Tamil Brahmins
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by a-TB View Post
    What is the issue with deities and puja. There is no need for one to do puja to be called a Hindu.
    We are not stuck at all. It is other way around. Minimal rules, and maximum freedom to practice the way one wants. All that is needed is open heart to accept all the practices within Hindu faith. So why be critical of deities and puja. Let us not worry, let us be happy.
    Very well written!
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by a-TB View Post
    We are not stuck at all. It is other way around. Minimal rules, and maximum freedom to practice the way one wants. All that is needed is open heart to accept all the practices within Hindu faith. So why be critical of deities and puja. Let us not worry, let us be happy.

If this was true for all, there would not be all these conflicts. We can ignore a raging tsunami in the other side of the world, but you have to make decisions if it is outside your house.

If people are killed in the name of religion if people are told what they can eat in the name of religion, and a group of people are excluded from worshipping in their own religion, there has to be a protest.

That is where "the good Samaritan" story comes to play. Do the RIGHT THING, worry about religion later.

The problem is you think you are playing chess, but I am playing American football (in my gear) with you.
    If we do not challenge Status quo we still would be practicing the things that have been outlawed.

Sometimes you have to shake a tree to get all the fruits.
    Last edited by prasad1; 07-11-2018 at 04:50 PM.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    If this was true for all, there would not be all these conflicts. We can ignore a raging tsunami in the other side of the world, but you have to make decisions if it is outside your house.

If people are killed in the name of religion if people are told what they can eat in the name of religion, and a group of people are excluded from worshipping in their own religion, there has to be a protest.

That is where "the good Samaritan" story comes to play. Do the RIGHT THING, worry about religion later.

The problem is you think you are playing chess, but I am playing American football (in my gear) with you.
    If we do not challenge Status quo we still would be practicing the things that have been outlawed.

Sometimes you have to shake a tree to get all the fruits.
    Unable to follow the disjointed statements. I read it twice.

Whatever I am able to understand, here is my take.

Conflicts are created by people, often without understanding the teachings. Jesus may have said 'show the other cheek' but I am yet to find a christian who acts that. That does not mean there is a flaw in the teaching, it shows flaw on the person practicing the religion.

Hindus are taught ahimsa as a basis but murderers claim to be Hindus. It does not mean ahimsa teaching is wrong, it means it is not followed.

So tsunami you say are caused by people and their bad behavior. Sometimes they may say it is their religion. They can be wrong. '

Protest or law enforcement is the answer if law is broken. Period. No religion can trump laws. So I do not follow the point made.

Hinduism is special because it teaches about Dharma which is about the right thing. So I am not sure what worry about religion later means.

What status quo are you talking about??

Outlawed should not be practiced. If they are the culprits have to be punished. But no need to bring this into a discussion about religion.

I have no idea what tree has to be shaken. Someone who does not understand basics is not the right person to shake anything.

You say you have been to Chinmaya mission classes, ran temples and now you said somewhere you are cynical about many things. That is your own views, we cannot say the problem are those classes or the temple organizations.

It seems you differed with what I wrote, and if you expressed what you want to convey with thoughts that are connected well I can respond
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213