• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

#MeToo impact: Chennai's Music Academy drops 7 musicians from December Festival

A very good decision..The musicians are shamed now...Will the film fraternity follow the Music Academy steps and boycott Vairamuthu atleast now...I don't think so....The consider him a demi God who cannot be attacked...What a shame to Tamil Nadu!!

#MeToo impact: Chennai's Music Academy drops 7 musicians from December cultural seasonOctober 25, 2018 19:27

The Madras Music Academy has decided to drop seven musicians against whom allegations of sexual harassment have been made from the list of performers in the December music season. The musicians who have been dropped are N Ravikiran, OS Thyagarajan, Mannargudi A Easwaran, Srimushnam V Raja Rao, Nagai Sriram, R Ramesh and Thiruvarur Vaidyanathan.

This is a significant announcement considering that the world of classical music and dance in South India is generally considered to be insular and stays silent on many social issues.

The Music Academy is the premier institution engaged in the promotion, training and performance of Carnatic music and Bharatanatyam in Chennai. The annual winter music and dance festival in Chennai, also known as the Margazhi festival, is attended by thousands of connoisseurs of classical music and dance.

Source: Rediff

https://scroll.in/latest/899575/met...seven-musicians-from-december-cultural-season

It’s quite shocking to see Vidwans like Mannargudi Easwaran and Tiruvarur Vaidyanathan are in the hit list.

While Mannargudi is accompanying all senior vidwans like Sanjay, TVS, Neyveli Santhanagopalan etc, Tiruvarur is accompanying Aruna Sairam and Sudha Raghunathan regularly. What will happen after this?

Nagai Sriram has been given lot of prominence, sidelining seniors, due to caste or PR. He is in the midst of controversy at a very young age. For the last couple of years, Music Academy has not given any chance to couple of senior Violinists. Where will the Music Academy Mamas show their faces?

Ravikiran was given Sangita Kalanidhi award last year, overlooking seniors. Will Music Academy take back the award? I doubt very much.

Stimushnam Raja Rao, who used to pose himself as tradition bound and criticize the audience and fellow musicians regularly, is facing the tune now.

He is the President of Thiagaraja Aradha Committee, Tiruvayaru, it seems.

Radhe Krishna - Srimushnam used this word regularly.

#Me too is spreading to areas of fine arts,TV,print media, cinema .There are Sex starved male in all walks of life. Included are academic fields,{ schools, colleges,univ] .

Domestic workers and those working women in lowly jobs in call centres face much male abuse.Not far behind are educated IT,management professionals. But booking them

and getting conviction in any court is difficult.The court processes are are time consuming and the victim of harassment and harasser get often equated. The attire of the

women is often blamed for their abuse from men.Women in workplace coming out now openly, is perhaps making men a bit jittery. Many would not like to have women in

their work group as the risks of having them outweighs the work they deliver.

#Me too is spreading to areas of fine arts,TV,print media, cinema .There are Sex starved male in all walks of life. Included are academic fields,{ schools, colleges,univ] .

Domestic workers and those working women in lowly jobs in call centres face much male abuse.Not far behind are educated IT,management professionals. But booking them

and getting conviction in any court is difficult.The court processes are are time consuming and the victim of harassment and harasser get often equated. The attire of the

women is often blamed for their abuse from men.Women in workplace coming out now openly, is perhaps making men a bit jittery. Many would not like to have women in

their work group as the risks of having them outweighs the work they deliver.

Once the damage is done, it’s very difficult to face public, especially musicians.

A very good decision..The musicians are shamed now...Will the film fraternity follow the Music Academy steps and boycott Vairamuthu atleast now...I don't think so....The consider him a demi God who cannot be attacked...What a shame to Tamil Nadu!!

I do not know about Tamil Cinemas, but Bollywood has been hit.

[FONT=&quot]The #MeToo wave that has crashed upon Bollywood, engulfing names such as Nana Patekar, Alok Nath, Sajid Khan, and Vikas Bahl, is here to stay. As production houses take the blow, and A-list stars such as Aamir Khan and Akshay Kumar step away from films and cancel shoots — they’re showing solidarity with the victims of sexual harassment — what does this mean for the high-stakes film industry, where each day’s delay means financial losses for producers and film crews?

[/FONT]
https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/what-s-metoo-bill-for-bollywood/story-eGWtZmsIEaIo0OwrHxrkmM.html

I wish # Me Too movement in India Godspeed and Good Luck!

A little fear in the hearts of all males in power or position is a good thing.

Expose the godly and goodly faces hidden bigly behind the masks! :spy:

Let women and girls live in peace with peace of mind at least in the future!

Once the damage is done, it’s very difficult to face public, especially musicians.

Has anyone EVER pondered or wondered about the female victims who

had been insulted, injured, ridiculed, castout and had to live with trauma

and shock all their lives??? When the hunting and haunting male gets

exposed man starts worrying about his ability to face the public!

I agree that innocent men will get hurt.
But in the cause of greater good that the predators are caught and punished.

When you spray pesticide to kill crop pest sometimes the honey bee to is sacrificed. Unfortunately, there are no safe methods.

I have never assaulted any female, and I routinely participate in women movements like ERA etc. But I hate that I have to change my behavior. I have to watch over my shoulder and be aware of my surroundings.

I do not know a single woman - not one - who has not been sexually abused or assaulted and this despite being friends with hundreds of women. This is a line I have repeated endlessly because that is the horrific truth. Being a woman is being in a battlefield every single day of your life.

Hence, when #MeToo burst out last year and then again this year in earnest in India, I – like many – realised, this is the revolution that we had been promised. Yet, in all these stories and in all the conversations, the victim is almost always a woman or if it is a man, he is someone who has himself been abused.

What is forgotten, perhaps because that is obviously not a priority right now, is the man who has been a victim without being assaulted himself.

Read more at: http://www.sify.com/news/metoo-and-...-not-a-victim-news-columns-sk0mECbgfgcaj.html

Has anyone EVER pondered or wondered about the female victims who

had been insulted, injured, ridiculed, castout and had to live with trauma

and shock all their lives??? When the hunting and haunting male gets

exposed man starts worrying about his ability to face the public!

Women have faced these insults silently...Now the pent up emotions are devastating all professions like a Tsunami..I think more will follow: Nurses, Doctors, lawyers, Government servants and so on...

Men too should have Me too movement cos who knows which female seduced them!

There might be some true cases of females being harassed but over all without solid evidence it is just "He says She says"

All cock and bull over the media when some females themselves would have played along to rise to fame and then cry foul would actually make true genuine cases be not taken seriously.

I agree that innocent men will get hurt.
But I hate that I have to change my behavior. I have to watch over my shoulder and be aware of my surroundings.

Agreed...I keep reminding my son..be very politically correct with everyone be it male or female cos the world is becoming a very hard place to live in.

As I wrote earlier, NOT all men are Devils and NOT all women Angels! :nono:

Just to get cheap publicity, some females might sling mud on popular persons.

I heard from a very reliable source that a medical student approached the Dean and

declared that she was ready to do 'anything' to get a pass in the final exam!

And then the Dean advised her to spend more hours in the library and

get the stuff into her head!!

So brave are the girls now! :shocked:

The next idea might be to threaten the male examiner that

he will be drawn in a #MeToo case, if pass mark is not given to a female student!! ;)

As I wrote earlier, NOT all men are Devils and NOT all women Angels! :nono:

Just to get cheap publicity, some females might sling mud on popular persons.

I heard from a very reliable source that a medical student approached the Dean and

declared that she was ready to do 'anything' to get a pass in the final exam!

And then the Dean advised her to spend more hours in the library and

get the stuff into her head!!

So brave are the girls now! :shocked:

It might have become "Do or Die" mission for that girl.

I bet she has seen / known similar incidents with respect to the other people in power and position .

As long as she doesn't complain that the Dean raped her, her actions are understandable - even though not acceptable!

The three lettered word is the master key that can open any lock and any door of any castle.

Thanks to the majority of males for making THIS possible. :moony:

Women have faced these insults silently...Now the pent up emotions are devastating all professions like a Tsunami..I think more will follow: Nurses, Doctors, lawyers, Government servants and so on...

You are 100% correct sir!
More and more silent sufferers will find courage to come out with their pent up feelings. Any kind of purge serves the good purpose of getting rid of everything ugly, filthy, unhealthy and unwanted!

Even if proof is NOT given, it is natural for the society to believe what a women says!!!

That is the real power! :thumb:

May be because no woman in her right sense would seek this kind of (-) publicity!

In a make his conquests speak of his (real or imaginary ) powers and prowess!

Recently a bollywood dhAdhA declared that he had slept with hundreds of women.

If TRUE, I pity those 300+ women.

I untrue, I pity that man who tries to prove his manliness with such falsehoods. :lie:

The issue is the #Metoo is always against men who are in power or position or fame etc

Why no #Metoo against..autodriver..local gonda or ordinary guys when perverts are found everywhere.

I wonder if anyone would start claiming Modi too " #Metoo"ed them.

Let's wait and watch.

There was a case here once where a father reprimanded his daughter for hanging out with her boyfriend and the girl made a false claim to the police that her father raped her cos she was angry with her father for reprimanding her..later it was proved that the father was innocent.

I have heard about a few high ranked, dead and gone musicians,

who have misbehaved with their female students!

Hope they will be spared and :rip: !!!

The best way to solve this problem and avoid embarrassment is to go in for the latest discovery in medical science related to bringing out truth.

Many complaints are about happenings years back!!

How to get the proof?

Also, how do these females define harrassment? :noidea:

Latest ads

Back