called "SSDSS" - Smriti sandesham, Dharma shastra seidigal - A Daily short message on dharma shastram. In addition to this, they have extended a service where shastrigals (Brahmasris) will take in queries regarding dharma shastram, but strictly between 3 to 5 pm ONLY. contact no: 9940100056.
You can get your doubts clarified there.
Best Wishes and sorry for the delay in reply.
Venkat.

Hi hariom,
thanks for your reply.
thanks for points on thikvimohaha
have you downloaded the audio.
i have written to admin thro contact us form
hope to get a reply

Latest ads

Back